The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Vasari VS Covenant

Who wins?

By on July 25, 2009 2:08:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I don't have much to say on it as I'm quite exhausted.

I'd love to see what you guys think of it.

0 Karma | 55 Replies
July 25, 2009 11:16:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think the space egg would be a good match for any covenaut ship. 

July 25, 2009 11:47:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari all the way.

Come on, is it really any competition that the Vasari have from the Covenant? Covenant can glass planets, sure, but the Vasari have Kosturas (instant door to the enemies primary planets), Phase Missiles (shields? Those were shields? I didn't notice them), and they've got the Egg, the Kortul (it's pretty good, just try it), and best of all, Gravity Mines.

Covenant flagship bridge-

"Truth, we have been immobilized by some kind of gravitational anamoly field"

Vasari Sivuskras Ruiners on com-

"Emperor, we have immobilized the enemy's fleet"

"Excellent. Our forces will be phasing in momentarily"

Ten minutes later-

"The enemy was absurdly easy to defeat. Their ships and weapons seem weak, and they rely on shielding far too much"

July 25, 2009 12:00:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But then the Flood eats them all.

October 7, 2009 6:15:38 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Primal Zed,
But then the Flood eats them all.

Flood are dangerous in melee only. Since there is no boarding or ground fighting, there would be no exposure.

October 20, 2009 8:57:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Covenat would win. They simply burn their ships apart. If they have to they fire halo rings and kill everyone

November 4, 2009 1:13:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasaei Fleet arrives after many jumps-Covenant fleet jumps and reachs under defended Vasari worlds in short amount of time since they don't have to use phase lanes. Covenant glass worlds and capture stuff. Also 9+ light second range of Plasma torp pwns Vasari ships.

Covenant win.

November 4, 2009 1:40:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Blaziken100,
Covenat would win. They simply burn their ships apart. If they have to they fire halo rings and kill everyone

No can do. Halo activation requires a Forerunner descendant (i.e. a human) to initiate.

Its kind of a toss up... if Covie plasma is anything like Advent plasma, it won't be totally effective against shields at all. Phase missile bypass would be a Covie Achilles' Heel. On the other hand, the largest Covenant ships have EBPs (energy beam projectors) which move at light speed and, in the novels, capable of bisecting several UNSC ships in one discharge at extreme range.

Also, Slipspace travel is still finite. Interstellar travel in Sins takes a handful of seconds. Covenant Slipspace engines operate at a velocity of 8 LY/day (LY = light years). The distance from Sol to Proxima Centurai (the closest star to Sol) is 4.2 LY, so a Covie ship takes just over half a day to get there. By then, any Vasari fleet has already had 12 hours to establish themselves in the system.

And of course, all the Vasari needs to do is bring lots of Subverters, use Distortion Field liberally, but carefully, and the Covies are totally screwed in combat, not to mention that they roll out frigates in a matter of seconds versus months for a Covie shipyard to build a cruiser.

November 4, 2009 2:01:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Fifteen minutes later, the Advent fleet showed up at which point the Vasari fleet ran away and survivors from the Covenant fleet shat bricks.

November 4, 2009 2:08:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[Quote] Also, Slipspace travel is still finite. Interstellar travel in Sins takes a handful of seconds. Covenant Slipspace engines operate at a velocity of 8 LY/day (LY = light years). The distance from Sol to Proxima Centurai (the closest star to Sol) is 4.2 LY, so a Covie ship takes just over half a day to get there. By then, any Vasari fleet has already had 12 hours to establish themselves in the system. [Unquote]

1. That speed would appear to have been retcon by GoO to 912LY an hour (made by a Covie Destroyer which was half the size of the one from FS). Also note that the ship that made the jump had taken damage and had a rouge Covenant AI in the systems so that should be taken into account.

2. I thought the fluff said travel took months between star systems and the seconds thing was just game mechanics?

[Quote] And of course, all the Vasari needs to do is bring lots of Subverters, use Distortion Field liberally, but carefully, and the Covies are totally screwed in combat, not to mention that they roll out frigates in a matter of seconds versus months for a Covie shipyard to build a cruiser. [Unquote]

Once again isn't that just the game mechanics for ship build time or do we have anything a more to go in the fluff? Besides, high end has the Covenant throwing around hundreds of thousands to low millions of ships.

November 4, 2009 4:44:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting anteachtaire,
Fifteen minutes later, the Advent fleet showed up at which point the Vasari fleet ran away and survivors from the Covenant fleet shat bricks.

are talking about late stage fleets since we have subs and stuff... Advent just like anyone else get totaly screwed over by subs when carefully used. It was the counter to advent battleballs in the post post buff it's just the counter to anything the enemy throws at you.

Yes it mainly is game mechanics... But the effect of subverters ain't game mechanics. Also I don't doubt that the vasari can travel through space at a significantly higher pace than any race out there as they have been specializing on doing it as effective as possible for 10000 years, If they don't know how to do it by now... Nobody will ever know.

Since we are likely talking about the exodus fleet attacking the covenant. They have an abbundance of capital ships of any time if need be for many ships they just copy paste ships with nanites. Also nanites are the verry reason vasari likely produce fully operational ships (not copied) faster than the covenant.

Too keep things simple. The vasari by all means outmaneouvre the covenant and their fleet is far superior to the covenant. How are the covenant suposed to win?

November 4, 2009 11:50:14 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Covenant will lose without fail due to the frailty of their ships- 2-3 MAC Rounds (Equivalent to even the maxed out Kol's Gauss Gun in concept) ripped even the largest Covenant ships apart, shields and all.  Those same 3 rounds don't even hardly tickle a Devastator's Shield.  (I assume you include Capitols in this scenario.)

Conclusion-  A Salvo of Phase Missiles, equivalent to a salvo of Archers from a UNSC Ship, even with the lowest Bypass Capability, would still win due to the meakness of the Covenant's shields and hull in general.  No Contest.

Unless of course the Covenenat were to implement Cloaking Technology, in which case a hit and run tactic could win them a theoretical victory, though be it a tedious one.

November 4, 2009 11:56:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Vasari would win, on account of Phase Missiles, the Egg, and Kortul. And also just lazering a planet and colonizing it instead of blowing it up.

November 5, 2009 12:13:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've never played Halo single player, but just from the looks of the cut scenes, I say the Vasari own them. In fact all of the Sins races look way more powerful than anything I've seen in Halo, minus the Halos themselves maybe.

November 5, 2009 2:14:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Probably the only ships in the Covenant fleet that pose any appreciable threat are their Assault Carriers and Dreadnaughts. Those carry particle beam projectors are often repurposed during glassing operations, and in the case of the DNs, a very long range energy beam projector (mentioned in my earlier post) which basically makes the DN the space-faring version of a sniper: extremely long range, high accuracy, high damage.

Oh, and the shells the Super MACs fire would possess a kinetic energy on the order of 10^17 joules.

November 6, 2009 11:42:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Okay, if we're talking ANYTHING in the HALO Universe, then perhaps the Forerunner Dreadnought at the core of High Charity, before its disarming after the Sangheli/San-Shyuum War, then maybe there would be a contest.  I only mention this because, while the Covenant did not build the ship, they have based their entire livelihood on it.

November 7, 2009 11:39:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First book a covevanat ship survives two mac rounds and dozens of missiles. This is a frigate oing against either a destroyer or cruiser. the cov. ship eventualy loses but the UNSC ship is heavily damaged. Also in real life sins ships wouldnt be built in seconds but would also take away. Also we dont know how fast sins ships travels. It could be weeks passig by in the phase lanes

November 7, 2009 11:46:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Anyone else notive the covenenat ships always seemed to die a little easier when there were a lot of them?  Granted, there were also a lot of UNSC ships too, but that's kinda strange... kind of like reverse synergy.

(Not counting Keyes one vs four battle.  That was just sheer unrivalled tactical genius...)

1 UNSC Destroyer vs 2 Covenant Frigates, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, i think.

November 7, 2009 11:54:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah your right but in most battles UNSC had to win 3 to 1. IN MOST, not counting reach because of the SUPER MACS

November 7, 2009 11:55:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh and that battle sounded epic

November 8, 2009 12:01:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ah, the super-MACs.  How i wish my TEC fleet could build them...maybe a mod...

November 8, 2009 12:03:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The battle takes place in "HALO:The Fall of Reach", i believe.

November 8, 2009 12:04:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i know i have read most of the books

and since i have read them i believe that the covenant is sipmly too powerful

November 8, 2009 12:14:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have you read "The Cole Protocol?"  I thought it was pretty good, but not like the other 5

November 8, 2009 12:43:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no only i havent read

November 8, 2009 1:45:23 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good god not this Halo shit again. First off, Halo is crap, every new Book introduces some new Badass weapon..........that outclasses the last book. Its like two five year olds trying to out Infinity each other "Infinity X Infinity +++++" Stop IT ALREADY!  Every Halo supporter goes above and beyond to outdo the competition. IE Covenant Vs Vasari.......................that means ONLY Covenant Technology.....not UNSC or the GOD DAMN HALOS OR THE FLOOD (As the FLOOD isnt on either side). If your arguement is so weak you need to refer to technologies and strategies of other factions in your beloved Halo Universe YOU FAIL.

If your going to argue Convenant stick to Convenant. Everytime someone starts one of these threads and people against Halo crush the Pro Halo supporters. Their arguements degrade. Always starting out with the Covenant.......then UNSC.......then moves to the Flood..............and then somehow the damn Forerunners........because somehow using a dead species in its own Universe somehow is going to change the fact your arguement is lacking.

Halo supporters need to learn that their covetted Game and Books are really lame. And dont stand up to the more thought out Scifi franchise's like SoaSE. It just doesnt have the legs to stand on when the writers cant even keep the tech tree reasonable enough to be believeable from book to book. And its pretty sad when the UNSC can only fight off the Convenant with one single man. Making everyone else in the series obselete and total losers. If you want to support Halo go ahead but please spare us your nonsense. We all know Halo is one of the best first person shooters in a very long time. But it doesnt hold a candle to the franchises like Star Trek and SoaSE where real thought went into developing its Universe. Not two geeks bouncing CRAZY technology off of each other til they have the UBER Convenant and the buttraped UNSC.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.