The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

show some class dont be a donkey

By on July 21, 2009 9:01:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

please stop making poor and uncompetitive games worse by refusing to concede.  i know you have  pride and this idea of "making me earn it" (trade marked?) but there is no pride in turning yourself into a comp stomp nor have i ever had to earn anything by closing out a 2v1 10 sec into the game. i like a challenge just as much as you so do the right thing and keep it mutually competitive.

also please realize comebacks can be tricky creatures. if you find yourself in a hole it might be because you were not skilled enough to keep yourself out of it? so the lack of skill that put you there will also prevent you from getting out. this is not the case 100% of the time but seriously sometimes the writing is on the wall people.

+5 Karma | 22 Replies
July 21, 2009 9:12:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Comebacks still happen.  If the losing team doesn't want to concede, that's their choice.  They shouldn't be pressured into it.  No one is making you stay to finish the game.

July 21, 2009 9:19:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like to concede unless my Team is actually asking me too. You won't learn how to make comebacks if you throw in the towel the moment it starts going south.

July 21, 2009 9:26:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I for one learn a lot more from playing a losing game vs good team than a winning game vs a bad team. Being able to study and evaluate why you are losing or how the other players are better is a vital part of becoming a better player.

Just apply to normal sports and you see that there or not many games are walkovers once the game has started on fair terms.

For me the exception to this is offcource when the game balance is lost from the start, if you have AIs on your team or 2vs1 situations etc.

July 21, 2009 9:29:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't like to concede unless my Team is actually asking me too.

That's a good point.  If one's teammates want to condede to end the game without actually 'ragequitting', then one should probably concede.  But if the winning team doesn't want to actually finish the match they're winning (and are telling the losing team to concede), I won't feel much pity or guilt if my team and I (or myself and two AI) want to stick around.

July 21, 2009 9:39:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would love to see some advanced statistics that track things like:

• How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 1 war rank behind?
  • How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 2 war ranks behind?
  • How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 5 demigod kills behind?
  • How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 10 demigod kills behind?

Yes, comebacks do happen, but my guess is that they are extremely rare.

July 21, 2009 9:53:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree, however they won't be so rare once we have the currently-in-development Replay System. We'll be able to see what went wrong and where, and how we could have possibly made a difference to the outcome of the game through better choices.

July 22, 2009 1:24:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hehe... I chose not to concede 1 game for awhile after 2 of my PUG teammates wouldn't communicate and then dropped... I didn't really have any dreams about winning, but hoped I might enjoy a kill or two for waiting for the game to start.... well, I got a kill anyway.  Then I quit.  Sad part of the story is that one of them was hosting... and no stats were kept.  Always pays to remember who the host is...

July 22, 2009 1:31:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I chose not to concede a game after 2 teammates crashed early in a 5v5... and we used teamwork to win

July 22, 2009 4:14:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've lost a game or two where my teammates got lazy because we were "winning" and the other team got busy and rolled us back, they they paid attention and we rolled them back.. then we both had giants and our team had less AoE and lost...

So it happens..

July 22, 2009 4:57:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I have won some games that I thought were already lost, in one game we were far behind, they had many kills and far better items, but somehow we managed to still win by putting all our money into giants and upgrades for them and stealing and holding their portals.

July 22, 2009 6:42:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like it when people say in chat that they are going to concede and then don't - and do it solely for making the opposing team let their guard down. We still spanked 'em hard after that one time

July 22, 2009 8:15:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[edited]

July 25, 2009 8:47:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've said nothing

July 25, 2009 9:18:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Enraged_Camel,

How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 10 demigod kills behind?
Ive got one of those i think

July 25, 2009 10:48:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have seen very clear writing on the wall in the past that a game was lost, only to stick with it to win.  I'm more of the fight until the end type of player, although since Demigod is a team game I always do consider concede requests.

July 26, 2009 3:59:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How many games have been won by the team that was, at some point, 10 demigod kills behind?
Lol, I was in 2 games where it looked really bad for us today and still, we turned it around at some point. In the last game I would leave the base only to be whacked instantly by two UBs or an Erebus. (So much for testing a new build against a premade team in live battle... ) Still, we managed to surprise and distract them long enough for the creeps to pop the citadel.

Sometimes you just know it will be a long and hard battle and you plan accordingly with the right upgrades and items. It might turn out okay even if you get slaughtered for 15 minutes.

July 27, 2009 6:00:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Same situation here. We lost first blood, they were constantly at higher war rank and levels, got to giants before us. Even made it so far that they actually started attacking our citadel and kept capturing one of our portals. Still, we did somehow manage to turn it around and win. Have no ideea how. In case you are wondering, our team = UB, Reg, Oak(me) their team = UB, Rook, Reg. So yes, comebacks don't happen that much, but when they do, they are oh so sweet.
July 28, 2009 11:15:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I already posted this in the Hall of Shame, but it very closely relates to this thread as well.  The Rook on my team d/c with ~5 minutes (and Rook has got to be the worst AI), but my teammate and I still pulled a win.  A couple of the players on the other team demanded we concede about a minute after the Rook d/c.  (Not Warbirdd though - he kept quiet most of the game, cept for the occasional amiable remark and 'gg' at the end.)But I won

A link to the game: http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/804762/player/37844/

July 29, 2009 12:09:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well played Zed!

July 29, 2009 12:20:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks much!  I didn't realize until Pacov commended my gameplay that this can actually be construed as a feat.  Main reason I posted this is because it direclty relates to this thread, and the attitudes of those two players on the other team really annoyed me.

July 29, 2009 11:28:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Asking someone to concede is one thing, demanding it is pretty lame.

The worst is having a teammate get butchered the first 5 minutes or so of a game, and then demand that the team concede because now the other side has too much of an advantage. Yes I had that happen once. Some goon dies 5-6 times and then starts demanding that the other two of us concede because surely we can't win if the enemy is pwning him.

Let people play how they want. If some can't handle the other team not conceding when told to, they prolly should be directed to HelloKittyOnline.

July 31, 2009 6:46:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this wasnt supposed to be a remarkable storytime adventure thread. i have lost one(1) game that was a 2v1 or 3v2 and that was when i was first starting.  id bet my life that this is the most accurate outcome of these types of games. 1 in a hundred and you try to prove something with the 1 against my hundred?

i can if i want and 1 in a hundred seem to be the only argument. the whole post was typed and its amazing noone actually read it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.