The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Rook's Tower of Light (right shoulder) refuses to shoot

By on October 14, 2009 10:01:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play Rook exclusively and it happens very frequently, that the Rook's Tower of Light on his right shoulder simply refuses to shoot all of a sudden for a period of time. Sometimes it's not shooting at all (when it stops once) until I get the Trebuchet upgrade.

So far I have only observed this against creeps. While the Archer Tower is shooting always and the whole time, the ToL sometimes just does nothing at all, when attacking creeps. I don't know if this bug only happens against creeps exclusively... it's just that in the heat of the battle against a Demigod I didn't notice it yet and so far the ToL was always active when I followed an enemy to give him the final blow (which is usually done by the ToL in the earlier levels).

+74 Karma | 28 Replies
October 15, 2009 4:30:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

spookie...im doing rook atm and i agree...but i know its only against creeps it just refuses to attack them if ur out of ur own bases tower range for some reason.... this would be a great one to get fixed but i suppose the upside to this is that when the fleeing demigod is running u know ur tower is always hitting him thats why i havnt posted hehehe...its a glitch yes but its a exploit in a way also....u know waht i mean or naw?

October 15, 2009 4:30:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

spookie...im doing rook atm and i agree...but i know its only against creeps it just refuses to attack them if ur out of ur own bases tower range for some reason.... this would be a great one to get fixed but i suppose the upside to this is that when the fleeing demigod is running u know ur tower is always hitting him thats why i havnt posted hehehe...its a glitch yes but its a exploit in a way also....u know waht i mean or naw?

October 15, 2009 4:32:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

btw double post due to telstra wireless F^&%King S^%t

October 15, 2009 4:32:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

omg i know 4 post in a row but i forgot to mention...it only started doing this since the last patch....well 2 patches ago as of today

October 15, 2009 5:07:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe

Well good to hear that others have observed this too. If it really does only happen against creeps it's not a big deal. It might be a bigger deal though, if it also happens against enemy towers. It's also more importnant in late game of course, against Giants and Catapults (though I haven't really observed yet, if this bug also occurs against Catas and Giants).

October 15, 2009 8:54:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmmm yeah i didnt think about the thing with towers.... ill have to keep an eye out now and against the catas and giants.

October 15, 2009 9:00:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm, I'm gonna watch out for that bug when I play Rook again.

Are you sure it's just not visible because the beam goes through the Rook himself to reach the creeps which are most of the time under him when he attacks?

October 15, 2009 9:09:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im 100% positive its not that mate...u can always see the glow on the tower when it fires...its just not fireing...

October 15, 2009 12:17:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heres an update for u spooky...today during a game the ToL did fire on normal creeps minions/priest...but only a few times in the whole game. and it doesnt fire on towers ussually...

October 16, 2009 5:24:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
Hm, I'm gonna watch out for that bug when I play Rook again.

Are you sure it's just not visible because the beam goes through the Rook himself to reach the creeps which are most of the time under him when he attacks?
Yeah, I am fairly sure about that. I specifically looked for that when fighting creeps. They only took damage from the arrows and when rook hits them with his hand, no additional damage being done was visible.

October 17, 2009 2:00:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok so i suppose the next step now that we are sure that it is glitched is, weather stardock are aware of it? and wether they plan on doing anything about it?...seeing as the fire TB isnt "fixed" who knows?...or maybe the fire tb isnt meant to shoot while running or shoot anything to close to him.... or shoot then move b4 the projectile hits....anyway this is the rook were talking about... Spooky ur more experienced with forums then me... lol

October 17, 2009 6:20:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I passed it on to -Sorian-, who's also doing bugfixing work on Demigod. I hope that'll be enough.

October 17, 2009 7:27:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Perhaps it's "reserved" for demigods when they enter within a certain distance of you?

October 17, 2009 7:43:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pseudomelon,
Perhaps it's "reserved" for demigods when they enter within a certain distance of you?
No, the Tower of Light does attack creeps. It just sometimes does not.

October 18, 2009 12:43:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also happens against enemy Demigods. In this replay, at minute 7:48, I start chasing an enemy Rook. Only the Archer Tower keeps firing at the Rook. The Tower of Light never shoots and the enemy Rook is only taking damage from the Archers. During the main part of the "chase", no other enemy units were in range.

October 18, 2009 1:59:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky__,
Also happens against enemy Demigods. In this replay, at minute 7:48, I start chasing an enemy Rook. Only the Archer Tower keeps firing at the Rook. The Tower of Light never shoots and the enemy Rook is only taking damage from the Archers. during the main part of the "chase", no other enemy units were in range.

iv been lucky enough for this not to happen to me yet so far its always fired on demis.,

November 20, 2009 4:31:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still not fixed in v1.2.

November 20, 2009 4:42:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

// woops double post

November 20, 2009 6:31:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm. I hadn't read about this before. it does sound suspiciously like the targetting problems that occur with the QoT's Shamblers. Essentially the tower locks on to a target, that moves out of range. The tower then waits until the target enters range, and ignores everything else until this happens. IIRC adding another shoulder weapon resets all shoulder weapons as well as typically changing them. This would free the targetting glitch. Likewise when the target dies the targetting glitch should also be fixed. This is all conjecture, but is something to think about when looking into this.

November 20, 2009 6:48:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive had this aswell. And it was really anoying me when i "chase" down a DG.

Yes, i've also had while chasing DG's notonly farming creeps.

Thought it was some sort of game mechanic your own towers not being close enough?

That kinda thing. Nice to see a report on this.

November 20, 2009 6:53:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
Hmm. I hadn't read about this before. it does sound suspiciously like the targetting problems that occur with the QoT's Shamblers. Essentially the tower locks on to a target, that moves out of range. The tower then waits until the target enters range, and ignores everything else until this happens. IIRC adding another shoulder weapon resets all shoulder weapons as well as typically changing them. This would free the targetting glitch. Likewise when the target dies the targetting glitch should also be fixed. This is all conjecture, but is something to think about when looking into this.
This sounds plausible! I made a testgame today: 2009_11_20_21_37_07_Cataract_Singleplayer.DGReplay

At minute ~7:30 or so I am attacking the Occulus. I think he teleported away and since then the Tower of Light didn't attack any other targets anymore, until the Occulus came back.

November 20, 2009 6:57:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting. I did some testing myself just now, but was unable to replicate. I'll try again when I have more time.

November 28, 2009 9:45:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

guys this really needs to be fixed as its such a big bug same as the tbs auto attack but we know thats getting fixed i havnt heard anything about this geting fixed...mind u im a merchant seaman so i cant keep up with things all the time... and its so so important when chasing down enemy demigods...

p.s http://www.funnyjunk.com/movies/3569/Black+Eyed+Peas+I+Gotta+Feeling+PARODY+I/ <---racist or funniest thing ever u decide LOL

December 19, 2009 8:35:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This also happens with the Rook's Trebuchet btw.

In this replay, the Trebuchet stopped shooting at enemies at around minute 18. You can see at that timestamp that I am positioning myself around an enemy tower, expecting my Trebuchet to shoot at it, but it simply doesn't. However, it starts shooting at the enemy Oak again, once he comes in range again. So it seems the Trebuchet was locked onto the Oak even when out of range and therefore was not shooting at other enemies.

December 20, 2009 4:06:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you know what, i also encounterd this...im on a ship the last 4 weeks... playing vs ai...but i wasnt sure if it happend online as i havnt had internets and never noticed it before 3 weeks ago.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.