The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Host a game if you want one, your connection doesn't need to be good to host!

By on August 4, 2009 10:37:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just something i wish that was more widely advertised. I go into custom games and see very few games listed. But as soon as someone makes a game, it gets flooded with people. Obviously, people are waiting to get in games, but not wanting to make one.

Please, HOST A GAME!!

Demigod does not utilise the normal "someone hosts with a good connection" kind of model.

Demigods p2p connectivity means that it doesnt matter who the host is for the lobby.

Sure, if you have limited upload you might not be able to play 3v3 4v4 or 5v5, but that is not a lobby problem, thats an in game problem.

So feel free to host some games, if you are waiting to play!!

Discussion?

Any chance of an official word if a hosts connection influences the quality of the game?

+5 Karma | 3 Replies
August 4, 2009 10:45:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Host connection influences the game as much as everyone else, as you menitioned due to dg p2p nature.

August 4, 2009 10:58:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, i understand it would influence. But only as much as it would influence the game if they were joining, not hosting?

August 5, 2009 2:23:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes. Which means that if any one person has a bad connection, it's gonna kill it for everyone.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.