The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Little bitty pieces

By on July 31, 2009 10:41:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image Did people think they’d have to wait until the August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

So instead, GPG and Stardock have decided to release the updates as they are completed.

Internally, we’re doing testing and work on Replays and Rematches. Rematches are where your game ends and you just want to play again without all the fuss.  Replays are where you can go back and look at the game you just played.  This first update is also designed to fix a LUA decompression bug that is causing some people to get instability when playing online. Plus, it fixes (I hope) the lingering issue with stat tracking. Plus it fixes an exploit issue with Erebus.

With the demo out, I am hopeful we’ll see this in the next week or so. No promises of course. There’s always the unexpected but that’s what’s happening internally right now.

+912 Karma | 102 Replies
July 31, 2009 4:08:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If we're all going to post bugs...

• Host disconnections reported as a win for the host and a loss for all other players.
  • Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth). (Link)
  • Torch Bearer does not auto-attack while moving when in Fire mode.
  • Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war. (Link)
  • If Circle of Fire is recast before a previous one expires, the second expires when the first does. (Link)
  • Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly. (Link)
  • Queen of Thorns changes targets without being told while auto-attacking. (Link)
  • Match ending while dead results in "wind" effect persisting until game is closed. (Link)
  • Shamblers do not move into correct melee range when ordered to attack towers. (Link)
  • Demigods do not resume auto-attack immediately or change targets after using an ability. (Link)
  • Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start. (Link)
  • Erebus can commit suicide by drinking own Poison Blood potion. (Link)
  • HP values permanently decrease below initial levels after capturing then losing Valor flag. (Link)
  • Dropping then picking up +MP items with less MP left than they grant gives free MP. (Link)
  • Level 3 Priest Minions have incorrect maximum heal % with Healing Wind buff. (Link)
  • Pantheon queue reports "you are the only player in queue" regardless of actual queue count.
  • /noAI switch does not prevent AI matchups.
  • General minions can be parked inside buildings while attacking them. (Link)
  • General minions gain effects of any equipped minion buff items upon spawn (without using it) (Link)

None of those links work, but they're all in here https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359551

That Demigod looks really cool 

July 31, 2009 4:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome news and maybe with these little bitty pieces some of the easier to manage bugs and exploits might be able to be taken care of at a faster rate. Extra content is wonderful but annoying fixes to current bugs are essential.

July 31, 2009 4:54:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,

Torch Bearer does not auto-attack while moving when in Fire mode. (If not intentional)
Erebus can commit suicide by drinking own Poison Blood potion. (Link)
Level 3 Priest Minions have incorrect maximum heal % with Healing Wind buff. (Link)
HP values permanently decrease below initial levels after capturing then losing Valor flag. (Link)
General minions can be parked inside buildings while attacking them. (Link)
General minions gain effects of any equipped minion buff items upon spawn (without using it) (Link)

These are the ones that should be prioritized to be dealt with, either they're easy to fix, are harming gameplay, or need to be called a feature so people stop whining about it.

July 31, 2009 5:10:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy -

Did a random teams option make it into any of the bits of 1.2 being released?

July 31, 2009 6:07:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good .

PS: On the picture: An stylized maze might look better than the knife on the right, IMHO.

July 31, 2009 6:19:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PLZ...no...more...CONSTANT...in...game...CRASHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 31, 2009 6:26:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

So instead, GPG and Stardock have decided to release the updates as they are completed.

Brilliant!

July 31, 2009 7:16:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Sedna healing wind II + Level 3 priest typo is probably on the top of the list for my fixes, and it's literally 2 characters to fix.

July 31, 2009 7:39:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,

Host disconnections reported as a win for the host and a loss for all other players.
Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth). (Link)
Torch Bearer does not auto-attack while moving when in Fire mode.
Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war. (Link)
If Circle of Fire is recast before a previous one expires, the second expires when the first does. (Link)
Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly. (Link)
Queen of Thorns changes targets without being told while auto-attacking. (Link)
Match ending while dead results in "wind" effect persisting until game is closed. (Link)
Shamblers do not move into correct melee range when ordered to attack towers. (Link)
Demigods do not resume auto-attack immediately or change targets after using an ability. (Link)
Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start. (Link)
Erebus can commit suicide by drinking own Poison Blood potion. (Link)
HP values permanently decrease below initial levels after capturing then losing Valor flag. (Link)
Dropping then picking up +MP items with less MP left than they grant gives free MP. (Link)
Level 3 Priest Minions have incorrect maximum heal % with Healing Wind buff. (Link)
Pantheon queue reports "you are the only player in queue" regardless of actual queue count.
/noAI switch does not prevent AI matchups.
General minions can be parked inside buildings while attacking them. (Link)
General minions gain effects of any equipped minion buff items upon spawn (without using it) (Link)

None of those links work, but they're all in here https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359551

That Demigod looks really cool 

Here is a bug fix for you :

In order to get your links to work, please edit and remove "reply/edit/" from your shortcuts link locations.

July 31, 2009 7:50:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the look of the new DG, reminds me of an alien from Alien from that angle. That being said he looks like another dark melee character which could be good if it makes it so you don't see UB quite so much.

July 31, 2009 7:51:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh also if that thing is female don't forget again to put the bow on it like you did with UB.

July 31, 2009 10:38:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looking forward to the updates! I'm glad to hear they will be released as they are done, makes so much more sense  than waiting ages for a big one.

August 1, 2009 5:37:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Istari,

Could you guys fix the Sedna healing wind II/high priest bug while you're at it?  It's literally a one character change in the LUA file

Could you describe this bug in more detail?

There are like 20 topics about this bug.

We even have an answer how to FIX this bug from the 17th of July (thx to Woppin) !! Check this out:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359398/page/1/#2305388

August 1, 2009 12:24:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359551

The above link contains a list of all the bugs that are currently known by Stardock/GPG. (Scroll down to "Known Unresolved Issues")

Go check it out, and stop posting about bugs they are already aware of.

p.s. LOL @ Isatari: "Could you describe this bug in more detail?"

August 2, 2009 6:11:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right now I feel like a very happy camper. The Lizard / Alien seems like a nice concept for a new Demigod too.

August 2, 2009 7:40:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[Trolling]

August 2, 2009 8:00:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maxxy stop trolling...  and please stfu or gtfo

yes we know that it some scetches were already made before Demigod was released.  Big deal? Its not a  copy paste... they are just making the dg's that dint make in in the full version, does that make them less worthy??

Also p2p has nothing to do with your percieved laggy games or connection issues... I 've only had one connection issue and that was on my part.

August 2, 2009 8:18:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[trolling]

August 2, 2009 11:46:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What are you trying to accomplish, maxxy?

August 2, 2009 11:56:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're a senseless idiot. Is that ok?

If you read the forums that well, you'll see that you'll get 2 demigods for nothing, and extra may cost money. Let me repeat that, FOR FREE. FREEEEEEEE. Only some artwork is done on them, and only Oculus has some scripting smartass. There heaps of concept art in games, many works wont make the final production.  Concept art is only around 10-20% of the work. Frankly I find it rather paranoia of you to think that they intentionally stalled the development of several demigods so they could milk the fanbase... why would they even include this artwork in the game? Also I can assure you they lost more sales if they did that to people not buying due to too few DG's.

On top of it all you insult me as fanboy, because I don't agree with your hypocrite comments.

No I live in EU. And I don't get crashes lags and so forth(although some lobby crashes, but I assume this is the lua bug). I suggest you educate yourself, because there is NO difference between USA or EU. Playing only with your region makes no difference to playing over the pond.

The real reason imho, is that 5vs5 is not played a lot if also that people don't have the CPU's to play them and the 5vs5 maps are not that good... especially brothers, it needs a total rework since rightnow it feels like Im playing two seperate games. 

August 2, 2009 11:57:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is Maxxy still doing here, anyway, if he hates the game so much?

Any other person would have just left the game alone/gotten a refund and left it at that. Does he seriously think people like Frogboy will read his posts, listen to his whining, and think: "This seems like a valid point, must do something about that." No, it makes you look like a spoilt brat, and ruins your credibility forever.

I, for one, (though slightly worried by the wording of Istari's comment), am pleased we are regularly updated with this sort of information. Whatever's happening, you can't say they aren't trying.

August 2, 2009 4:32:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think some people here have reading comprehension issues. If the mods wouldn't have editted my posts (but leaving a username like Hitler_Adolf, is ok, right? I guess racism is allowed on these forums) you would've understood several issues:

1. I haven't played the game since I started playing HoN. Neither am I anxiously waiting for the 2 Demigods. I have moved on.
  2. As a purchaser of the game, I am allowed to express my disappointment with the actions taken by GPG. I don't need to suck up to SD/GPG in every post that I make. Maybe SD/GPG need a PR department that will eat up all the flak for the company members that read these forums.
  3. Regarding network/connection issues, there are still plenty. I can't play DG with people from the USA from my country. I don't have your same routing, lifekatana. I am well educated, thanks.
  4. I am not here for credibility. Neither have I said that I HATE THE GAME. On the contrary, I said this is a great game but it can't be played. Lag issues, uneducated players who try to run this game on a pentium 3, crashes and so forth. They are too frequent and too annoying.
  5. Last (and least), I am not here to change anything. I am here to express my opinion. I haven't used curse words or dirty language, yet I am the one who is moderated. Unlike the other posters who have used curses when addressing me. Thanks mods.

@kajexdraw: Regarding updates, you should check out other games like HoN which gets lots of updates and feedback from the S2 team. Stardock didn't invent it. Just FYI.

Last shout out to the mods, you can edit this post, remove my posting privileges or whatever you feel like. All my posts are worded without curses or slanders and if this customer's opinion hurts your emotions then go ahead. It is a shame that someone over the net gets his opinions neutered at a whim's notice. But hey, this ain't no Democracy here.

August 2, 2009 4:44:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't played the game since I started playing HoN.

Neutrality?

August 2, 2009 4:44:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but leaving a username like Hitler_Adolf, is ok, right?

An excellent point. 

August 2, 2009 5:35:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maxxy, it is true that you are "allowed to express [your] disappointment". You can talk all you want; no one is inclined to listen. Feel free to make your own website and publish your thoughts there.

Also, you should look up the term net neutrality; it doesn't mean what you think it means.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.