The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod - Guardian

By on September 25, 2009 11:42:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Type: Assassin - melee

Stats
Would be high in health and defense but slightly lacking in offense with somewhat decent mana.

Skills

Totem of Reflexes
1 sec cast
Recharge: 20 secs
Range: Slightly less than totem of revelation
Mana: Med and increasing

Defensive Totem is placed on selected area, and lasts for 10 secs.
Allies in range receive 5%/8%/10%/15% dodge rate and attack 5%/8%/10%/15% faster.

Totem of Durability
1 sec cast
Recharge: 20 secs
Range: same as reflexes
Mana: Med and increasing

Totem of Durability is placed on selected area, and lasts for 10 secs.
Allies in range recieve 10%/15%/20%/25% less dmg from enemy skills and gain +100/200/300/400 armor.

--LVL 15 - Empower Totems - requires both totem skills to be lvl 4.
Totems now last 2 secs longer and you gain 5 energy regen while standing in any of your totems.

Imbue Power
0.5  sec cast
Recharge: 10 secs
Range: Targetting range of heal and shockwave radius of tbs circle of fire.
Mana: med

Target ally (can target self also) is healed for 20%/25%/30% of their max health. A shockwave pulses out of ally interrupting and dealing 500/600/700 dmg to enemies around target.

Haste
0.3 sec cast
Recharge: 18 secs
Mana: Low

For 6 secs, your Movement speed and attack speed is increased by 10%/15%/20%/25%.

--LVL 15 - Shout! - requires lvl 4 haste.
When haste is used, nearby (tbs circle of fire) allies recieve the same effect.

Aggression
Passive

Grants +10/15/20 dmg.
While enchanted with haste you deal an additional 10%/15%/20% dmg.

Survivability
Passive

Grants +10/15/20 health regen.
While enchanted with haste you gain and additional 20%/30%/50% health regen.

Watchful eye
Passive

Increases your vision radius by 6.

Character inspired by lukas' idea of totem of silence

+32 Karma | 17 Replies
September 26, 2009 7:16:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great idea! 

This would be an awesome support demigod

I hope the developers pay attention to this post.

September 26, 2009 5:40:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice idea dude! I like how he branches out from haste and gains most of his effects from it. I can create a story and help work on this guy if u want. Good luck!

September 26, 2009 6:20:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sound realy balanced and fun to play, nice demigod  

September 27, 2009 3:17:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

personly i think its pretty boring. the skills dont rly intrest me

September 27, 2009 7:45:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

15% dodge + 32hp sec + 45% atk speed = You just made Unclean Sedna.

Like Darkw01f said. Although would be nice to have an rescue skill like Imbue Power.

September 27, 2009 8:03:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thx for the positive feedback (even though dark and undead arent so enthusiastic about the concept lol).

morpheas - i hope they see this too lol
unclean - by all means, post the story up. id like to read your story of him
x-raider - im a massive balance freak so i try my best lol.

dark - if i recall correctly, u r an offensive player?
undead - do you think he's OP?

September 27, 2009 10:47:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes Gkrit. Compare it to Oak. You can still balance it with hp/mana/dmg stats but right now feels way too OP. And you skipped most important thing... Check out all skills in actual game. Every hero got something prooly UNIQUE. In your skills I can see only stats increase. Because of so many teamplay skills he must be a general - where minions are? Because of so many stat boost skills he must be assasin..? Check out oryginal DG builds. Assasins (except for TB auras) dont have any support abilities.

September 27, 2009 8:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I beleive i may have a brilliant solution to undead's problem. BTW he is right though. I now realize that he seems to generalized and unfocused. I was thinkin he could summon up these passive but temporary runes on other dgs. Such as like "rune of stone" it gives a demigod massive armor but much slower move speed. He would be a real gaurdian And about the story .... here it is:

Benjamin looked up from his deep sleep. What had happened last night? He had no idea, just the fact that his home was nearly destroyed. Books lay scattered with torn pages littering the floors. Broken furniture lie in ruins all around the room. Water was spilled everywhere. Cracks in the walls and all of his possesions were littered on the floor. How could he have slept through this? Or did he sleep at all? He could have been knocked out. He felt his head for concusions or any bumps. Nothing. So what had truly happened here?

He stepped out of his ravaged home and looked upon the town. Everyone stood out of they're houses puzzled. Clearly he was not alone. Many nights passed after the tradgedy and the town slowly recovered from its recent trauma. But they were not safe... not by a long shot. It happened this time with vandalizem of yards and fences. Words such as "Whore" and "Deadman" had been painted sloppily on the walls. Once again the whole town was puzzled, but this time, angry. Ben began to see a pattern form, so one night he sat inside his living room, with a single barreled musket-rifle. Just as he had waited to do. His front door creaked open. It was an eerie feeling, as if watching death approach. Ben slowly raised his rifle, not sure of what he may find. His heart was pumping faster than it ever had. As the door lay open, the dark figure began to advance. Large heavy boots stepped through his house. The figure began to walk forward, in his direction. Ben gave out a small cough, and the figure stopped turned around and left. The next moring ben saw what he had hoped would never happen.... death.

One person had been murdered in every house, except his. The figure must have thought he would be caught at that moment, and ran. Nights passed and ben began to take measures to ensure saftey of his town. He painted runes of "protection" on the walls that supposedly "warded" an area from what they were designed to. Ben found that his runes had been sucssesful. Nothing had happened to his community. One day he was walking through feilds of corn, replacign worn out runes, when the figure appeared, with a massive silver knife. He chased after ben, and stabbed him in the gut and left. Ben crawled back to town and laided down when he could no longer crawl. He was still too far from his village. He would never make it, and his people would die. He decided he would paint a rune of death, that would take his life if he was wouned, which would make this whole process much faster. When he was finished, something odd happened. He had unknowingly painted over a rune of life. The rune of life was under some loose sand, but its power still reached ben. the two runes battled with they're magic, and an explosion happened. All the runes ben had painted exploded everywhere. When the towns people foudn where ben was, there was only burn outline of where he had lain. Ben had obsorbed his runes, but he still protected the towns people from all threats.

Well there the story is. Hope u guys like it! If not then damnit i tried Well anyways u need any abilites or suggetsions just ask me

September 27, 2009 8:41:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting unDead_hazeLnut,
Yes Gkrit. Compare it to Oak. You can still balance it with hp/mana/dmg stats but right now feels way too OP. And you skipped most important thing... Check out all skills in actual game. Every hero got something prooly UNIQUE. In your skills I can see only stats increase. Because of so many teamplay skills he must be a general - where minions are? Because of so many stat boost skills he must be assasin..? Check out oryginal DG builds. Assasins (except for TB auras) dont have any support abilities.

ill change a few things up a bit, figure-wise. then see wat u think.

but i think a defense char without any minion skills in the skill tree would be nice and have a much more open range to beneficial skills.

September 27, 2009 11:01:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dark - if i recall correctly, u r an offensive player?

no way! im your buddy. not offenseive you have played with me b4..

just stating my mind. probly should have put in some constractive critisisum like unclean and undead.. sry

September 28, 2009 12:35:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol dw. i remember you, but for some reason i thought u were always playing offensive chars.

im not forcing you to like it either, was just trying to find a reason to give myself why you didnt like it  lol

September 28, 2009 1:33:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

aha, i completely misunderstood u lol.

September 29, 2009 8:33:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so what u think about the whole rune thing? And what would his startign stats be?

September 30, 2009 1:54:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sry, forgot to give feedback on story. i liked the 3rd paragraph, with all the rune usage lol. however im still kinda confused about the dark figure and wat that was all about. and also... at the end, did he disappear completely or something? i think im missing something...

September 30, 2009 7:43:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol well like most of my stories they could use a good edit. They are just ideas that pop into my head:) Ill go back and fix it. The dark figure is an ability idea if forgot to post, and maybe u will get who he is after i post both of my ability ideas

Rune of Darkness: 600 mana, 5sec cast time, on death(this stays until death) you will be ressurected instantly, but you will lose control of ur char, during this 60 sec period, u will gain 600 armor 60 atk dmg, 60% more attack speed/mve speed and 60% of your damage will be splash. When u first die no1 gets any money and at the end of duration u will explode dealing 600 aoe dmg. (U will apear as a dark form of the gaurdian) Maybe u got it but it will be clear on the next skill i hope

Time Bender's Rune: Whenever u use a rune, there will be a 1% chance to have ur char teleport back to where u where originally and deal massive 100 aoe dmg, adn stun all targets for 1 sec. After this u will teleport back dealing 200 damage to where u were originally. If u had used rune of darkness recently then u will once again teleport back dealing this time 300 aoe damage and stunning all targets for 3 secs and so on.

If u dont get it then i will tel u who dark figure is:) SPOILER ALERT AHEAD! Anyways heres who that sneaky little asshole dark figure was: It was Benjamin! What does rune of death+life make? Well i thought of rune of darkness, he became that asshole figure but his spirit somehow never died! So evil side goes back in time and ends up doign what the original evil dude did! Anyways i know its random but it sounded kool to me!

September 30, 2009 11:17:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol kool. well i was intending him to be on light side but thats not rlly essential anyway. and now its makes sense lol.

ur rune of darkness i think may be too OP or just to unpredictable. 60 secs is a long time.

you might also have to clarify time benders rune. im not sure if im thinking what your thinking with that one.

September 30, 2009 11:23:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Time benders rune makes u jump back and forth and deal aoe dmg, but u can trash that one if u want:) It works like jump back and forth and deal more and more dmg! Anyways i was hoppin u could check out my fungus lord post and see what u think:)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.