The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Strong build, for the Strongest DG

What the Pro's don't want anyone else to know

By on July 29, 2009 9:09:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Queen of Freaking Thorns baby, lets roll.

I dare ANYone to prove me wrong:

1. Save (You are going to need two points next Level)
  2. Entourage+Compost
  3. Save (The awesomeness is coming)
  4. Save AGAIN (Oh my god, it is so close I can taste it)
  5. Entourage 2+Compost 2+Mulch Shambler 1 (BAM Muther Effer, didn't see that coming did you?)
  6. Morale 1
  7. Save (Can't let that awesomness sneak by)
  8. Compost 3+Entourage 3
  9. Morale 2
  10. Mulch Shambler 2

Use the Diamond Pendant favor Item, Buy Scaled Helm + Mana potions at level 1, you'll need them.

Do I even need to describe how to win with this build?

Step 1: Use impossible to beat skill combo

Step 2: OWN people in the FACE. (Collarbone also works)

Step 3: Tell everyone on the internet how awesome it works.

Obviously, I've moved on to step 3 myself.

Optional Strategies: You may be thinking that the Morale skill doesn't look good enough compared to all our other heavy hitting strategies, and I understand that.  It may be better to hold off on using these skill points at all.  Luring an opponent into a false sense of security can be the ultimate tactic.

I actually had my little brother play this build online (He doesn't play games, only football, hockey, and he does wrestling) and he was able to beat everyone he faced.  Most of them rage quit after the first instance of STEP 2 (See above).

I'm sure other Pro players out there have been abusing this strategy for a while.  Time to fess up guys, and let the world in on our big secret.

+57 Karma | 98 Replies
August 12, 2009 6:28:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting X-Raider,
Am I missing something or u dont have summon shamble in this build so whats the point in minion build ?

I really dont understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13eDfrMgFQM

August 12, 2009 6:48:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting X-Raider,
Am I missing something or u dont have summon shamble in this build so whats the point in minion build ?

I really dont understand it.

Taking shamblers is a common mistake, which makes this build unique and... eh... unfortunately balance breaking OP.

August 12, 2009 1:53:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this a joke?!?! I really can't tell I don't know how this many people can be sarcastic on the same thread. If this is all sarcasm I declare this the TRASHIEST THREAD '09.

August 12, 2009 1:59:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fergle,
Is this a joke?!?! I really can't tell I don't know how this many people can be sarcastic on the same thread. If this is all sarcasm I declare this the TRASHIEST THREAD '09.

Okay its not sarcasm.

August 12, 2009 6:20:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can u really blame me ?

2 pages os people cheering like they would cheer in a normal build so sorry for having a cap for how many sarcasam i can take.

August 13, 2009 1:08:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've switched from my old queen build to this one actually.

Haven't lost since.  THX bro!!

August 14, 2009 6:49:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why do always people call "sarcasm', "joke", "lol" etc. things they simply don't understand, and haven't tried yet...

Many good ideas are buried that way

August 14, 2009 8:13:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I decided to break out this build again yesterday in a 3v3.  I played for 2 minutes.  Then, went back to base and sat at the crystal for 20 minutes.  I made sure to tell my teammates "afk 20 min - using zechnophobe's QoT build." I came back after 20 minutes, rushed the enemy citadel alone, tanked all 3 enemy dgs, and took out the citadel.  I finished the game at level 5.  This build isn't even fun anymore because its completely unfair. 

August 14, 2009 9:14:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I finished the game at level 5.

Yep, the game usually finishes when QoT reaches lvl5. That's all because of that goddamn imba 3-skill combo, which ruins the whole game balance.

August 14, 2009 4:35:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I never thought to AFK for that long.  I usually AFK for about 1-12 minutes but My teammates ask me to stay afk longer.  They accuse me of hoarding all the kills whenever i hit the battle field. 

I'm suprised they are working on making a new DG instead of rebalancing QoT.  This is excessive!

August 14, 2009 5:34:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To be honest "mulch shambler" is a good skill. Its really useful.

August 14, 2009 5:56:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I never thought to AFK for that long. I usually AFK for about 1-12 minutes but My teammates ask me to stay afk longer. They accuse me of hoarding all the kills whenever i hit the battle field.

Yeah.  I tried about 12 minutes, too, but I found the same thing - my teammates ask me to stay afk longer.  20 minutes seems to be the perfect number.  Gives the other team a chance to have some fun before they realize what build I'm using. 

August 14, 2009 7:30:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whenever I play this build I also go afk for the first 12 minutes, so that the opponents last a bit longer. After hundreds of matches with this build (easy, since matches only last approximately 12 minutes and 45 seconds) I think I have found the final  improvement, which makes this build so effin imba that it's not even funny anymore:

I call it the Queen of Imbaness Stun:

Whenever you encounter an enemy Demigod (who will try run away as soon as he sees you) you must chase him down, even to his health crystal since as QoT you can simply ignore the towers. When you chase him you must constantly change from open form to closed form and to open form again!! This awesome move will make the enemy Demigod stunned with fear which allows you to "mulch" him when you get close enough.

This special move costs 0 (Zero!!) mana, has no cooldown and works on a range depending on how much valium potions the enemy Demigod carries. It's also the reason that the Oak wears a diaper (which you can clearly see at game starting screen).

August 15, 2009 2:27:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This has to be the greatest build i have ever seen for any demigod ever, ever. Double evers... i mean its that freakin incredible. I tried it out and the other players spent the whole game spouting off about how stupid this game is and just all rage quit.

Un-freaking-believable, wish i had found this sooner.

August 15, 2009 11:51:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whenever you encounter an enemy Demigod (who will try run away as soon as he sees you) you must chase him down, even to his health crystal since as QoT you can simply ignore the towers. When you chase him you must constantly change from open form to closed form and to open form again!! This awesome move will make the enemy Demigod stunned with fear which allows you to "mulch" him when you get close enough.

When i did this i must have done something wrong b/c after i switched forms 3 times the erebus I was chasing immediatly went into his death animation and I was awarded 2400 gold (I was lvl 5)

He called HAX after he died but I told him what build I was using and he understood and immediatly raged. (Well he raged after calling IMBA on my part...)

As an avid queen player, I call upon the devs to do something to balance this, as it's not even fun for me anymore.

:note: This excerpt is from a 5v5 where I was playing on a PuG team agains a premade... I ended up with 175 favor...

August 15, 2009 12:39:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting X-Raider,
Can u really blame me ?

2 pages os people cheering like they would cheer in a normal build so sorry for having a cap for how many sarcasam i can take.

This build is 100% legit. It is actually unbeatable when put into comparison to other now considered "viable" demigod builds. Even erubus with a horn of battle could not compare to the strength of this build. It starts out at such a high powerlevel, and sustains it's strength throughout the whole game. It's simply undefeatable.

You sir, have obviously not even tried the build for yourself, yet you come into the forums to 'lurk' us honest and good people trying to spread the good word about the QoT. You should be ashamed of yourself.

August 15, 2009 1:05:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should be ashamed of yourself.

qft

August 16, 2009 3:39:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have decided that I will no longer use this build.  It is too OP and completely unfair.  I'd hope that most of you would do the same as me and just not play QoT this way until we get the nerf.  I've heard a rumor that we will see a SIGNIFICANT nerf to this build before 1.2 goes live... so, swear off this build another 2 weeks and we should be all set.  Do it for the community.  Too many people are leaving just because of games where they face this build (don't even get me started on my UB build with 11k health (which is quite real, btw)).  Experienced players - let's refuse to play this build!

August 17, 2009 4:01:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
I have decided that I will no longer use this build.  It is too OP and completely unfair.  I'd hope that most of you would do the same as me and just not play QoT this way until we get the nerf.  I've heard a rumor that we will see a SIGNIFICANT nerf to this build before 1.2 goes live... so, swear off this build another 2 weeks and we should be all set.  Do it for the community.  Too many people are leaving just because of games where they face this build (don't even get me started on my UB build with 11k health (which is quite real, btw)).  Experienced players - let's refuse to play this build!

Sorry, I play to win. Just because you scrubs can't get over your silly rules and self made laws doesn't mean the rest of us should be precluded from playing our best, against the best players out there.

August 17, 2009 6:14:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, I play to win. Just because you scrubs can't get over your silly rules and self made laws doesn't mean the rest of us should be precluded from playing our best, against the best players out there.

Just running into the other teams base and killing their crystal with this build isn't fun any more for me and simply ruins the game for the other team.  If you feel you still need to use this OP build to get an advantage, then you are welcome to it.  But as for me, I am done with it until the 1.2 patch changes are in place. 

August 18, 2009 8:39:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the patch went live this morning.

I decided to use the build one last time before I retired it and as i approached the crystal (at the 13 minute mark of the game) it actually detached itself from the ground and stabbed me... PERMANENTLY killing me.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

Talk about a Nerf!

August 20, 2009 8:30:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting X-Raider,
Can u really blame me ?

i can blame you. the opening most itself should be more than enough to clear things up!

not the sarcastic and ironic posts here are what makes this thread so funny.

August 20, 2009 12:02:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanx for informing us about this build. Each time i saw a Qot i laughed because of all the "qot needs buff" threads. But now i see i need to watch it .

August 21, 2009 9:07:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zomg!! like 3 pages of nubs, utter nubs.

This build is for minions, without the minions!!! IT WILL NOT WORK. All these people bragging about how they pwn with it, like they don't, they get nub rushed all over and over, but they don't want to admit they suck harder than as steroidal anteater.

Zomg, you guys are so dumb I bet I could post a totally pointless made up build as a joke and you would'nt even relize it was a joke!!!

August 21, 2009 9:10:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KingBingo,
Zomg!! like 3 pages of nubs, utter nubs.

This build is for minions, without the minions!!! IT WILL NOT WORK. All these people bragging about how they pwn with it, like they don't, they get nub rushed all over and over, but they don't want to admit they suck harder than as steroidal anteater.

Zomg, you guys are so dumb I bet I could post a totally pointless made up build as a joke and you would'nt even relize it was a joke!!!

I read that through thinking it was serious and nearly pissed myself laughing

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.