The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod and League of Legends

By on August 26, 2009 3:24:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well i know this has been brought up and I know that you might have heard it before but I just got accepted to beta test this game (LoL) and well all that stuff about LoL being the Demigod killer is well.... crap.  Its a remake so far from what I can tell of DoTA but with a little better graphics and a few different ideas thrown in.  Demigod is on a whole different level and is such a different game that you really cant compare the 2.  So for all the people out who would like to try to compare they are as has been said very very different games and each im sure will have a great fan base.

Also if you want to flame me for even bringing this up so be it but these games are different and cant ever be compared.

0 Karma | 90 Replies
August 26, 2009 3:28:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

True

August 26, 2009 3:32:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find that I enjoy Demigod even more because of my expirences with LoL.

August 26, 2009 3:55:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In my opinion there is no reason why you cant play both.

Now for example Im taking a bit of a break from Demigod, waiting for the new demigods to be released and I spend some more time to play LoL. They are different games though and as such I see no reason why you couldnt play both

August 26, 2009 4:02:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ive never played Dota, and from what i have seen of LoL and and HoN, i won't ever play those either.

They might have more heroes than DG, but they look like crap, compared to DG.

You may get flamed by the dota/lol fanboys Shaky, but you wouldn't be the first and wont be the last.

August 26, 2009 4:17:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only play HoN because of my connection issues with Demigod

August 26, 2009 4:37:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have all three, and Demigod is easily my favourite thus far.
While LoL & HoN refine the DotA (TCG) concept, they are literally trying to reproduce DotA and do what has already been done in hopes of achieving the same level of success and make some money, where DotA didn't try to cash in. The fact that Demigod is the only one to produce different maps from the classic DotA map should be ringing alarm bells for most people.
If DotA was, and is, your perfect game than LoL and HoN have some appeal - however if you're that much in love with DotA you'd probably be better off sticking with DotA as neither game really offer something new, only something different.

Having said all that, I have to agree with Sevenix, I see no reason why all three can't co-exist along side DotA. Demigod is different enough that it is it's own beast and can stand proud, while LoL and HoN are living under DotA's shadow so much so due to their replication rather than offering their own take on the model that I really have to question their intention. Hopefully the full release will see additional maps that really allow each game to show it's stuff. As it stands right now, I can't see the point in having LoL or HoN; they're just too similar for me.

August 26, 2009 5:32:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HoN and LoL are both just a joke.

None of them will be a demigod-killer. Demigod is so much different from them.

I think the graphic designer of LoL is Barbie on heavy drugs. Playing this may cause "Augenkrebs".

August 26, 2009 6:22:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HoN and LoL are both just a joke. None of them will be a demigod-killer.

here is why they are not a joke to a large majority of people:

i just logged into HoN and the amount of people online was 8271, the amount of lobbies open was 112

then just checked http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp for demigod and the amount of people online was 1657, the amount of lobbies open at that time was 5.

August 26, 2009 6:49:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lately i preordered HoN and now i play all 3 of them: Demigod, HoN and LoL. For months since release Demigod was the best for me but now HoN is as good as Demigod. HoN is really well done game (though on the beggining it can be very frustrating). Even at this stage (beta) it has so much features which i would love to see in demigod (for example reconnecting to game, that you disconnected because of crash/internet problems, amount of heroes and many others).

My ratings would be:

Demigod = 5/5

HoN = 5/5

LoL = 4/5

August 26, 2009 6:50:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

HoN and LoL are both just a joke. None of them will be a demigod-killer.

here is why they are not a joke to a large majority of people:

i just logged into HoN and the amount of people online was 8271, the amount of lobbies open was 112

then just checked http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp for demigod and the amount of people online was 1657, the amount of lobbies open at that time was 5.

I really like HoN, and I have never played dota. LoL seemed ok to me but not as good as HoN (at least right now). Honestly haven't considered playing Demigod since.

August 26, 2009 7:08:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

imo hon is shit..... demigod is teh bomb compared to it

August 26, 2009 7:13:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
imo hon is shit..... demigod is teh bomb compared to it

Let me know when you graduate from training wheels.

August 26, 2009 7:41:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Look at these xfire stats:

Demigod hours played: 615 (Rank #182)

HoN hours played: 10674 (Rank #16, and it's still just a beta...)

HoN is definately great game, but is quite difficult on the beggining (player un-friendly i would say) and has ver bad community (in general). But Once you get to know a little more of the game it starts to be very, very enjoyable and you want to play more and more

August 26, 2009 7:45:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HoN players online (closed beta): 15,000

Demigod players online (peak time): 2,000

August 26, 2009 9:15:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tkossak,
Look at these xfire stats:

Demigod hours played: 615 (Rank #182)

HoN hours played: 10674 (Rank #16, and it's still just a beta...)

HoN is definately great game, but is quite difficult on the beggining (player un-friendly i would say) and has ver bad community (in general). But Once you get to know a little more of the game it starts to be very, very enjoyable and you want to play more and more

Ehh bnetas are played much more than games oyu have to pay for... For example Battleforge beta

August 26, 2009 9:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

right, we will see hours played after the release. I hope both games will succeed in long term.

August 26, 2009 10:34:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got an invite into LoL, have played HoN for a month and had demigod since a bit after release. I'd say Demigod and HoN are great games but Hon is far easier to get a game. LoL is an alright game but it has a terrible UI, the patcher is painful and there is no point comparing it to dota because it is far simpler game. I hope lol improves alot before it is released.

August 26, 2009 11:26:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The best part of LoL is the matchmaking system.  It's really worth playing *just* for that.  You can play with a buddy and auto-match into a 5v5 team, it puts you and your friend on the same team.  It's just really fast to get a game going with almost no effort (10-30 seconds average for me in 5v5).

I also like that it doesn't show your opponent's characters until your team has chosen theirs.

August 26, 2009 12:25:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Bier_Kanonier,
None of them will be a demigod-killer.

I don't think they need to be, Demigod may have prematurely killed itself.

August 26, 2009 3:12:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think they need to be, Demigod may have prematurely killed itself.

How you mean that?

August 26, 2009 4:52:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Massive connection issues when it came out meant it didn't establish the player base it ought to have, and the extra demigods that where supposed to come out "by release or soon after" have... well, apparently just been started. Obviously by this point you can't call Demigod "dead", but if it came out flawlessly it would be much, much more popular than it is now.

On the flipside, they still haven't abandoned it, which is good. The new demigods are a start, but modding, spesifically custom maps will really be the boost this game needs. At it's heart, Demigod really is a good game, and if it gets proper love over the next year or two, it could be one of the long-standing games that have continued popularity, like Unreal Turnement 2004 and Team Fortress 2; two games I've been quite a fan of, and have largely stood on their modability and continued updates.

August 26, 2009 5:39:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have been playing LoL since yesterday and here is what I LIKE about it over DG:

1. I have had 0 connection issues.  When DG started I could never connect to people, although it is BETTER now.
  2. Each time I searched for a game I was able to start playing in less than 3 minutes, not once has this been untrue (including searching for a game, choosing all of the things you need and the game loading).  When playing DG it takes me on average I would say 5-15 minutes to get into a game.  When you are someone like me who doesn't have a ton of time, that is a big advantage.
  3. No pathing issues so far in LoL.  I don't know what the heck the problem is, but in DG I get pathing problems ALL THE TIME.  So many times the DG gets caught on an edge and just stands there, lunging, trying so hard to move but can't.
  4. The pace of the game seems much faster, personally I like this.
  5. Tons more characters to choose from.
  6. If DotA was an example of how content will be released then we will see lots of updates, as it is the updates for DG have been very minimal (basically they have just been fixing bugs and adding things that should have been there in the first place like random, etc.)
  7. Items, LoL has a lot, DG doesn't have very many
Here is what I like about DG over LoL:
  1. The flag system is unique
  2. The skill trees allow for far more build scenarios
To be honest I really want DG to my MOBA of choice, but it just seems like the content is going to come at a snails pace and the other games will have far more to offer.

August 26, 2009 6:34:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure how much weight my opinion carries since I only played the demo. However after playing it for a couple of days I changed my intend to buy this game to "leave it for what it is". A lack of players and game design issues aside, the demo was horribly buggy - it seem to crash and desync every other game. Games seem to go forward at a crawl, if there was one person with a somewhat slow / bad connection the game began to stutter and sometimes even hung. I have a lot of sympathy for Stardock, but I felt they (including GPG) dropped the ball on this one, leaving the field wide open to HoN or LoL.

August 26, 2009 7:36:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And none of these points take into consideration HoN is one of the most open 'closed' betas of all time and as such is free for the time being.

August 26, 2009 9:28:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And none of these points take into consideration HoN is one of the most open 'closed' betas of all time and as such is free for the time being.

thats an irrelevant point.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.