The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Cannot connect to a NAT Facilitator

By on October 13, 2009 12:05:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seluhir

Join Date 06/2009

Okay so this is my last attempt to try to get this game working... I've NEVER been able to play multiplayer(and this game has virtually no single player so I'm starting to feel a little ripped off). I tried back in June, several times. There was a big connectivity thread going there... so here's the post from there explaining the major things I've tried:

1) done

2) done - firewalls are all disabled

3) Done

4) Done - same as #2

1) Shaw Cable

2) D-Link

3) Cable Modem

4) http://www.paste-it.net/public/r8c2f2a/ - this paste is no longer valid as it was so long ago.

5) When trying to connect to any type of game, or when trying to host a game, I get the message 'cannot connect to NAT Facilitator. Try again later'.

(As a response to the following questions)

1. Open ports 6112 to 6200 on your router and point them to the PC IP address you're playing on.  This isn't generally necessary but it can help.

2. Make sure you don't have some firewall blocking out Demigod. Some router firewalls prevent UDP traffic from getting through.

3. Have you tried the parameter /serverproxyonly in the Demigod shortcut as a parameter? This will have us host your connection for you.

4. Make sure you don't have a firewall or packet blocker on your own machine as they are designed to block p2p connections.

Now, if you are still having problems, let's walk through what we need:

#1 Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?

#2 What brand and make of router are you using? 

#3 What kind of connection do you have? Cable Modem? DSL? ISDN? ADSL? VDSL? Something else?

#4 Post your impulsereactor.log file in your comment. It's in your my documents\my games\gas powered games\demigod directory.

#5 Describe clearly and specifically what problem you are having. What were you trying to do? What did you see on the screen? What did the connectivity dialog say? The more information we have, the better we can help you.

Edit: So to sum it up, no matter what I do... when I try to host or join a game of any sort, I get "Cannot connect to a NAT facilitator", and am unable to play. I've tried several times in the past 4 months... basically every time Impulse told me there was a new update, and each and every time the error has been the same.

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 13, 2009 1:01:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This problem was considered fixed after some major changes in the message handling between Demigod and the Stardock servers.

Try to host a game and wait for the error. Close Demigod and go to My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod. Archive the files ImpulseReactor.log, DemigodLog.txt and CVPMultiplayerEngine_*.csv. Send this archive to [email protected] with the problem description and the list of things you already tried and specified. (This will probably be forwarded to Cari.)

November 25, 2009 4:54:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, it's not fixed in my case, and I'm quite confident I am not the only one that still have trouble with NAT facilitators.

November 27, 2009 11:00:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Everything was fine until this evening, and now this problem is constant.

November 27, 2009 11:06:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mine just stopped working too.  Was fine for the last 6 months.  Now it no worky

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: