The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod! FUNGUS LORD!

By on September 27, 2009 11:33:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alright this is my new badass Demigod idea! His name is of course the Fungus Lord!

He is a : Light General, focuses on large variety of minions and constant dmg

I'll have his story tomorow i hope but for now i dont

Here are some abilities: Spore Budding, The Fungus Lord plants several spore seeds, creating his army of mushroom minions. 50 mana, 5 sec cast time, min recharge.

Mold Swarm (passive): The Lord gains the ability to produce a Mold swarm in his spore budding waves, and he also passively gains a poison attack that deals 5 damage every second for 30 seconds. Mold swarms have 100 health and can move through other units and while near or on enemy units inflict 30 damage a sec.

Acid Spores: 350 mana, .5 sec cast time, Lord emits acid spores around him in a 360 degree arc. These spores will deal 50 damage a second and reduce armor by 100 to units within it.  Lasts for 15 secs

Resurection Mushroom: Lord gains the ability to spawn a single resurection mushroom with his spore budding waves. These mushrooms are stationary and do not attack. They have 50 hp and 300 mana. They cast resurect on allied reinforcments and your minions. the mushroom will apear to spit them out. It cannot ressurect other demigods.

Wart Fungus: Lord gains ability to spawn wart fungus ( not in budding wave). It will be spawned constantly until this ability is deactivated. It will be spawed wherever the lord steps. 30 mana a sec. This fungus will explode once stepped on by enimies and will deal 80 damage in small aoe. It knocks back smaller units.

Fungal Infection: Passive, 50% of the enimies that FL kills will be converted to Fungi Men, who have 500 hp, 55 atk, and they gain 5 bonus health/dmg for each other type of fungi under your control. These guys are the normal summon and are used for many abilities. Also passively increases lords dmg health and armor by 50 per Fungus Man

Foul Reaction: 500 mana 1.5sec cast time, lord causes 1/3/5/7 of his Fungi men to explode instantly dealing 300/500/700/900 dmg over 3/2/1/instantly seconds. This is in a small aoe and will also reduce armor of targets affected by 100/200/300/500

Mental Mushrooms: Passive, lord gains the ability to summon 1/2/3 mental mushrooms with his spore budding, these mushrooms have super low health and armor but cast Mental Infection on targets which deals massive dmg in small aoe. They also passively give a great bonus to dmg and health to other mushrooms.

Chemical Spores: lord emits a passive aura of chemical spores. These deal 30 dmg a sec to targets affected. It also has a chance to take control of targets in which they will lose total control but they would gain doulble dmg. They dg would attack aliied and enemey dgs.

Lord of the Fungus: requires two other fungi summons to be chosen, passively increases amounts of minions you may control by 2 and gives all of his fungi 30 bonus dmg to their attacks, but this dmg will be dealt over 3 secs. It ALSO can be attivated for 500 mana and would sacrafice 5/4/3  mushroom minions, they will explode dealing 300 dmg over 3 secs to targets in small area, but will also create a Lichen Beast. This lichen beast has 200 atk dmg, 50 dmg/sec aura, and 2500 health, this creature will explode after 60 secs dealing half damage equal to damage it has done. You will be healed for half the exposion dmg. (Not how much the explosion does, but half of the damage it would do if it hit something)

Rotten Spores: Lord spawns rotten spores and emits them via long rang to an enemy structure or demigod dealing 20/40/60/100 damage a sec and causing them to take an aditional 50 damage a second for 10 secs for each other lord effect on them. Buidlings will be unable to attack.

Lethal Fungi: Lord releases lethal fungi into the air, reducing eneimies speed by 10/12/15 and increasing conditional damage they take by 3/5/8%. The final level of this causes them to lose 5 health a sec for 10 secs (This lasts that long)

Here is his amazing story finally

Far away in a deep blackish cave that lay in the massive Rudo Moutnains, A blackish fungi was rooting itself upon the moist walls, feasting on the rotting insects. It was a disgusting sight, but essential for decaying bodies to reduce the amount of carnivores in the area. Over the years the cave began to become a powerfull fungi hideout. They hid and congregated like a flock of geese preying on fish. The Fungi mixed and matched for years producing many disgusting breeds and species, but of all one block of many species became dominant. Among the fungi there, the Possesion fungi, Mental Fungus and The Acid fungi became very powerful. They all had sub-classes but they had no Lord or Fungi keeper to maintain them. That was until a young curios boy wandered into the cave, with awe spreading across his face. He ran joyfully into teh cave. He pocked the growing mushroom with enthusiasm. Everday for months the boy came here and watched the fungi, and talked to it.

Not much food had come to the cave for quite some time, and the Mental fungi proposed a solution. The planned to lure the foolish boy over and then blast him with acid, and feast. They did not retain emotions or feelings for other livling creatures, so they had no problems with this. "So amazing... Gosh i wonder what its like..." the boy murmered to himself in awe as he stared at newly budding acidic mushrooms. "I can tell you, young one" said a deep voice within his head. The boy looked around the cave with caution on his face. He stood to his feet slowly and once again looked around the cave. "H-hello?" he asked unsurely. "Look behind you." The boy spun on his heels and sent his eyes widly around the room. "At the purple mushroom, the largest one on the dark black rock." The voice said with decisive conviction. "That one?" the boy sent an unsure at the the large purple mushroom. "Yes, that one." The voice stated quickly. The boy walked over and knelt down to it. "What am i looking around?"

The boy heard a slopping noise behind him. He turned his head quickly, but imediatley regretted it. Green mist was sprayed into his face. "Ahh!" the boy quickly got to his feet and retreated out of the cave. The fungi sat disappointed, but when the boy latter returned that night, hope rose within the colonies.

But, this time the boy was not alone. A tall beared man, with a massive aura of confidance stepped slowly into the cave, with the boy not far behind in tow. "So where did this thing blast you?" said a deep voice, presumably the man. "Right there in the corner, the dark green one with white specales." the boy said with haste. He had cleary not taken comfort in the incident. His face was red and the skin was peeling. He body was clearly resisting the effects. But his body could not forever, it would take time.

"You sure?" the man said with deep question in is voice. "Yes im sure." The man sent a large black boot upon the helpless mushroon. Greenish foam bubbled out of the crushed creature. For several weeks the boy never returned, when he did, he was in poor condition. He rested down next to the cruel fungi. "Why d-did you do-do thi- this to me?" He asked with clear pain in his voice. "We are hungry." the largest mental mushroom projected.

The boy later returned unsurely with three dead rats. He set them down next to the fungi colonies. After that he began to truly become attached to the fungus. It became addicted to him, what he had to offer. The boy would come eagerly to the cave nearly everyday, and he taught the fungus of what life was like for him. They began to have a fractured understanding of common emotions. One day the boy developed cancer. He visited the cave once more, with several people with him. "These damned things are what made you sick eh? I'll crush these little congregating bastards with my- he was cut of by the boy, "It couldn't have been them, ive developed an immunity to them. My body's defenses are invincible to they're effects. And they wouldn't now. " he said sincerly.

And when the boy died, the fungi all mourned him with they're own chants. They even began to feel sadness and loss. The boy's body was buried with them, but they never fed off of him. The family regularly dropped food off for them. Then one day, it happened. A new fungi budding hit the boys still rotting body, in fact almost all of the dominant species hit his body. And after many years, after the family left, the boy becam a hulking fungi man, who could spawn and use the abilities of the fungi in the cave, he had no memory of who he was, but he still wandered the earth watching over the fungi of the world, and taking care of them.

+11 Karma | 9 Replies
September 28, 2009 5:24:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Golden Mushroom health pot.... gets your enemy stoned and forces them to auto attack an ally for 30 seconds (the cannot control their dg at this time).

So when they drop a pot, like erebus - it messes with them!

September 28, 2009 5:37:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it sounds rly funny, Lord of Fungus.. but serioulsy wtf is going on with his skills

i want to see more abilitys for the fungus lord.. i like lukas suggestion, if that works on even UB, thats some potent shit. i can see ub spewing on the ground after taking it lol.

September 28, 2009 8:05:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

His focuse is to be a DOT and minion swarming dg. He has a large variety of abilities adn minions making him a great support dg. He would have to be very mana dependant. I'll also think of adding that one in only with a diffrent name....

September 30, 2009 9:51:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it, it'd be a very different feel, however I'd make him a Light DG, so that he contrasts more with the QoT.

September 30, 2009 10:01:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol k. He'll be light and thanks for POSOTIVE FEEDBACK AND NOT POSTIN RANDOM CRAP LIKE GOLDEN MUSHROOM HEALTH POT!

October 1, 2009 12:06:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sounds pretyt interesting... i also got a skill idea

Rotting spore
0.5 sec cast
Recharge: 6 secs
Range: UB's spit.

Throw a rotting spore at target enemy.
Target is dmg'd for 30/50/70/90 each sec for 10 secs. (up to 3 spores can be on a target at a time).
Can also be used on enemy stuctures.

October 1, 2009 12:11:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks gkrit and ill be sure to add ur idea in

October 1, 2009 3:46:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i got another skill idea lol.

Lethal Fragrance
0.1 sec cast
Recharge: 3 secs
Range: Tbs circle of fire

Fungus lord releases a deadly fragrance in the air around him.
Immobilizes you while skill is active but enemies in skills radius attack and move 5%/10%/15%/20% slower and recieve 10%/15%/20%/25% more dmg from all sources.
While skill is active you also lose 10/20/30/40 health and mana each second.

October 1, 2009 6:51:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting idea dude, ill be sure to add it too (The current list of abilities is all of the abilities that look the best for him)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.