Mod - Science fiction reimagining

By on July 31, 2009 6:32:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PistoleerPe...

Join Date 04/2009
+3

hey everyone, 

this is my first post, been following people's posts on here for a little while. really great ideas. Just wanted to see if any one was looking to do big mods of demigod with the news of the SDK being released. It got me pretty excited, right now including myself have about 8 people interested in doing some big changes. something we are talking about is changing the theme to a scifi setting, and probably not making all new demigods but changing the existing ones models, animation and effects. we have two concept artists in, Myself and two others are Modelers/texture artists. we have a rigger, a VFX artist and an animator. When the sdk is out, probably have more of my friends in.

I really like the designs of all the demigods, but I do want to see some really cool mechanical guys. I think alot of people on here feel the same way.  

So, Is anyone else planning on doing some big changes?

Locked Post 68 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 31, 2009 7:47:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shit me, I love you.  Please do this.

My hope has always been that stardock/gpg would release a scifi themed expansion pack.  This may be just as good, but free.

July 31, 2009 7:57:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im certain TheScottishAlien is interested in making maps, check out his ideas here:

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/359543

July 31, 2009 10:40:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow. that is an amazing idea!

August 1, 2009 12:48:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,
im certain TheScottishAlien is interested in making maps, check out his ideas here:

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/359543

yes, yes i am.    i'm very very excited for the SDK and can't wait to see how much work will be involved in this. 

@Petrol if ur ever interested in bouncing ideas of are looking for a little help (though it sound slike u already have a full team behind you there) let me know

August 1, 2009 1:14:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed =] Make it awesome =D

August 1, 2009 8:42:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i liking the concept. I'd like to be able to mod, but i wouldnt no where to start 

August 1, 2009 2:11:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trigeminal - thanks, yeah i really want to see some big mech tearing it up.

StAcK3D_ActR - thanks for stopping by

RowSkin - thanks dude

TheScottishAlien - Once we get things ironed out with ideas and when the sdk is finally out, I would love to get you involved,I really enjoy all your map ideas, and you have so many.

Defective - we will try, hopefully the sdk is nice, make it easier

gkrit - thanks dude, if you want to get into it, i'd say get max or maya ( i am sure u can find a free version, somewhere )  and just start doing tutorials, you would be surprised how quickly you will pick it up. i'd say start with modelling, easiest to get into.

so an update with what we have come up with, we are going to have two factions (not necesarrily good and evil) of alien races. each faction has two mech themed characters and two organic themed characters. when the two new demigods comeout we will for sure incorporate them in. liek a said before we are really jsut focussing on changing the style for now, new models new maps, complete overhaul. btu as we get familiar with the sdk we will start making all new demigods, so any suggestions for alien/mech chars you would like to possibly see post 'em here or post a link to your own thread. Today we will be fleshing out the characters more, and be handing that off to two of the concept people. one of the ideas we are throwing around for a level is a a planet thats been ripped apart, maybe by a meteor or a enemy attack. and the chunk that you are playing on is floating in space, with the planet in the background.

August 1, 2009 3:28:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey whusup fellas, Im one of the guys working on this as well, I really like the maps by the way scottishalien, pretty awesome. Just wanted to see if I can get some more people excited showing you guys my portfolio and Pistoleers. We have really good people willing to work on this project and I think it can be super cool .

Here is mine:

http://www.felixj3d.com/

And here is Pistoleers:

http://coreyj3d.com/

We have some kick ass concept artist and were working on finding someone that can write us a good story. But for now we just need Demigod ideas, good ones before we start these drawings. Soon enough we will post our ideas but please feel free to post your own and we will intergrate whatever we think fits. COOLIO? Looking forward to seeing what you guys suggest.

August 2, 2009 1:55:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ive actually got a couple of drawn up concepts id like to see in the game pistoleer, its a form changing one and goes more in the alien/organic category. if u rlly wanna see em , ill scan em up and send it to your email.

August 2, 2009 5:59:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, both of you guys have amazing stuff.  I am really excited to see what you can do with the sdk. 

I hope modding takes off and we see sales continue, so there is cash for a expansion were gpg overhuals the p2p connection (we can all dream).

Either way, the game runs greeat for me and QUALITY content you guys can clearly add, will keep me playing this for years to come.

August 2, 2009 7:22:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit - sounds cool dude, i would love to take a look. you can email it to archibaldo1986@gmail.com

Trigeminal- thanks dude, yeah we really want to expand on all the great stuff that gpg has put out.

so an update on some of our ideas.

the two sides(these names are for sure going to change). so there is the Alliance and the Grand Union

on the alliance: Astronaut(TB)- master of wormhole tech    Alien Titan(oak)- cool armor, Katar for weapon maybe?

Interdimensional traveller(LE)- probably the highest tech looking one     Mech(reg)- cool mech with a very big gun. 

just a quick look at the alliance side. names are going to change for sure. I will write up a more in depth description of these dudes and the GU side late tonight. probably around midnight. also we are going to start throwing stuff to the concept people mid this week. so depending on their schedules should start to see some stuff soon. and if u get any ideas you really like we would probably like them, so post 'em up. 

thanks again for everyone stopping by.

August 3, 2009 7:31:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ideas sounding good so far ...

ill try scan and email my concepts as soon as possible.

August 3, 2009 8:59:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i sent u an email. just respond here or there to say that u got it so i no.

August 3, 2009 9:57:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow that's some awesome work there! Myself and a friend were looking into replacing most of the models with gundam themed units and mobile suits once the mod support came out.

August 3, 2009 12:41:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit -hey dude got the concept, good stuff. I will show it to the rest of the team tonight, see if they feel it fits in with our plans.

regabond -thanks dude, we joked about doing a transformers mod for a little bit. Gundam woul dbe a cool one.

didn't get to post stuff last night so here it is. the Grand Union line up is as follows:

Mech(rook) - Mobile weapons platform, relies completely on heavy cannons and missile batteries. Biped, low tech look.we thought about maybe making him a floating fortress instead of two legs. but we will probably go with biped.

squid face/cthulu thing(ub) - this one could really be anything. going to let the concept artists figure the out what this guy will be.

Amorphous Blob(qot) - two modes like qot. when closed AB is fully mech, using seismic attacks. four legs or tank treads. when open Ab reveals its true form, a writhing bio mass with no discernable shape. in this form AB uses its tentacles in the same way that qot thorns does. its minions will be similar bio mass and robotics mixed.

Shambling hive(sed) - an alien race who specialized in nanotechnology and who became the unfortunate victim of a hive of parasitic aliens. these parasites would normally kill there host within days. but using their hosts knowledge of nanotechnology the hive was able to sustain its health indefinitely. the hive's minions will be massive mellee fighters who have fallen under the parasites influence .

well that is the GU line up as of now, as i said before names and ideas are subject to change alot over the concepting phase. I will be posting some back story stuff today at lunch(1:00ish) and probably some more info on the alliance guys and gal.

August 4, 2009 12:29:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PistoleerPetrol

sounds good, could u share the pics/concepts with us?

August 4, 2009 3:44:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kool kool ... yeh give us sneak peak to a few of em lol.

August 4, 2009 11:33:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be great to get ability tree for the characters as well.

Can I just say that the Astronaut(TB) should have a laser rifle (ala startrek).

August 4, 2009 12:15:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well if you're going to go for a sci-fi theme, I guess you're also going to change the models of the grunt units as well to something else.

I think it'd be great to have a larger variety of grunt units.  Perhaps more upgrades to towers and such instead of just defense and attack?  Perhaps add upgrades for rockets?

August 4, 2009 1:11:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

StAcK3D_ActR & gkrit- haha if i had them i would show you some stuff, hopefully very soon we will have some concepts. the concept artists all have full time jobs so its a matter of them finding a little bit of extra time in their day. but liek a said, soon.

Trigeminal- the ability trees will come a little bit after we get concept that we all agree on. since the way they will ultimately look will definitely effect what we name abilities and how those abilities look in game. And the astronaut just might get a badass laser rifle, we are still considering what all he will have.

omnipot3ntx- thats a great topic to bring up since we haven't really touched on it. the grunts will for sure be different, and we are talking about making them look unique between the two sides, this might just be texture differences or different models all together. and we would love to make all new ones. yeah it would be cool to make more upgrades to the towers, or at least add a visual way to represent that the tower has been upgraded, and that can be as you said adding rockets to their attack or changing the color of their projectile. we have only discussed towers a little bit at this point so we are unsure what there base attack will look like, Towers of light will probably still shoot some kind of laser and the arrow towers will most likely be rocket towers, or maybe grenade launchers.

If you guys have any more thoughts on the towers or what you would like the grunts to look like post your ideas. thanks again guys for your comments and interest.

August 4, 2009 1:32:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love the idea of new grunts, but think that is fairly low on priorities for now. 

I would like two towers types, the arrow towers could be converted to short missle launchers.  Think a traditional SAM site from other rts game.  That to me sounds really cool.  The larger tower of lights should definately be laser towers.  Not ure how thy should look though.

August 4, 2009 2:54:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll keep watching this for sure...

August 4, 2009 2:57:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Umm actually it doesn't make sense to change the towers of light to laser towers. As laser towers are known for attacking a single target with high precision and not dealing some crazy splash damage. In this case I would make the towers of light into rocket towers or plasma launchers or something that makes sense to have AoE.

The archer towers on the other hand could easily pass as laser towers since they deal no splash. Or they could be cool minigun towers.

August 4, 2009 9:13:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if that bug idea doesnt fit wat u want ... maybe it can go as a minion? Although it would be mad if it fits with ur demigod criteria.

dont feel obliged though to use it (which u prob dont feel anyway lol). but they r there as ideas.

August 4, 2009 10:46:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh, here is idea for minions:

Robot theme for Light side

Insect theme for Dark side

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.