The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

People have started kicking me...

By on September 26, 2009 4:07:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just started playing again and have been kicked many times by players because my stats show I have only played 16 games (due to Epoch reset). I have in fact played Demigod since the start of Beta.

Note to people: Before deciding someone is noob because of their stats, check their game list. You will find people have joined "Only Pro" games and so have a harder time winning games and may have a lower win percentage.

+26 Karma | 25 Replies
September 26, 2009 10:32:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is why I hesitate to even start playing online again after having not played for quite a while. How can you even expect to improve if you get kicked anytime you join a game for being new?

September 26, 2009 11:10:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

don't listen to this guy Dalzk - I;ve played well over 200 games with him in previous epochs against the best players going and he is a total noob - he rarely gets more than 10 kills a game and constantly downs the enemy citadel before I've padded my favor points with unnecessary citadel upgrades

Kick on sight

September 27, 2009 12:46:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe...nice

September 27, 2009 1:16:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just played a game with Dalzk. We pwn a pro team. He's good.

(btw, Ke5trel is the best anti-ganking Oak I've seen.)

September 27, 2009 3:54:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The ladder was reset on June 25th, wasn't it? You haven't played "since the start of beta," you played 'back in beta,' which is to say not within the past four months.

If you're getting kicked from games you must be pugging, why not just play pantheon to buid your record back up a bit? It's generally faster than sitting in lobbies and we could use more people in queue.

I know it's annoying getting kicked from games, but the ladder season has just been going for so long now that 90% of the time someone has few games it's going to mean they're new. You're a very, very rare exception, but for better or worse the community is so small you'll probably get some name recognition soon and it'll be a non-issue.

September 27, 2009 8:49:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This may be irrelevant but how does the pantheon work?

Last time I tried it I got stuck waiting for 5 minutes then it froze when I tried to quit it ><

September 27, 2009 2:20:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The ladder was reset on June 25th, wasn't it? You haven't played "since the start of beta," you played 'back in beta,' which is to say not within the past four months.

If you're getting kicked from games you must be pugging, why not just play pantheon to buid your record back up a bit? It's generally faster than sitting in lobbies and we could use more people in queue.

I know it's annoying getting kicked from games, but the ladder season has just been going for so long now that 90% of the time someone has few games it's going to mean they're new. You're a very, very rare exception, but for better or worse the community is so small you'll probably get some name recognition soon and it'll be a non-issue.

Agreed

September 27, 2009 3:45:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do they at least say "sry" before kicking you? I would.

@golgoth It works like XBL matchmaking...I mean, it works the opposite of XBL matchmaking. You click fight, then wait a while. Seriously though, if you feel like you wait a lot, try joining Pantheon during the evening when a lot of gamers are playing. I'm in U.S. East, so I see a lot of people on around 6-11pm or later.

September 27, 2009 6:18:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just started playing again and have been kicked many times by players because my stats show I have only played 16 games (due to Epoch reset). I have in fact played Demigod since the start of Beta.

Note to people: Before deciding someone is noob because of their stats, check their game list. You will find people have joined "Only Pro" games and so have a harder time winning games and may have a lower win percentage.

This has happened to me today after I decided to give Demigod another spin. I haven't been playing as long as you, but I got the game before it was "released." I joined a game for "average" players and they kicked me because I have only played 2 games, or so my stats show.

September 27, 2009 6:29:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why not just play pantheon to buid your record back up a bit?

pantheon... i keep seeing pantheon games in the open games list as 3:3:6:6

this means 2 humans 1 ai vs 1 human 2 ai, no?

i'll pass.

September 27, 2009 6:46:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ed anger,

why not just play pantheon to buid your record back up a bit?
pantheon... i keep seeing pantheon games in the open games list as 3:3:6:6

this means 2 humans 1 ai vs 1 human 2 ai, no?

i'll pass.
I wasn't talking to you.

September 27, 2009 6:51:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They're just jealous DalzK.

Quoting obscenitor,
I wasn't talking to you.

I laughed.

September 28, 2009 5:11:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice to have you back Dalzk, hit me up if you are struggling to get in a game. I think you are surely suffered enought with those results agaisnt Spurs and Villa.

September 28, 2009 5:21:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

guys join noob or mid games. if tehre are none open, host yourself. they fill up pretty fast.

if you are not new and better then mid level but your stats are fucked up then in most cases you have time to explain it. but in the most cases i observed that the diff of such playrs to the players in many games they join are far too big to provide anyone any fun.

September 28, 2009 2:10:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting vindKtiv,

I joined a game for "average" players and they kicked me because I have only played 2 games, or so my stats show.

Is it really that hard to play several games and bring that number up?  I can't tell you the number of people that cannot read and join games they should not be joining.  I am not going to take the time to investigate everyone's gamelists before kicking them or leaving the lobby.  I'll look at games played and win rate and make the decision right then and there.

For every one of you that may be pro with 2 games played showing, there are 100s of noobs with 2 games played showing and joining "pro" only games.

September 28, 2009 2:47:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not going to take the time to investigate everyone's gamelists before kicking them or leaving the lobby.  I'll look at games played and win rate and make the decision right then and there.

Thats really being lazy. Your willing to switch Demigod windows to the DG Pantheon site and type in their name. It takes about 3 seconds extra to click "Game List" after that (which you only have to do if they have dodgy stats).

If your too lazy for that it would at least be kind to ask him if he is actually a pro and if he doesnt reply after 10 secs then fair enough. If he rejoins and tells you he is good look up his game list to confirm.

E.G
Have a look at this guy!
http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/player/78104
Wow...look. He is no.1 ranked. Let him stay in your "Pro's only" game?
No. Check his gamelist. They are all Pantheon a.i matches and he isnt a Pro player.

If you want to use a broken ladder ranking to decide how good a player is - go ahead.

September 28, 2009 4:30:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always check the stats of every player.  I never click through to the gamelist.  The exceptions are so few as to not be worth the extra 3 seconds per ~10 people you need to check to start a 3v3.  You want people to stop kicking you, play 15 games, and since you are appaerntly so uber you should easily get to 12-3.  At which point, people would stop kicking you.  It's NOT OUR PROBLEM - IT'S YOURS. 

September 28, 2009 4:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You want people to stop kicking you, play 15 games, and since you are appaerntly so uber you should easily get to 12-3.

It already is.

At which point, people would stop kicking you.  It's NOT OUR PROBLEM - IT'S YOURS.

Yes, its my problem - but its your fault. Anyway enjoy acting like a prick - im sure everyone here on the forums shall enjoy it!!!

I just had a game with a player who had a win percentage of 25% and he turned out better then everyone on the other team so...

September 28, 2009 4:46:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree with Dalzk here's another guy comes to mind http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/11216/page/1

I only remember him cuz he was godawful and kept telling me his ranking was bout same as me so my advice in game wasn't needed. Watch out for the tricky patheon stat padders, if you're host you have to do the extra click when searching peoples' stats.

September 28, 2009 5:00:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
don't listen to this guy Dalzk - I;ve played well over 200 games with him in previous epochs against the best players going and he is a total noob - he rarely gets more than 10 kills a game and constantly downs the enemy citadel before I've padded my favor points with unnecessary citadel upgrades

Kick on sight

Ya what Kestrel said Dalzk was my ESL partner a total noob kick on site ASAP

September 28, 2009 5:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting B-DalzK,

I am not going to take the time to investigate everyone's gamelists before kicking them or leaving the lobby.  I'll look at games played and win rate and make the decision right then and there.

Thats really being lazy. Your willing to switch Demigod windows to the DG Pantheon site and type in their name. It takes about 3 seconds extra to click "Game List" after that (which you only have to do if they have dodgy stats).

If your too lazy for that it would at least be kind to ask him if he is actually a pro and if he doesnt reply after 10 secs then fair enough. If he rejoins and tells you he is good look up his game list to confirm.

E.G
Have a look at this guy!
No. Check his gamelist. They are all Pantheon a.i matches and he isnt a Pro player.

If you want to use a broken ladder ranking to decide how good a player is - go ahead.

I play Pantheon and I will play any pro any time

September 28, 2009 5:12:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree with Dalzk here's another guy comes to mind http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/11216/page/1

I only remember him cuz he was godawful and kept telling me his ranking was bout same as me so my advice in game wasn't needed. Watch out for the tricky patheon stat padders, if you're host you have to do the extra click when searching peoples' stats.

lol. are you joking about Radish ?

September 28, 2009 10:06:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting B-DalzK,

The fact that I already have to tab out to even check win rate is a pain in the ass.  Not too mention that I need to run down the stats of the other 5-7 people in the lobby to make sure they can read and understand the title of the game.  So after spending all that time checking those people out, I really don't have the patience to then check out individual game lists on the off chance that your # of games is inaccurate.

Quoting B-DalzK,

You're kidding, right?  Why don't you just say you are good the second you join the lobby?  Why put the burden on the person who is constantly having new players join their game?  Second, it's not just the host that is checking your stats, but your teammates as well.  I regularly leave games when my teammates have nub stats.  Why go through the pain of playing when your teammate is just going to feed?  You may be the exception, but for everyone of you, there are hundreds that aren't the exception.  If the host is not on the ball, the good players will leave.

Quoting B-DalzK,

Who said anything about using the ladder to decide how good a player is?

Quoting B-DalzK,

E.G
Have a look at this guy!

He doesn't play custom games, so it's not an issue, is it?  

September 29, 2009 4:55:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He doesn't play custom games, so it's not an issue, is it?  

He does. Just most of them are Pantheon

September 29, 2009 7:53:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyway welcome back Dalzk

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.