The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How do I get my money back?

By on August 21, 2009 1:48:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

amykantha

Join Date 08/2009

I just want to return the game and get reimbursed.  I play lots of online games and have no problem at all.  This one seems fun, but I'm on fiber in S. Korea and get kicked out of every game I join because in the lobby I'll hit 200 or so ping, but then during the game it goes up to 3-400.  I expected this because sometimes in WoW or other online games my ping will get that high, but in this game it drastically affects other players.  My ping when I do speedtest.com is 168 when connecting from Korea to California, like 400 connecting to Austrailia (huh?) and a beautiful 23 when connecting to Seoul.

There are very few games going at a time (5-15 I've seen) and none of them are for Asia, some are for Austrailia which seems like it'd be better than the US, but it's worse.

Anyways, I'd like my money back because I had no idea that $50 would be spent being kicked out of games.  It sucks and maybe you shouldn't sell games in a country where it can't be used.  I've never played an online game where my connection made everyone else's game experience unplayable. 

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 21, 2009 2:42:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Toss an email to [email protected].

August 21, 2009 2:58:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That really, really sucks. By all means, contact [email protected] if you're unable to fix the issue.

August 21, 2009 3:19:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try Evening- Night time.  Look for Kevinabcd1988 Games.  He usually host most of asian games.  Its is really sad that not much asian-based people are playing the game.  

August 21, 2009 3:32:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll send that email, and in the meantime look for that player.  After trolling around on the website and forums a little more, it appears that the game is not currently available for normal purchase in other countries...I got mine from the AAFES (Army/AirForce Exchange Service), which is like the mall on military posts for military folks.  I'm here on military orders, so I guess that's why not many Asians are playing.

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

September 6, 2009 8:37:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just an update - after trying to play for another week, I sent the email requesting refund after not being able to complete even one online match.  Here's what I've recieved back:

Hello,

The wording of your e-mail is too vague to give you proper support. To better assist you, please reply and include the following information:

-The name of the product that is giving you trouble (and the method you had used to install this -- standalone installer, Stardock Central or Impulse)
-A short description of your problem, including any error messages you receive.
-When the problem occurs (what you're doing when the problem happens).
-What steps (if any) you have already taken to rectify the issues.
-Any e-mail addresses you may have accounts under (other that the one you sent the e-mail from)

Please complete responses to the above inquiries and respond to this e-mail so that we may assist you further.

I've linked to both this post and the notice of refund located at https://forums.demigodthegame.com/350858/page/2/#2217566  Hopefully I'll receive a response soon. 

September 10, 2009 6:14:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try [email protected] for a refund and explain your situation along with a link to this post.  Hope you get your refund soon and sorry DG isn't working out for you!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: