The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

3v3 DG Tournament Series

First Event Is Saturday October 10th!

By on September 17, 2009 4:59:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DISCLAIMER: The tournament promoter only speaks english, if you want to register / play, make sure you have someone who can speak english on your team, or someone who can translate to english for you when registering etc.

3V3 Demigod Tournament Series

Event #1: FIRST BLOOD!

Hello,

I am happy to announce that I will be running a 3v3 demi god premade league. The first championship will be 4 events, held on consecutive saturdays. This league is open to anyone who would like to play, from any country.

RULES:

1. Play weekly 3v3 premade tourneys on saturdays. First event is on Saturday October 10th. It will be held on Cataract Conquest Mode. Games start at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. All players meet in a designated channel [Channel Tourney] at 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time to register, registration ends at 4:55 PM Eastern Standard Time and first match begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. registration will not be taken down from posts on this forum. To get to a chat channel from within demigod hit "shift + tab" then click on "chat" then when the chat box pops up, type "/channel tourney."

2. The tournament will be run as a double elimination bracket using tieo tournament organizer. I will sort teams by region. So in the beginning east coast U.S. plays east coast U.S. west plays west and then "other" plays other. Other being... not America. Eventually, everyone converges as play continues.

3. Losers go to losers bracket, double elimination style, winners go on.

4. Winners finals and losers finals are best 2 out of 3 matches. Grand finals are best 2/3 for the team coming from winners, and 3/5 for team coming out of losers. in other words it's in your best interest to not lose and stay in winners bracket so you play less games in grand finals increasing your odds of winning.

5. All games are on Cataract.

6. drops, disc, normal demi god error etc. = loss. no ifs ands or buts. Not worth arguing over this crap, the game crashes, it happens, but no money at stake. If you abuse drop hack you are banned.

7. No prizes, no buy ins. This is a substitute for having no ladder to play on.

8. YOU MUST take a screen shot of your win / loss and send to a designated email account ([email protected]). I will double check screen shots by comparing the results with the games listings on the players accounts. Include in the email your team name, players, opposing team, and opossing players, just so everyone is clear. If neither team sends a screen shot, I will get results from DG ladder info, and we all know how that can screw up sometimes - so it's easier if you just make sure to send a screen shot. DO NOT FORGET THIS. IT KEEPS THE SYSTEM HONEST AND LEGIT.

9. I will post resuts in the DG multiplayer forum

10. Capped at 16 teams.

11. Teams have a designated captain, that captain cannot play for another team. If someone decides to quit / not play anymore you can swap a player. perhaps 1-2 swaps over the course of the 4 week period. NO SWAPS DURING A TOURNAMENT, IF YOU ARE SHORT A GUY FOR FINALS YOU EITHER FORFEIT - PLAY WITH AI - OR PLAY MAN DOWN.

12. All demigod's allowed, any form of random is allowed, no doubles / triples , unless it's any form of double / triple random. If a team uses random, and gets a double or triple through use of random, that is ok, that's the risk / reward of going random. MAKE SURE GAME IS SET TO DEFAULT SETTINGS ON CATARACT.

Registration would look like this:

1. Join chat room sometime around 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, but absolutely no later than 4:55 as thats when registration closes.

2. "Hi PlaygroundLegend, I am xxxx captain of team xxxxx, my teammates are xxxx and xxxx. We are from US East / US West / Other and we would like to register"

3. I record your information

4. I generate brackets at 4:55 PM Eastern Standard Time

5. I will update this initial post to include the listings of the teams and rosters after 4:55 PM and before games start.

6. Games start: I say "team xxx plays team xxxx" You go to this forum post, see who the team you are playing is, chat with them in channel, and decide who will host..... I don't care who hosts, as there is no host advantage in this game. Make you games PW protected with something simple and stupid like PW = 111 or something, just so games run smoothly. WHEN YOU START YOUR GAME, MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE CHAT ROOM BY JOINING ANOTHER ROOM, I DON'T CARE WHICH ROOM, JUST ANY ROOM. THAT WAY WE KNOW IF SOMEONE IS IN THE CHAT ROOM AFTER 5 PM THAT THEY ARE WAITING FOR A MATCH AND IF SOMEONE IS NOT IN THE CHAT ROOM WE KNOW THAT THEY ARE STILL IN THEIR GAME. THIS IS IMPORTANT, DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS.

7. Game ends, take screen shot. Email to designated email address ([email protected])

8. Return to channel and wait for your next game. DO NOT GO PLAY ANOTHER GAME. TURN AROUND WILL BE QUICK.

9. If a team is in a game, they are not penalized for being late. If a team is not ready to play when the game is called, after 10 minutes a forfeit is called. I realize some people need to eat or go potty. 2 latenesses of 5+ minutes, but no more than 10 minutes counts against you. Once you are late for a third time of 5+ minutes, but no more than 10 minutes, you forfeit - because you are slowing down everyone's tournament experience.

10. IF THE TOURNAMENT RUNS LONGER THAN EXPECTED (I WILL BE A STRICTLER FOR BEING ON TIME AND KEEPING UP A QUICK PACE OF GAMES) GRAND FINALS CAN BE HELD ON A DIFFERENT DAY WHEN BOTH TEAMS ARE READY TO PLAY. ANYTHING BELOW GRAND FINALS.... SUCK IT UP AND PLAY OR LET THE OTHER TEAM KNOW YOU CAN'T MAKE IT AND YOU WILL BE FORFEITIGN THE MATCH. I REALIZE PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT TIME ZONES WILL BE PLAYING SO IT'S THE BEST WAY FOR THE EVENT TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE.

11. I will be playing in the tournament as well. If I am in a match, you can still reach me via Email ([email protected]) as I will be running the event from my laptop and playing on my desktop. I also have a blackberry cell phone, so emails will go to my phone, and I can shoot off a quick response with who you need to play even though I'm in a game. If you finished your match, and are waiting for a little while and I am not in the chat room, shoot me an email and I will tell you who your next game is against. I do not want to have the chat channel open while I play, but I can take a few seconds during a match to send a quick response with who your next match is against. I am good at multi tasking, no worries

+10 Karma | 45 Replies
September 17, 2009 5:10:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Theres a 3v3 demigod ladder on Esl, and only 6 teams are set there so far (http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/3on3/ladder/).

By the way this sounds interesting, I'll check up if I can find teammates for that.

September 17, 2009 5:14:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ESL is too formal and not a single team is from america, so lag is an issue. I'd rather have something within the community. But way to crush my first thread in the first post. Grats!

September 17, 2009 5:17:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your idea is cool, just wanted to make sure you know about the esl ladder if you really want to lpay 3v3 teams

September 17, 2009 5:20:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be almost impossible for international teams to participates in, especially with the times you've selected.

September 17, 2009 5:22:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is just an idea, not finished. if people say they want it, i will organize it. Changes will be made, obviously. I find it amazing how everyone is so critical when a game from 2009 can't compete with sc or war 3 from 10 years ago ladder system. I'm trying to give the community what the developer won't. If enough people show support, the developer will take notice and see that people really want a ladder system where you can play with your friends, vs other groups of friends and ...... god forbid.... have fun.

September 17, 2009 5:47:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree with saying Cata is the most ... balanced map. It's horribly, horribly imbalanced. It's a total fight for the HP flag the whole game and the Forces of Light are on the Gold side of the HP flag. Not balanced. Best for 3v3 (other options are Crucible, which has even more balance issues, Prison is good but forces very different playstyle/demigod choices that make it less varied gameplay). So, sadly, Cata is the only 'good' choice remaining. But don't be calling it 'balanced'.

September 17, 2009 5:55:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great suggestions so far.... but no one has said if they are interested or not.... which is the point of the thread.

September 17, 2009 6:28:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can't believe so many people posted without reading this:

"It would work something like this (these are hypotheticals as in if not enough people are interested, I won't do it):"

That's the third line after hello. Hypotheticals means that what's written in the post is conditional.

The Title of the thread is "interested in a 3v3 pre league" and the only responses are peoples opinions about why they don't like the idea..... which means they are not interested....... wow

September 17, 2009 6:36:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i suggest trying to get into contact with high ranked players in-game

just add them as a friend and whisper them.

i would definately be interesting in playing with some highly ranked players, but unfortunately im from australia so im not normally given a chance.

September 17, 2009 6:50:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

me and my buddy diceareevil created a chat room. prosauce. it was intended for our buddy lists and their buddys to join in order to arrange 3v3 pre games.... after a few days it turned into "hey lets go pwn some noobs" or a place for people to idle. But direct your friends to this thread and checkout the channel. I was able to get a few good pre's out of it against top 10 players

September 17, 2009 8:57:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I could probably convince my team to play in something like this.  Just a tip though: if you're going to promote something like this, try and be as neutral in your tone as possible.  Bringing up the pug-premade hostility is probably not a good thing to do if you're trying to attract premade teams to your event.  Additionally calling possible entrants douche bags is probably not going to help the cause. 

-- Tukulis

September 17, 2009 5:48:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tukulis,
I could probably convince my team to play in something like this.  Just a tip though: if you're going to promote something like this, try and be as neutral in your tone as possible.  Bringing up the pug-premade hostility is probably not a good thing to do if you're trying to attract premade teams to your event.  Additionally calling possible entrants douche bags is probably not going to help the cause. 

-- Tukulis

Reason for the tone is that if you read what I said, and got offended by it, then I dont want you in it (not referring to you of course). Just saying if you stack vs pugs and took offense to teh D bag comment... well... you're a dbag.

September 17, 2009 9:24:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My problem with the idea isn't that it's flawed, it's rather that it's implementation would need a very high level of organisation spread across geographical locations that wasn't mentioned or hinted at in the original post.

One unoffical league for the entire population wouldn't work - issues such as language and latency would prevent this from taking off. What's needed is a multi-regional League seperated by international locations. For example, one unoffical league for North America, one for Australia and New Zealand, one for the eatern parts of Europe and one for the Western parts of Europe. The problem then is, of course, if this 'league' is so heavily dividied amongst a population as small as the Demigod community, what purpose does it serve?

September 17, 2009 9:42:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I understand. Perhaps, lets assume I just run a US league, or a US tourney. if it goes well, and a competent foreign player wants to run a australian or european branch, and they get my permission, absolutey.... baby steps. Basically, I want anything cept for pug smashes... speaking of which I just got back from the bar, time to host some pug smashs. Not that I go out of my way to do this, but pre's join my game, see who we are, then leave. I do have a 3v3 that I play with, but the third is busy most of the tiime, so it's me and my 2nd, and whoever the hell joins our third spot, and we play top pre's and win. Then the losers get salty and never want to play again. My last few games against pre's ended some peoples 60+ win streaks.

September 18, 2009 8:40:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea!

Me and my friend are talking about the exact same thing with a "3v3cata tornament", with normal rules not those strange ESL rules. I will join if you make this happen!

The bad part is the time coming from an EU country, that might stop me from joining

September 18, 2009 10:35:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What time of day would be good for an EU team?

September 18, 2009 11:02:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

somewhere between 2PM -> 6PM (according to my list of games). This correspond to 8PM -> 00 for me in france

September 18, 2009 12:03:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That sounds fine as long as others agree to it. Also, what do you guys think about this as far as discs go. If you take a screen shot at disc screen and your team disc, instead of losing if levels, war score, k/d ratio flag captures and proximity to cit / destroyed towers are highly in your favor, as long as you have screen shot you could possibly win, I gues I'd determine who would in fact win. This applies to games that go to the 20-25 minute mark at least. This way if you disc as you are hitting their cit and you have an advantage the disc would count as a win instead of a loss for you. If the match is even, or too hard to tell, and your team discs, it's just a loss. What do you guys think?

September 18, 2009 12:06:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

disc = loss, no exceptions.

Yes one exception > if both team agree : replay the match.

September 18, 2009 12:06:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, if this does well, and we continue after the 4 week test period, placement during the first 4 week tourneys count towards placement in other events later... meaning if you start playing these after the 4 week tourney series is over, you have 0 points, and if you won you would be classified as having the most points. As any bracket system works, lowest points plays highest points first - in order to eliminate weaker teams faster. So it's in your best interest to play in the first 4, get seeded, then continue on with more tourneys down the road.

September 18, 2009 12:07:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ese-aSH,
disc = loss, no exceptions.

Yes one exception > if both team agree : replay the match.

That was my original idea, but how can you tell if your disc is legit and not forced by someone on the other team? Otherwise some team can win just by disc'ing as you hit their cit. otherwise, yes I'd just stick to the original plan of a disc = loss regardless.

Only problem with a replay is that it would slow down the entire tournament, so that's out of the question. I guess it's either a loss regardless, or perhaps kick around the idea that if you disc as you are hitting their cit its still a win.... you guys decide. The league is for the players. Let me know.

September 18, 2009 1:12:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great idea.  I'd love to participate.

September 19, 2009 5:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So like..... 4 people? thats not enough. thats not enough for a single 3v3 match.

September 20, 2009 7:58:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm 3ppl

me and my premade

September 21, 2009 5:38:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm down with this but I suck. My mate is better. Still that's two people who can do Saturday. If you can't get enough interest, maybe a 2v2 tourney? I read the disclaimer, but everyone else is arguing your unchangeable rules so I had to join in.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.