The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Premades

By on August 30, 2009 3:00:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I play in a premade group, its kind of funny we all go oak since we're all the charcters from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and oak is a turtle (But that only happened once, we're mostly our strongest characters) . But the rest of the community can't seem to handle this, any time we join or even make a game where we state that we're a premade or where its obvious that we're a premade, people complain and moan.

This is getting ridiculous, its almost getting to the point where we can't play with other people. They see us in all our premade glory and they bitch and moan and say premades suck and learn how to play and every offensive comment in the book. All we want to do is play a game and yes we're a premade so we would like to play against other premades as well.

All I'm saying is that this game is a team game and therefore should be played by teams, and if you're gonna bitch and moan about that then either find friends or play another game. You're annoying and you probably suck anyways (and if you don't then get a team and stop bitching).

Do the words GO SUCK AN EGG hold any meaning fo ya?

0 Karma | 31 Replies
August 30, 2009 3:09:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm (obviously) one of Leonardo's friends, and i just wanted to add some context. He and the rest of my team are a "premade" that play everything from Supreme Commander to Left 4 Dead, and interestingly enough, this game's community is the ONLY one where playing with friends, as a team, together, as the game was meant to be played, means you can't get any games. And its plain and simple becoming unbearable. Host a game that says you're premade, and no one joins.

Host and try and cover up that fact and you might get some games, but people also check your stats and refuse to play if they get even the slightest suspicion you're working together in any way. Tonight we've been trying to get a game for a solid 2 hours, and we got one, and it was agaisnt people who were too new to the game to even know we were "premade" or indoctrinated by the community into thinking teamwork is a bad thing.

So thats pretty much it. We've tried everything. Even other premades won't play us. Props to the DS guys for kicking us from their game twice so they could play random nubs. GGs all around.

I guess this is just useless ranting, because i'm not sure how to fix this. A team automatch function would be lovely, but the biggest problem is that this game's community is HORRIBLE. I've said it sicne day one. I can't think of another game i've played where the community was so paranoid, unsporting, unfriendly, unhelpful, and generally unlikable. And it means we literally can no longer play the game.

I won't be playing the game as a random pubber either, because without teamwork this game isn't any fun. I'd much rather go play any of the hundreds of other fine games out there where the community doesn't shun you for working as a team with people you enjoy playing games with.

Good job Demigod community, one less premade to contend with.

August 30, 2009 3:14:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys. I play in a premade alot myself and we would be happy o play ya'll. We can work game times and such in here if ya like or feel free to pm me.

Keep a look out for games with [Cl_T] or [CT] in the title.

August 30, 2009 7:41:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

basically because you have voice chat with each other, a bunch of randoms does not stand a chance because they cannot communicate as effectively to organise ganks or call in backup etc.

+ most randoms don't even listen when u do ask them to do something.

your only bet is to play other premades really, but because the community is so small, finding a team in your time zone is gonna take even longer than getting randoms to join a custom with "premade" in the title.

August 30, 2009 7:41:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Will... i totally agree... this game is 10x more enjoyable once you get a group of friends to play with. I play alot of games with Panda_shield in my room... and then i'll get an odd friend here or there. However, i get alot of regulars in my room so i dont think they mind and I dont mind them joining my team or taking suggestions.

Personally i am more pissed off with the elitist punks who come into my room and tell me they wont play with the noob on thier team, fine, leave... i play with noobs on my team all the time. Hell alot of times since i rehost my room i'll play with that noob multiple times on my team and guess what, a funny thing happens, they start to do better!

Now im not saying i dont get frustrated with a new player when i go up against a stacked team, but hey they were better than you that game, big deal.

I've tried pugging good premades, like pacovs (god what a nightmare ^^), and its almost always a loss but i go in there expecting a difficult game. I've had some top premades play against me and my friend, we lost, thats alright you win some you lose some... are you getting the point poeple, you dont always win them all.

I would suggest people join some rooms, make some friends, practice together, and then challenge the premades its good fun.

Please, just enjoy the game its not about stats.

August 30, 2009 7:56:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be less of an issue if the randomized matchmaking Pantheon worked better and/or had more players.  That way people who want to play against balanced random teams could do so, and others could play in their regular teams in the custom game area.

BTW if you've never seen such an elitist, obnoxious group of paranoid whiners, you must not have played DoTA

August 30, 2009 9:39:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you must not have played DoTA

Just digressing, and i'm not sure about others, but i had never even heard of Dota until the DG beta.

I don't think i missed anthing.

September 4, 2009 1:14:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All I'm saying is that this game is a team game and therefore should be played by teams, and if you're gonna bitch and moan about that then either find friends or play another game. You're annoying and you probably suck anyways (and if you don't then get a team and stop bitching).

Do the words GO SUCK AN EGG hold any meaning fo ya?

you sound no better with your own complaining, moaning, using offensive words and behaving in a annoying manner. i dont feel sorry for you.

September 4, 2009 2:02:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you sound no better with your own complaining, moaning, using offensive words and behaving in a annoying manner. i dont feel sorry for you.

Oh but your the epitome of class? Calling Frogboy a little %^&* doesnt count?

September 4, 2009 2:36:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, that's pretty lame of the DS guys, I joined a game with 4 of them the other day, and they refused to split into 2 and 2 and then bitched when everone left and they couldn't get a game.  They said they weren't pug stomping but sounds like they pretty much were...

If you've got 4 of you together consider 2v2 out of your premade and another 2 randoms on each side.

If you're making games with "premade" in the title, then people shouldn't be bitching at you, but if you can't get players who want to play against a pre-made, then trying to trick people into getting stomped by you is also pretty lame.

One thing I DO agree with you on is that the community in game and on forums has some pretty harsh members and is not a friendly place.  If you've got a thick skin though there's also plenty of good people around, just remember the good ones and try to organise a way to keep in contact with them I use steam or x-fire, impulse is pretty umm, undeveloped, as a community tool

September 4, 2009 12:48:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe, i laughed at first when i saw this post...then i came to thinking, man, i actually do feel bad for you, but if you really want to be able to actually play, instead waiting in a lobby for hours on end, then instead of making a thread about how annoying and rude the community is(which i believe is a pretty rude thing to say regardless of how true it is ^^), maybe you should make a thread about looking into playing other premade teams, i mean, what is the diff. between waiting in the lobby and waiting in the thread waiting for a team to accept, i mean, above, you already have one person kind enough to offer to play you, i mean, just change the thread name to something like, "My premade vs. your Premade?" or something to that effect...

(And being a "pugger" isn't as bad as it seems!)

Just thinking...And good luck with finding people, I really love this game, and would hate to lose some of the good players in the community!

EDIT: When the hell did Oak become a damned turtle!?!

September 4, 2009 1:01:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Put something like <60% win ratio/premade in the title. Sometimes when I'm wanting a challenge (I'm decent but not stunningly good, but better than most pugs) I'll join a game like that. I have lost to, and won against several premades. I don't understand why people refuse to play any premade ever -- just because you know the other people doesn't make you all pros.

That said, probably the biggest reason I wouldn't want to face a premade team in something like a 3v3 is the worry that I'll get a noobtastic teammate who feeds. If you make sure both sides have people who aren't noobs, it should be a decent game; I just don't know how you go about convincing people of this...

September 4, 2009 2:29:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, and honestly, I would join a game as a pug knowing it was premade, If i suspect a team of being premade, I will ask, but not leave...I just want to know what I am up against, and to know it will be challenging! ^^

September 5, 2009 1:30:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Legolan,
That said, probably the biggest reason I wouldn't want to face a premade team in something like a 3v3 is the worry that I'll get a noobtastic teammate who feeds. If you make sure both sides have people who aren't noobs, it should be a decent game; I just don't know how you go about convincing people of this...

^This.  The game just really needs visible in-game stats so that everyone knows what's up in the lobby without having to ask or be suspicious.  If everyone in a game has similar W-L stats, then I don't think that it much matters if one side is premade.  I think that the lack of information about stats in the lobby just cripples the game and divides the community.

September 5, 2009 5:32:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,

Quoting Legolan,
reply 11

^This.  The game just really needs visible in-game stats so that everyone knows what's up in the lobby without having to ask or be suspicious.  If everyone in a game has similar W-L stats, then I don't think that it much matters if one side is premade.  I think that the lack of information about stats in the lobby just cripples the game and divides the community.

Precisely. I have started checking everyone's stats, and I can normally call the winning team. But more importantly, if you don't check stats, then with a premade you know no one sucks too badly. You don't know that for a pug team. I think a lot more people would be ok with facing prems if they could be certain that their team mates aren't completely new.

September 6, 2009 4:57:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When my teammates aren't on, I'll go online and I'm willing to play against premades on my own, with randoms.  But when I check stats and one of them is an obvious nub and a feeder, I'm not going to play against the premade with them on my team.  And for some reason the premades typically don't want to kick the feeder so I end up leaving.  And sometimes I play against premades and have my teammates tell me what a horrible horrible player I am

September 6, 2009 3:15:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have to alt tab to check stats and make fair teams.

Alt tabbing caused tons of random crashing for me and the people I played with.

Balancing a game = Mostly no game, because host crashed out checking 3rd person on their team.

Even if there were stats in the lobby this community would still cry about premades though, playing with people you know is a crime.

September 6, 2009 6:12:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I run in windowed mode, and never crash by checking stats, which I just do in the next monitor.  It's not that hard.

September 7, 2009 1:05:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even if there were stats in the lobby this community would still cry about premades though, playing with people you know is a crime.

This I think is not right...  The crime is unbalanced teams, not playing with people you know

September 11, 2009 11:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This community is a joke.  We moved over here from L4d and world in conflict.  After about a week, people were already bitching about us being premade.  What the hell is wrong with you guys?   What is so hard about adding people to friends?  This is quite possibly the most anti-social community I've ever seen.  "Hey, you don't suck, how about we play together some time?"

What the hell are we to do?  Just not play together because you all are too busy whining to find people to play with?  We 'love' getting beat, in that we always learn something from it.  With that being said, it's damn hard to get a pre vs pre in my experience.  Usually when we ask, we get told 'no, we're not going to make room for your friends even though we are a pre (in so many words.'  Or whatever excuse they can come up with.  Are we just not to play with friends because you people can't make any?  There is no match making system that facilitates finding pre vs pre (the term premade is a joke in and of itself).  I've never been part of a game where people playing with friends is 'special' and deserving of scorn from the rest of the community.  If we put premade in the title, nobody joins the damn game.  I paid 40 bucks for this, I'm not going to sit on my ass in the lobby for 40 minutes waiting until someone is brave enough to play.   At this point we've only had the game a month.  People still beat us regularly.  Even randoms.  It is welcome, but there needs to be more of it.  Problem is, at the first sign that a team knows eachother, everyone else runs, even most of the "good" players.  You don't want to play premades "good" players, because you just want to bash noobs, and that makes it tough for you, because someone actually knows how to stop your health stacking erebus ass...

You want to fix the premade problem?  It doesn't lie with the premades.  It lies with the rest of the community.  Some of you play hundreds of games, and still haven't found a few people you can work well with...?  What the hell.  Stop bitching at us for enjoying the company of the same people night after night.  Either that, or give us another way.  Because what I will not do, is sit there and not play.  News flash, IT'S A TEAM BASED GAME.  GET A DAMN 'TEAM' EVEN IF SAID TEAM is just some people from your friends list who don't suck.  We'll even let you use our damn vent server provided you aren't a big douche bag...

The other day, pcg_norman and friends jumped into our lobby.  They beat us 64 minutes later.  It was a loss, but it was hard fought and awesome.  It was fantastic practice for us.  They asked us what rank we were.  I'm not sure what that means.  I don't think they believed that was really our first profile.

September 11, 2009 1:22:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@dumpweed

As TheTrav suggested in the post just above yours, the argument is not really about premade teams (although sometimes it seems that way).  The issue is more about people being able to play on balanced teams and being assured that they are playing against similarly experienced players.  It's a problem of access to information more than anything else.  If this game had visible, in-game win-loss stats, that would quiet 95% of the griping regarding premade teams.  I think that this information should be readily accessible within the lobby, without a person having to exit the game and look it up online (which causes my game to crash).

I absolutely agree that friends should be able to play a game like this together, though I do take exception to the assumption that all players need to make "friends" online and form premade teams.  I personally like to just get online and play with random folks; I am not committed to any video game enough to have a schedule for playing or friends lined up for gaming.  I'm just too old and too casual for that!   

So, my point is that much of the bashing of premades has to do with the fact that the lack of in-game stats makes people extremely suspicious regarding who they are playing against.  It's a problem that should not be there and should be addressed quickly by GPG/Stardock.  In some instances, this lack of information has been abused by some experienced premades, who noob-stump by falsely advertising "noobs only" games or by joining such games.  This kind of deception, of course, makes the casual, random player even more suspicious and critical of premades.  Hopefully, in-game stats will be added before long so that all of the suspicion that clouds a game can be immediately cleared up in the lobby where everyone's win-loss stats are displayed.  In the meantime, try not to take the criticism of premades personally.  Again, the core problem is the lack of information, not the issue of teamplay.

September 12, 2009 9:25:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its resonable for PUGs to not want to play a premade. Take a dose of your own medicine and seek out other premades to fight

September 13, 2009 3:35:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hyrim,
Its resonable for PUGs to not want to play a premade. Take a dose of your own medicine and seek out other premades to fight

If you were actually paying attention to the arguements of some...THEY ARE.  For f's sake can you people not read.  If they don't want to play against pre-mades (Stupid Term) then DON'T.  Just leave the lobby.  If you want to get better stop dodging and play good people.  <----This includes premades.  Stop hiding and play.  I agree with you that not wanting to play "premades" is reasonable, but it is stupid.  It is just plain stupid and whiney.  Just play the f game.  Get good.  Kkthxbyenow.

September 13, 2009 4:10:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I direct this message at both sides of the argument.

September 13, 2009 4:55:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hyrim,

I guess you cannot or will not read?

September 13, 2009 5:17:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why are guys getting so upset with Hyrims post? He has a valid point especially if he is responding to the original post. Premades should seek out other premade.

And im someone who doesnt care if premades join my rooms or im in a premade joining rooms.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.