The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

INVALID GAMESTATE WTF!!!!!

By on August 18, 2009 11:04:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tperge

Join Date 05/2009
+4

As of late, I have been getting alot of invalid gamestate message boxes in game.  It only happens when im on the winning team, and were are about to win.  It tends to coincide with someone leaveing the game too.

This error ruinins the game, and makes it not record stats.  Obiously people are causing just to piss off the winnin side/avoid a loss. 

I have had this happen for about 80% of the games I should have won this past week, probably 10 or so. 

This is bullshit and needs to be resolved.

Locked Post 67 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 18, 2009 12:57:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have also encountered this but only when the game begins or, as you, when the somewone quits. Does not appear often though.....it IS strange however.

August 18, 2009 1:14:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is another post about this, and yes it sucks allot, im starting to supspect it can be forced, since its a nice way to not make a game count.

And yes, it always happens when people get uterly whiped by us.

Its the new D/c, i guess.

Had it happen to me the last two games we were winning yesterday, so disapointing..

August 18, 2009 1:20:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who were you playing against when it happened?

August 18, 2009 1:39:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I forgot the names (wasn't too bothered by, I only remembered when I saw this thread). Apparently the game was not even recorded. Maybe the OP can remember it. Thanks for the quick response though .

August 18, 2009 5:04:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Invalid Gamestate error is the desync error message. There is no point to continue playing a desynced game as every player is now playing a seperate version of the game. So SD decided to make a message pop up once a game becomes unplayable and to end the unplayable game.

I'm worried that it might be able to be forced as well. Not sure how, who, or when but I believe I've heard of few people talking about this happening.

August 18, 2009 7:08:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok I think I know who did it. Look here.  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/876532/player/43878/   Dark-Fantom1 was a jerk durring the game, and he is the only one recoreded with a win.  All others losses. 

From that it appears the person I suspected is the one who caused it. 

I assume the asterics * next to peoples names means they quit, or dropped? 

The more interesting thing is that it is not an N/A game but a loss for all except for one person.

August 18, 2009 8:55:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

to tperge

i dont think thats right becouse i had a invalid gamestate error recently and i checked and it wasent recorded.

August 18, 2009 9:34:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My bro had one and it's not in his games list.  His team was quite close to winning.  Might be hard to figure out who's using it (assuming some type of hack or something) since there's no list of the players in the game or replay.

August 18, 2009 10:24:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i was in the game with tperge when this happened and it did record win for phantom only it also happened to me in the following game same situation opposing team was losing and just as we headed to the citadel it poped up and ended game

this needs to be stopped to ensure this games integrity or there is no reasons for ranking to exist to many peaple are team stacking and pulling this crap ro beleave them as it is

August 18, 2009 11:04:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DarkW01f,
to tperge

i dont think thats right becouse i had a invalid gamestate error recently and i checked and it wasent recorded.

Oddly that is the only record I can find of a game with invalid gamestate for me.  All of the other appear to not "exist" in the records.  Not sure why.

August 19, 2009 12:12:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had this happen twice today .. we were winning both times...

August 19, 2009 3:13:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed it only happens when my team is winning too. So far it has happened twice.

August 19, 2009 3:32:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My idea to deal with desync (from Critical Game State topic):

Idea to GPG: Well there's easy way to deal with desync.

Just make new desync variable, set it as default to 0 and when someone desync (all others receive bad packets from him) increase it by 1. When it reaches 10, that person will be kicked and replaced by AI, so all others can finish the game, result will save, person who was causing desync will be outside the game and all will be happy (well... maybe except kicked person)

August 25, 2009 8:01:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Last couple of days everytime I am winning a game, someone on the opposite team rages ( like this: OMFG YOU NOOBS ARE BAD F*CK YOU, and so on) leaves the game and leaves us with invalid gamestate right after that, this happened like 6 times in 2 days. This MUST be an exploit, correct me if I'm wrong. And this happened AGAIN a few minutes ago, the guy was named: Anezt1

August 25, 2009 9:40:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I've had this error about 5 times over the past two weeks.  I suspect that it can be purposefully caused by a player.  In at least a couple of cases, my team was winning; at other times, it seems to happen early in a game. One time when the error box popped up, someone on the other team sent a message saying something like "desync hack, hehe."  Since these games don't usually get recorded, I can't recall who the players were.  Anyway, I hope that this gets fixed. 

August 28, 2009 4:27:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just had this happen agian moments ago.  Someone else had mentionhed that it seems to happen when it says "the forces of XXXX control the map".    Sure enough, a second after that is said, invalid gamestate.  Im ym case it was the forces of light controll the map.  wonder if it can be replicated? if that is a bug.

August 28, 2009 4:50:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happened to me too recently, I think it's caused intentionally.

GPG, please look into this.

Just ask here if someone knows how to do it, I'm sure one of the more experienced players can tell you.

August 29, 2009 5:50:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A player named Lightwaves just screwed our game with this...

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/910097/player/29952/

He farmed 150 points from us... WTF is this ?

FIX this crap please..

September 2, 2009 1:55:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a lot of problems with a player named SPOKUHA.

Please fix this problem!

September 5, 2009 1:59:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Happened again today, intentional..to avoid a loss Drish did this somehow...

September 6, 2009 1:26:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RayMan74,
I had a lot of problems with a player named SPOKUHA.

Please fix this problem!

Hmmm...  That is curious.  Not to point any fingers, but as of today he's played 197 games with 102 disconnects.

September 6, 2009 4:03:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is happening more and more. Twice today, and as always coincidentally only on games where the tide had turned in our teams favour. I can't see the benefit of people doing it. It is so frustrating that they'll just drive away players, good and bad, old and new and then they'll have a high ranking in a game no one plays. Well done...?!

September 11, 2009 11:18:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've only had it happen when we're winning and someone on the other team leaves.

September 11, 2009 10:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's been happening to me lately. Just started a game, the player on my team Reg gets killed, leaves the game and we get the Desync error.

Jorune

September 12, 2009 5:29:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had 3 of these last night from people rage quitting. pathetic....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time: