The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Epoch 2: Stat overhaul in the works

By on September 17, 2009 12:00:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Starting with v1.19 of Demigod there won't be a "skirmish" option anymore.  Few people used it. Fewer people liked it. And it had the effect of splitting the MP community.

The focus going forward is going to be on Pantheon and Custom games.

In Epoch 2, custom games weren't really counted for anything since the stat system was still premised on only skirmish and pantheon games.  We are in the process of changing this for the remainder of Epoch 2.  It probably won't be retroactively applied though (except for me - so don't worry about me, I'll be taken care of, I'll just be boarding my plane to planet win but I'll come back for the rest of you...).

The remainder of Epoch 2 on Stardock's end will be to make custom games better.  With the Elemental beta going out, I've asked some of our key developers to take a look at what we can do for Demigod's overlay so that people in custom games can get user data within custom games.

My inclination on what data I would like to see include:

• Games Played (% win)
  • Teammate Familiarity (% played together last 25 games with any player on their side)
  • Player notes. 
On player notes, the idea is to be able to see any notes you've put about that player.  For example, let's say you had a horrible game because someone on your team was griefing or had a really bad connection or what have you.  You would go to the pantheon page, click on that player, and enter notes there.  Then, inside of Demigod, on the connectivity dialog, you could see any notes you've made on that player so that you don't have to remember every player you've played against.
So those are the 3 things Stardock will be working on during the next week (when they'll get into the game depends on QA -- we've had various builds of v1.2 in internal beta for 3 weeks for instance). 

But the point is that we will no longer distinguish the type of game when it comes time to putting data into your Pantheon account.  We'll still have rankings on a per game mode (Pantheon and Custom) but Custom games will be part of your overall account info.

As you will be able to tell, other than the experience rating is still messed up, it's much more complete now than the typical custom game player.  

+912 Karma | 49 Replies
September 17, 2009 12:14:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You're taking my ability to do a Single Player game away?

September 17, 2009 12:20:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CaesarsGhost,

That's just online only.

September 17, 2009 12:22:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CaesarsGhost,

Different Skirmish option.

September 17, 2009 12:25:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

he means skirmish mode in the multiplayer section of the game.

the single player skirmish mode will be un-affected.

September 17, 2009 12:26:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rofl 3 posts

anyways, hope that stats get fixed up soon, this is good news

September 17, 2009 12:30:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds great!

September 17, 2009 1:04:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

(US) Frogboy's test game

Game Version: MAIN.1.19.0184

Interesting

September 17, 2009 1:13:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Games Played (% win)
Teammate Familiarity (% played together last 25 games with any player on their side)
Player notes. 

Visible, in-lobby "Games Played (% win)" data should alone end 95% of the complaints about premades, unbalanced teams, noob stomping, etc. "Teammate Familiarity" info is the icing on the cake.  The "Player notes" option is, well, ingenious. Thanks for the update, Frogboy.

September 17, 2009 1:13:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love the player notes idea.

Also very excited by your posting of replay pics:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/363906

I foresee hours of entertainment ensuing.  Will SD be hosting replays, or will we be going to GameReplays?

September 17, 2009 1:24:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Love this!!!

September 17, 2009 1:27:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gamereplays will be ready for the replays.

If Stardock has some sort of plan to host replays in a fashion similiar to GR then I'll probably just shut the section down, but I don't think Stardock does.

September 17, 2009 1:32:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is very much a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Sho

September 17, 2009 1:37:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i love the idea of player notes. I often find myself playing with someone i enjoy playing with or dislike playing with but can never remember what the reasons are.

September 17, 2009 1:40:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We plan to support GameReplays the site. I love the concept.

September 17, 2009 1:51:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Haven't played the game for a while, but I will be back once 1.2 is complete.

How about the achievements? will those work when 1.2 is released?

September 17, 2009 2:23:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just thought that with replays and a tool like Fraps we could make beautiful ingame movies (with slow-motion action) of interesting matches.

Uploading these to youtube (or getting them on game magazine DVDs) could attract quite a few people who do not own Demigod yet.

September 17, 2009 2:39:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
Just thought that with replays and a tool like Fraps we could make beautiful ingame movies of interesting matches.

Uploading these to youtube (or getting them on game magazine DVDs) could attract quite a few people who do not own Demigod yet.
I don't think videos of matches would be all that alluring for most people, but clips of battles no more than a minute or so long would probably be pretty entertaining for non-DG fans.

September 17, 2009 2:45:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any chance of including a way that I can write notes about myself that other people can read?  I'm not sure how much screen space will be available for notes.  

Maybe put "Your notes about this player." first followed by "Tukulis's notes about himself."

-- Tukulis

September 17, 2009 2:55:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tukulis,
Is there any chance of including a way that I can write notes about myself that other people can read?  I'm not sure how much screen space will be available for notes.  

Maybe put "Your notes about this player." first followed by "Tukulis's notes about himself."

-- Tukulis
That sounds like it overlaps some of the ready to play functionality.

September 17, 2009 3:12:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

That sounds like it overlaps some of the ready to play functionality.

This may be the case.  I'm not all that familiar with it yet.  I'm sure I will be once I start using it.  I'll also make the assumption that not everyone who plays DG will be using Ready to Play.  I'd just love to have people mouse-hover over my name and get a line or two of text... Such as: "Yes, I'm a premade.  I play with X, Y, Z.  Currently learning Oak."

-- Tukulis

September 17, 2009 3:22:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking good, looking good

September 17, 2009 3:38:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How about the achievements? will those work when 1.2 is released?

They work now (as of right now).  Retroactively as far as I know I'm the only one who got it fixed.  So don't worry about me, I'm taken care of.  

September 17, 2009 3:46:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW, I'm pushing to get the changes I mentioend to the overlay in for the end of next week ideally. So this isn't some long off addition.

September 17, 2009 3:56:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks frogboy! This seems very good!

September 17, 2009 4:09:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome work...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.