The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

confusing lag

By on July 30, 2009 5:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just played a 3v3 game, everyone ms was below 150 and everyones sim speed was above 4, but we had the worst and most choppiest lag ever.

BUT, there was one kids ms that would spike to 450 or 500 every 20 seconds or so, and i thought that was lagging us

once he got disconnected i couldnt figure out what was lagging us... any ideas?

0 Karma | 6 Replies
July 30, 2009 5:58:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Without seeing ping spikes it's hard to say who is causing the lags (we would be able to tell, if we had access to ren_showNetworkStats). But even if you know who it is, it's hard to say why he lags, unless he has insufficient upload bandwidth.

July 30, 2009 7:08:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,

insufficient upload bandwidth.

July 30, 2009 9:51:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well im fucking sick and tired of every game starting with 90 ms in lobby, you join and everybody has 7 or 8 sim speed and it STILL lags.

this game is fucking trash because it never works

1. we need to see average sim speed or something or other somehow in lobby, but thats not that big

the biggy is

2. We need to know if this person is going to lag

you give us a low ms and our sim speeds are 8+ but we STILL lag, all of the 5 games ive been in have been ruined completely by lag and have become completely unenjoyable.

July 31, 2009 12:38:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are you playing the demo? 

July 31, 2009 7:15:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

before you hit start game, ask everyone to confirm they have over 1MB broadband
1MB download usually has 0.2MB upload, which is suitable for a max of 3v3 in my experience
anything over 1MB i imagine should run any number of players

hell put it in the game title

August 8, 2009 1:30:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry TeamCheese, I can empathize.  Ping is fine in the lobby but game lags ridiculously every few seconds...major factors are upload speed (DG requires it to be pretty darn snappy as ShakeNBake mentioned), ports needing to be forwarded, and simspeed (you're simspeed is fine though).  If these are good but you still are having ludicrous lag, you might be suffering from whatever mystery has been plaguing a bunch of us for a few months:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/352593.  Maybe some tip from there will help you though since we've been through a lot already.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.