The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New DG idea - trickster Oni (Name pending, work in progress)

By on July 30, 2009 4:32:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi. This isn't done but it may be as done as I make it. Basically I was browsing around and saw some neat pictures of japanese demons as I was thinking about how many players would like to see a ninja-type character in the game, so this is an idea of how to add one without necessarily adding invisibility, monster ambushes damage, perma super speed, etc., which actually means most people probably won't like it.

It's time for bed so I'm going to post this before it's done so that I don't lose it.

(I did not draw this!)

The general idea behind this god is to have a high damage, low HP assassin that doesn't step on UB's toes too much. His speed boost and snare come from a activated abilities instead of passive skills, partly in the hope that to play him to his fullest he will need some more mana items rather than being another straight HP stacker.

I still feel he needs an interrupt alternative but I didn't get around to making it yet. The general idea is I would like for him to have an actiivated level 5 ability in which he'd throw a heavy weapon to deal moderate damage and temporarily increase the cast time of his opponents' spells which are not instant, so that he would compliment other characters interrupts rather than mimmick them, especially to mess with spit.

For that one of the other level 5 abilities would have to go, I'll revisit it tomorrow.

Essence Theft - Level 1

The Oni lands a vicious blow and marks his target for 7 seconds, siphoning their essence.

• Rank 1 250 damage, 20% of all health the target gains (through regen, heals, potions, etc.) is transferred to the Oni
  • Rank 2 450 damage
  • Rank 3 700 damage 20% of all mana the target gains (regen, potions, etc) is transferred to the Oni
  • Rank 4 900 damage
    • Level 15 Pilfer (needs a more sinister name) - You steal 15-20% of all gold gained by your target (kills, mines, citadel upgrades)

Flash Bomb - Level 1

The Oni hurls a flash bomb at his feet and fades from sight. Opponents who stay in the cloud have their vision obscured and may fail their attacks.

Translation: when this spell is cast the Oni becomes invulnerable for 1 second, and leaves a cloud of smoke for 5 seconds. While inside the cloud opponents have a sight radius reduction and a chance to miss their autoattcks:

• Rank 1-4 10/20/30/40% chance to miss,
  • Rank 1-4 -6/-8/-10/-12 Vision radius. Does not affect towers, totems, tracking device, etc.
    • Level 15 Noxious Fumes Opponents in the cloud suffer 100 damage per second (in line with UB's level 15 ability)

Dragon Spirit - Level 1

Basically rides a dragon like in the picture, his movement speed is increased dramatically and he leaves a trail of fire in his wake. Lasts 5 seconds, fire remains for 2 seconds

• Rank 1-4 10/15/20/25/30% run speed increase
  • Rank 1-4 Fire deals 50/100/150/200 damage per second
    • Level 15 Name Pending - Upon activation removes all movement impairing effects from the Oni

Demon Blade - Level 5

The Oni unsheaths a second blade and marks a target. The blade follows the marked target, dealing a portion of all damage Oni deals with his blade. The Oni may attack the marked target for bonus damage (damage dealt by the demon blade is not transferred)

• Rank 1-3 10%/15%/20% damage

Caltrops - Level 5

The Oni blankets the ground with caltrops, impeding enemies' movement and causing slight damage. Lasts 5 seconds and enemies who stand still suffer no damage.

• 10/15/20% movement speed reduction
  • 25/50/75 damage per second

Vicious Blows - Level 2 (passive)

The Oni channels his otherwordly strength into his attacks, dealing additional damage and puncturing his opponents' armor

• 10/20/30/40 damage per attack
  • Reduces armor by 100/200/300/400

+37 Karma | 5 Replies
July 30, 2009 9:59:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Add this, he can cast shadows, like 3 dmg shield, meaning u would have to take out his shadows before getting to him.

July 30, 2009 5:28:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds interesting

July 30, 2009 9:56:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mmmm ... i really like this

October 7, 2009 8:43:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i personally like him too. He is very diffrent kind of ub. Instead of super dot, this guy has burst damage. He is very deadly and can work well in game. I do have one prob with one of his skills though, essence theft, its final level, steals 20% of total dg's gold? Thats a fuck ton for most... and this makes this skill very op. How about instead it gives him bonus damage? And a more sinister name could be like karma strike maybe. Anyways i can already see a badass strategy for this guy. Here is my evil strategy.

lvl1:essence theft

lvl2:Dragon spirit

lvl3:essence theft

lvl4:dragon spirit

lvl5:demon blade

lvl6caltrops

There is my evil strategy. AT begging game it gives you great durability and gives u good damge, to push back enemy dgs. Then at dragon spirtit u gain killin potential. You gain that damage, and essence theft is a killer. Then you just level up the two and youll be nearly unstopable. Then u get demon blade and rook becomes a fuckin ant. Especially with caltrops. If u got the time check out my 3 demis post and i can get u a backstory and a better name for him.

October 8, 2009 12:44:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice idea i like it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.