Fences Update - Sept. 1

By on September 1, 2009 11:47:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+755

There was an issue with the beta appearing to expire earlier than expected.  There is an update on both Impulse and the download page that corrects this issue.

http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/downloads.asp

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 1, 2009 12:06:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks, i was wondering how long i had slept when i booted my computer this morning

September 1, 2009 12:55:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ToJKa,
Thanks, i was wondering how long i had slept when i booted my computer this morning
<-- yawn!

September 1, 2009 1:00:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maybe touching the verges of off-topic, but is there any spec of what the final pro version will include? i've a few ideas of what could be coming but i don't know where to look.

September 1, 2009 1:13:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Will fences remain free for basic and charge for pro?

September 1, 2009 1:57:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

did you check the Fences page?

Get it!

Fences v0.99 Community-Preview Beta - FREE
Use the download button to get your copy of Fences.
(Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is a pre-requisite for installation.)
This release is a beta / community preview, and will expire on November 1, 2009.
Fences is free and will remain free ; we hope to have a Pro version with even more features available later this year.

September 1, 2009 2:46:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

1. When execute the update it wants to uninstall the current version. Will I loose my current settings if I proceed?

2. Where are the current settings stored? I'd like to back them up.

Thanks

September 1, 2009 3:03:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

maybe touching the verges of off-topic, but is there any spec of what the final pro version will include? i've a few ideas of what could be coming but i don't know where to look.

http://islanddog.impulsedriven.net/article/361940/First_Look_at_Fences_Pro

September 1, 2009 4:37:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

w00t!

thanks ID, Auto fencing are the exact words i wanted to hear

September 1, 2009 4:41:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Thanks Island Dog! I have the Object Desktop Ultimate, and Impulse updated Fences, but still gave reminder after every reboot (there was few Windows updates as well), but your link (1st post) fixed that annoying "reminder", etc. After installation, it opened impulse, and impulse still showed that yellow icon - "updates available"... got impulse installer error and suddenly yellow icon was gone, and impulse asked to reboot. Now everything works perfectly... So i think that the reason for extra "errors" was, because Windows updates + Impulse update + Fence update. lol
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.