The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Don't like complaining...

But I'm going to

By on October 3, 2009 6:28:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nubby

Join Date 04/2008

I bought this game when it first came out and noticed that the connectivity issues were making it basically unplayable. I did all the various little tweaks to my router, my connection settings, my firewall settings. Still the amount of time it takes to find a game is best described as ridiculous. I understand that the developers made the monumentally stupid decision to make this a P2P game rather than hosting servers but I was hoping after several months they would have remedied the situation. Alas I reinstalled the game last night and today I am having the same problems I had when the game first came out. I don't want a reimbursement... I don't want an appology. I just want it to work.

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 3, 2009 9:55:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For stardock or gpg to invest more money into a sinking ship (dg) during economic downturn is corporate suicide. Don't expect it. They are hard at work on a new game probably.

October 3, 2009 11:12:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just want it to work.

It does. Simply because one person cannot connect does not mean the game is flawed. Have you tried emailing [email protected] with your problem?

they will be sure to help. Also try posting more details about your issue, like your PC/OS, router and ISP details and even your location.

The community is pretty knowledgable and may have a solution for you...if not [email protected] will.

For stardock or gpg to invest more money into a sinking ship (dg) during economic downturn is corporate suicide. Don't expect it. They are hard at work on a new game probably.

One persons connection issues has nothing to do with SD/GPG investng money into the product. This is a support issue and perhaps something that could be fixed by a small tweak.

Your comment may be well be true, but it should hold no bearing on a support issue.

October 6, 2009 1:41:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes because Im the one person with connectivity issues. Get real.

October 6, 2009 3:29:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nubby,

I believe it is now a small sub-population who is still having connection issues. Disregarding the few random drops that almost everyone experiences, it seems as if most people with problems are having them because of their ISP/router/computer and not becuase of the game.

October 6, 2009 3:37:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sacrificial_Soul,

Quoting Nubby, reply 3Yes because Im the one person with connectivity issues. Get real.

I believe it is now a small sub-population who is still having connection issues. Disregarding the few random drops that almost everyone experiences, it seems as if most people with problems are having them because of their ISP/router/computer and not becuase of the game.

Desyncs, endless connectivity screens...

'dropping' is not the only connection issue this game has.

October 6, 2009 3:49:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,

Quoting Sacrificial_Soul,
reply 4

Quoting Nubby, reply 3Yes because Im the one person with connectivity issues. Get real.

Desyncs, endless connectivity screens...

'dropping' is not the only connection issue this game has.

Well, assuming you can make it into the lobby to begin with, ppl shouldn't be experiencing these problems. I'll give you that. I just have a feeling that many of the vocal "fix it or I'm done" people haven't really taken the time to properly forward ports, etc. I've had a few friends who were having tons of problems and after I walked them through router set-up, the majority of the problems went away. But, as you pointed out, this is not to say that all problems have been fixed. The game is far from unplayable though, as I think most would agree.

October 6, 2009 6:52:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whatever....Next time i try and help you, i'll remember to hit myself in the head with a hammer instead....

October 13, 2009 12:10:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The game is unplayable for me... since it has a worthless single player(their worst decision btw was to skimp on single player so much) and I'm having connectivity issues that have persisted since June...

October 13, 2009 5:34:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you're having issues, please contact support as noted above. Telling people off who try to offer help or explanations isn't going to solve your issue.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: