The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Help on Favor Points!!!!!

By on August 29, 2009 12:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quasar51

Join Date 05/2009

Help!!! Whenever I quit the game I lose all my favor points! Right now i only have 1230 favor points.

So i might play 3 games and get maybe 200 favor points/game. But when I close Demigod i go back to 1230 fvpt. and lose all the items i bought  I heard that you are supposed to keep all the items you get from game to game but i lose all my stuff when I quit. On my achievement list right after a game it shows the ones i got but some of the ones you get over time like win 250 and do 5 million damage with mines ( I play as Regulus) are totally grayed out and dont have a bar. IS THIS HOW FAVOR POINTS WORK??? PLZ HELP!!!

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 29, 2009 12:45:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's an old bug that I thought was fixed for everyone. Contact [email protected] and perhaps they can look at your account and see if anything is wrong with it.

August 29, 2009 12:53:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It has seemed to me that you only get to keep the favor points that you are awarded for achievements.  I don't get to keep any of the favor points that I get from the battle itself, unless I'm playing single player.

Hope that answered the question.

August 29, 2009 1:11:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

From your stats (http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/search/player/Quasar51), it doesn't look like you are playing games online, so I don't think this is the old issue.  You can edit the file that controls how many favor points you have.  This only works for single player mode (FYI).  The file you need to edit is called game.prefs and typically can be found C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod (subtitute YOURUSERNAME for your actual username).  If you can't find the directory, just do a search for game.prefs.  Open the file with notepad and search for Points =.  Change the number following points to 10000.  Now, you should have 10000 to buy whatever you want.  I'd email [email protected] and hopefully they can help solve the problem. 

August 29, 2009 1:57:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks so much for the help. I got demigod a couple days after its release but it was so buggy I stopped playing for a bit(still had the bug where the map kept turning by itself) and I haven't tried out online ( I know pathetic me). I'm running the newest version. I just created an account today to post so my profile is at 0. Again thanks every1.

August 29, 2009 7:18:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rofl I never knew you could do that to give you infinite single player favor points.

I always just used to play vs AI in a custom game because I have everything unlocked on that pretty much, and I haven't played single player since the favor point reset

August 30, 2009 12:55:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When I was last pissign around in single player, I found that if I bought a favor item, I'd lose the favor item at the end of the game, but wouldn't get my favor points back.  So I just started doing custom games vs AI like the above poster.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: