The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor Item: Pewter Rook

By on August 28, 2009 4:33:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In a couple threads in the general forum, Neilo and Chowdown joked that the pewter Rook figurine that comes with the collector's edition provides +800 Health and -35% to ability cooldowns.

While those exact stats might be a bit overkill (as it's essentiall a supercharged Staff of Renewal with tons of extra HP instead of fringe benefits to HP and MP), why not actually have this as an item?

It could be a favor item, perhaps with stats that would be beneficial to Rook.

For example:

+500 Armor
+300 Health
+40% Mana Per Second
-15% to ability cooldowns

Make it cost something like twenty thousand favor points, and auto-unlock it for everyone who's registered a collector's edition because they have the real thing and because they're still waiting for that MyColors desktop theme.

+5 Karma | 7 Replies
August 28, 2009 5:38:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

.. everyone can get 20000.. and that will give you advantage only to the people who are good. so it will make the difference between pros and noobs much bigger.. consider 24 hours more man

August 28, 2009 8:19:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree with the favor point system the same way I disagree with CoD's levelup system: in a multiplayer-centric game, it puts a new player at a disadvantage, as if he didn't have one already by being new.

August 28, 2009 9:50:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL...awesome!

How about dropping that mana somewhat though, maybe about 20% per second. It would be great to see that as part of a Hero specific favor item screen. An item or two that are only for the specific heroes might be an interesting concept.

This of course would be a Rook specific item.

August 29, 2009 12:05:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It should also turn him silver.

August 29, 2009 4:12:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

omg pseudo...u didnt paint ur pewter rook ????  mine is black now with red eyes golden turrets

August 29, 2009 7:38:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I...umm...Didn't buy the collector's edition. Simply didn't have the money

Err, I mean, of course I painted it! I made mine transform into Rainbow Rook. People look at him funny, but I know they're just jealous.

August 30, 2009 8:51:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is true about the broken system, but there is no great alternative.

it simply rewards good players for playing well, and whil it increases the gab between noob/pro, it doesn't have many other options.

i'd like to hear ur alternatives to it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.