The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Impulse spams me with messages

By on August 7, 2009 12:27:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Since yesterday I keep getting the same messages over and over. I started demigod yesterday and there were at least 10 messages of friends, so I clicked on them, but they keep coming back and I now have the "new message" symbols on the right side all the time.

Please help this is freakin annoying.

0 Karma | 19 Replies
August 7, 2009 2:26:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm experiencing the same thing

The funny thing is blood_rush is not even in my friend's list. When I check the ladder ranking, his name doesn't even show up. And When I click the message, it contains nothing besides "loading chat history" . ????

August 7, 2009 3:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been getting something like this for the past 3-4 days or so.  I'd get an old message that some sent.  And they'd all pop up at the same time.  For me, it hasn't been consistently occurring though. 

August 7, 2009 3:46:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same here.

August 7, 2009 3:57:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have this problem as well as everyone else I talked too.

August 7, 2009 4:45:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes I am getting them as well!!! kind of annoying, I close it, but it comes right back?

August 7, 2009 6:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can confirm this too. There are only two of them but it is kind of annoying.

August 7, 2009 7:41:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At least I'm not the only one with this problem, i get 3 messages that keep coming back....

please someone fix this.

August 7, 2009 7:42:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Confirmed, sometimes I get old messages too.

August 8, 2009 2:34:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't had this occur at all today.

August 8, 2009 2:59:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been getting them from just one person.

August 8, 2009 10:43:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

More bad news: if you try to send a new message to the players whos PM alerts pop up all the time, they wont recieve a message. And they won't be able to send you one either! Tested this with Spooky a few minutes ago. And the messages I sent were from yesterday, so it's not a delay or something.

August 8, 2009 11:11:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Problem doesnt seem to solve itself, messages are still there :-/

Apparently nobody cares...

August 8, 2009 11:31:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The bug was reported Friday afternoon. I wouldn't expect any replies from SD until Monday. They have worked through enough weekends after the release.

Btw, I had the demo installed for a few days to help a friend fix his connection issues. Uninstalling the demo didn't solve the problem.

There seems to be a second bug with the friends list, more info here (2nd part of the post):

http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?p=638913#638913

August 9, 2009 10:07:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the bug report. We are looking into this problem but do not expect a fix until at least tomorrow or possibly later.

August 10, 2009 7:12:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for looking into it T-Man.

Btw, even the most desperate of measures, removing somebody from your friends list, will not stop the spam either. Hope that helps somehow.

October 3, 2009 6:40:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just started having the same problem a day or two ago.  I constantly get notifications popping up from a player who is not on my friends list (never was).  If I double-click and open the window, there is nothing there, it just says "loading chat history..." (nothing ever comes up).  Is there a way to make this stop?  My hope is I am overlooking something simple.  It's annoying!  Thanks.

October 3, 2009 6:44:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always have a notification on the side from my last nick I used. It never goes away...annoying.

October 3, 2009 6:45:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It has started happening again.

October 3, 2009 6:51:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Edit 10/31/2009:  I'm still having this 'phantom message' popup on the side of my screen.  It doesn't seem to want to go away, and I'm starting to get tired of looking at this players name on my screen the entire time I play the game.  Are there any tricks to get rid of this?

At least I'm not the only one.  Misery loves company I guess, hehe.  Hopefully this will raise some awareness to Support.  Please fix!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.