The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Little bitty pieces

By on July 31, 2009 10:41:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image Did people think they’d have to wait until the August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

So instead, GPG and Stardock have decided to release the updates as they are completed.

Internally, we’re doing testing and work on Replays and Rematches. Rematches are where your game ends and you just want to play again without all the fuss.  Replays are where you can go back and look at the game you just played.  This first update is also designed to fix a LUA decompression bug that is causing some people to get instability when playing online. Plus, it fixes (I hope) the lingering issue with stat tracking. Plus it fixes an exploit issue with Erebus.

With the demo out, I am hopeful we’ll see this in the next week or so. No promises of course. There’s always the unexpected but that’s what’s happening internally right now.

+912 Karma | 102 Replies
July 31, 2009 10:48:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot!!!

July 31, 2009 10:52:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could you guys fix the Sedna healing wind II/high priest bug while you're at it?  It's literally a one character change in the LUA files .

July 31, 2009 10:58:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good news frog.

Does Rematch send you back to the the game lobby, but still allow new people to enter from the main lobby? 

This is needed as it will be unlikely that everyone will stay for rematches in all but ideal situations.

July 31, 2009 11:04:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any chance that with the new demigods we will get new maps?

Please tell me they will be 3v3 or smaller maps, I love prison and cataract but really want to see something else once in a while.

July 31, 2009 11:20:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

An incremental approach to updating coupled with a digital distribution platform, that automatically updates for you, is a very cool concept.

July 31, 2009 11:24:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm hoping the rematch or restart can also be used to allow players to return to the start of a game should there be an issue. i.e you start he game it's obviously laggy then restart option used and hopefully the next time minus the player who caused the issue

July 31, 2009 11:44:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is that image a new demigod teaser?

July 31, 2009 11:51:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CliffyG,

It is very old concept art, but maybe.

July 31, 2009 12:01:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great news!  Looking forward to a release!

July 31, 2009 12:09:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did people think they’d have to wait until the August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

You better hurry if we won´t have to wait until August. Six hours left of July.

July 31, 2009 12:09:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

since he is not in the game, it is very probably a teaser. Wasn't he a little different in the old artworks?

July 31, 2009 12:24:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CliffyG,

I hope so. It looks cool.

July 31, 2009 12:24:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Little bitty pieces? Next time, don't drop it.

July 31, 2009 12:31:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting CliffyG, reply 7Is that image a new demigod teaser?
It is very old concept art, but maybe.

hope so too

the pic looks great......some kind of "Allien-Warrior" in HR Giger design.

July 31, 2009 12:37:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But tomorrow is August.  I rather have 1.2 patch tomorrow than the little pieces next week.

July 31, 2009 12:50:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know. They got you there Frogboy. August is just hours away. =P

In other news. AWESOME.

July 31, 2009 1:18:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet! But i wanted THIS:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-84744-1221609867_thumb.jpg

But still, awesome.

July 31, 2009 2:45:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A little slice of pie at a time instead of the whole thing at once..... Sounds like fun.

July 31, 2009 3:05:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could you guys fix the Sedna healing wind II/high priest bug while you're at it?  It's literally a one character change in the LUA file

Could you describe this bug in more detail?

July 31, 2009 3:16:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You don't know the incredibly famous bug every sedna takes advantage of? Where high priests heal more than bishops when sedna's healing wind ii is used?

I think the numbers are something like high priests heal 30% and bishops heal 22%. Without healing wind ii applied they're fine.

July 31, 2009 3:54:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Istari,

Could you guys fix the Sedna healing wind II/high priest bug while you're at it?  It's literally a one character change in the LUA file

Could you describe this bug in more detail?

Healing wind buffs the healing of monks/cleric/high priests/bishops and the high priests heal more than the bishops.

I think high priests heal 30% with healing wind and bishops only 22%, bishops are more expensive so it should be the other way around.

July 31, 2009 3:55:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kajexdraw,
You don't know the incredibly famous bug every sedna takes advantage of? Where high priests heal more than bishops when sedna's healing wind ii is used?

I think the numbers are something like high priests heal 30% and bishops heal 22%. Without healing wind ii applied they're fine.

If the 30% is intended, increase Bishop healing. If thats the case, Nerf those buffs, lol.

July 31, 2009 3:57:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh yeah and while you're at it please fix the VALOR FLAG BUG, if you capture the enemys valor flag you get the bonus, but if they recapture it you also lose the bonus of your own flag, even if its still captured.

July 31, 2009 4:02:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, never thought I'd get so excited about trickles.  I check for updates on Impulse every day like people check their mail boxes.  That's great news.  With the demo + replays, I may be able to get my friends to consider the game now again.

July 31, 2009 4:06:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and don't forget to fix fire tb autoattack bug while you there.

all these bugs are well known and we're complaining about them since the game came out, it would be nice if you spend an hour or two to fix them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.