The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod ranking mystery solved?

By on September 6, 2009 9:08:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Know all those people with a 4-1 record that sit at the top of the Demigod list and keep going up and up in rankings?  I'm talking about the screen for individual demigod rankings.  This post is about that phenomenon.

As many of you may know, I play pretty much entirely custom matches.  One day for the heck of it I played a couple of Pantheon matches.  I'd been doing pretty good on the Erebus rankings page... Like #18 or so.  But I was one of those people with like 2-1 record.  The next day when I looked up my Erebus ranking, I was still #18, but my record had updated to like 63-3.  This number seems to be about correct for my custom wins with Erebus.

So it seems what the individual demigod ladders are doing is updating the experience from ANY game played, but only updating the win/loss columns when a Pantheon (or maybe skirmish) game is played.  To test this, I played a Pantheon game with Queen of Thorns and the same thing happened, with my rankings updating from like... 1-1 or whatever to a more realistic 40-1.

So... Just thought I'd share.  All those people with low game totals probably play mostly Custom matches and don't play Pantheon anymore, hence the odd looking stats.

-- Tukulis

Edit: Reported under the Problem Reports part of the forum as post https://forums.demigodthegame.com/363144

0 Karma | 8 Replies
September 6, 2009 2:17:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting...

September 6, 2009 2:32:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds weird. What I know no update has been released to fix it. It isn't really logical that something just fixes itself, at least not computers. Well they shouldn't...

September 6, 2009 6:06:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 Neato i just checked my stats aswell and it seems to have updated. What an oddball bug.

September 6, 2009 8:10:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice work Tukulis, be sure to forward this information on to Stardock please to have the stats system corrected.

September 6, 2009 8:28:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shouldn't take more than oh, 2 or 3 months to get corrected now that you've provided the specifics of the bug.

*ducks* the thread lock hammer.

September 6, 2009 10:33:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump for attention.

September 7, 2009 4:30:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

apperantly i am rank 1 in the forces of light

September 7, 2009 5:11:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice find. Best to make a problem report.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.