Hey Frogboy! Tournament idea that might not cost money but will be exciting to the community

By on August 30, 2009 4:55:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

From the end of August dev journal, I've gathered that we can expect some new favor items in the future.  Any way we could have a tournament and a player/team on the winning side of the tournament would get a favor item named after them? I doubt too many of us have our names in video games we love.  I think it would be a pretty cool idea (and if desired, a nice little marketing idea... you know many other games that have ANYTHING like that available to their players?  Don't think I've ever seen such a thing). 

If I was planning the event, I'd do it exactly like this:  Announce in advance a pantheon tournament... depending on on the side that won, X favor item would be added.. if light wins, the community gets this... if dark, this.  Make the tournament week long and make some dev journals about it (and participate in it yourself, talking about why you'd like x item, etc).  THEN, have a team tournament to decide the name of the favor item.  If X team wins, then either a team name gets that favor named after them or the team puts forward an individual to have the item named after. 

To me, this sounds like a pretty easy win that will make the wait before the new Dgs go live all the faster.  What do YOU think? 

You have my brain on standby to pump some life into the community. 

Locked Post 12 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 30, 2009 5:47:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+1 for this idea!

August 30, 2009 5:57:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very cool idea

August 30, 2009 6:23:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea!

But I can't help but laugh at the idea that it might end up something like "--XxLeGoLaSvAdEr18207xX--".

August 30, 2009 7:30:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov you're a mad genius...

August 30, 2009 7:45:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"ShakeNBake Stick - burns 20% of the enemy demigod's mana and converts to damage, 45s cooldown"

August 30, 2009 8:30:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tastey

August 30, 2009 11:51:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the idea but it's still too early for this. The game needs some more patches.

August 30, 2009 12:59:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also think we need some more patching.

August 30, 2009 1:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

great idea

August 30, 2009 1:09:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pseudomelon,
Good idea!

But I can't help but laugh at the idea that it might end up something like "--XxLeGoLaSvAdEr18207xX--".

hehe... yeah... perhaps the winning player/team can simply name the new item (which would have to be approved by the devs/pubs to rule out rediculous or inappropriate names). 

August 30, 2009 3:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wicked idea!

tho the # of players on the teams may be unbalanced if the items are between a super cool one and a not-so-great one

September 1, 2009 10:06:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bumppppppppp

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.