The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Vote Demigod Best Strategy Game at X-Play

By on July 20, 2009 11:14:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://g4tv.com/gphoria2009/index.html

Considering the other choices, I think this one is obvious.

And think about it. If it wins it will probably equate more sales. Which means there is a better chance we get more stuff.

+37 Karma | 35 Replies
July 20, 2009 11:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YEah pretty easy, but dont sell valkirya chronicles short.

July 20, 2009 11:35:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We really should all vote for this. It will only help us and payback Stardock the group of jerks we've been

July 20, 2009 11:40:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Voted. Woulda voted it Best Soundtrack too, if the option was there. Oh well, Fallout 3 it is.

Butcher Pete ftw!

July 21, 2009 3:45:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like demigod. That´s a fact.

But I won´t vote a game for "best strategy game", which isn´t a strategy game at all. In my mind it is an action-rpg-tactic game. There´s no strategy involved in this game. You level and gain money by slaying opponents like in any other RPG. You chosse different skills in different pathes like in other ation-rpg´s like Diablo. There´s no base building, you only control one unit or a handful of minions in addition. The maps are limited in scale, there´s no cover or anything similar like i.e. in CoH.

I don´t see the point to call this game a "strategy" game. So no vote here

July 21, 2009 6:27:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GeneralGonzo,
I like demigod. That´s a fact.

But I won´t vote a game for "best strategy game", which isn´t a strategy game at all. In my mind it is an action-rpg-tactic game. There´s no strategy involved in this game. You level and gain money by slaying opponents like in any other RPG. You chosse different skills in different pathes like in other ation-rpg´s like Diablo. There´s no base building, you only control one unit or a handful of minions in addition. The maps are limited in scale, there´s no cover or anything similar like i.e. in CoH.

I don´t see the point to call this game a "strategy" game. So no vote here

By this definition, games like Final Fantasy Tactics are not "Strategy" games. Clearly, the definition is flawed.

The strategy here does not come under the typical "build this unit to counter that unit, send units here and seige that" general RTS mechanic, it's true. Instead, it relies on cooperation amongst the players in a team, and the selection of proper items and abilities to counter those of your opponent. The fact that the game heavily stresses thinking over reflexes is probably the best indication that it is, in fact, a strategy game.

July 21, 2009 11:43:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Individual units with an emphasis on micro-management makes it fall under the umbrella of tactical game (ala mech commander) rather than a strategy game (ala supcom). The level of "thinking" required is irrelevant.

July 21, 2009 11:48:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XSive_Death,
Individual units with an emphasis on micro-management makes it fall under the umbrella of tactical game (ala mech commander) rather than a strategy game (ala supcom). The level of "thinking" required is irrelevant.

So apparently Starcraft and Dawn of War aren't strategy games...

Hate to break it to you, but only SupCom and TA players are still singing that tune.

July 21, 2009 12:11:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Starcraft and DoW would both fall under Strategy games in my eyes as they involve economics, base building, army compositions, deployment strategies, logistics etc

DoW2 however as an example would be an RTT as the emphasis is switched to individual unit control and micro-management with a focus on small scale battles centred around POCs.

Its a very subjective line and everyone is different...however something like Demigod would be in most peoples eyes (at least those who understand the concepts of strategy vs tactics) a Tactical game.

If you don't think so, more power to ya, we all have our opinions.

July 21, 2009 12:35:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm going to have to go with warhammer. demigod is fun and all, but warhammer has more strategy(not to mention all the basic necesities of an online strategy game)

sorry frogboy

July 21, 2009 2:41:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Warhammer is also completely broken in terms of balance.

July 23, 2009 12:40:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

got my vote

July 23, 2009 1:03:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It really only helps out the community if Demigod wins.

July 23, 2009 2:05:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this game isn't a stratergy game   it is a tactic game  the difference is  stratergy requires u too know  alot of information  and to plan  3-6 steps ahead and  also manage your resources /units

tactics are short quick things u do like a attack with u and a friend from 2 sides and focusing on 1 of the enermies

the only actual stratergy game there is dow2

July 23, 2009 2:46:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements.

What are you talking about?

July 24, 2009 12:59:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
Warhammer is also completely broken in terms of balance.

1.4.2 seems to have alleviated a lot of those problems. The level of interest Relic are showing is promising as well.

I don't know that really makes Demigod any better than it even if we accept the DoW2 balance to be out of whack. DG is considered balanced by most people because there isn't much competitive play going on so the meta game hasn't evolved at all. I hardly call having 50% of the items unused by the good players a "balanced" situation, and that some of the characters have useless skills as well only reinforces the issue.

The console crowd will probably zerg-vote halo wars to pose position unfortunately.

July 24, 2009 1:47:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Voted.

Also, guys, who cares what exact genre Demigod is. If you like the game, vote it! Hopefully it'll win and we'll see a growth spurt in the number of players. If this community stagnates, we'll soon see complete abandonment from GPG.

July 24, 2009 5:31:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,
Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements.

it isn't a stratergy it is more like a mmorpg then a stratergy

July 24, 2009 7:16:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quit throwing around stuff like "DG is a strategy........stfu, DG is tactical".

It is IRRELEVANT. Do you like this game? Do you want it to get better? Then quit arguing and start voting for (demi)god's sake. This is not a thread to discuss what type of game DG is.

July 24, 2009 7:23:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but the type of game is relivant to  weather or not it gets the vote and that voteing one ony have 5 options for each  when i can think of loads more

July 24, 2009 7:33:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is only relevant when you don't want the game to succeed, or haven't played it yet. Think of Eurovision, where contestants from all over Europe come and sing. The winner gets voted by people from all of Europe's countries. People from Germany ar ALWAYS going to vote for the german participant. Same goes to france, spain or any other country. They are not voting someone for their actual talent. They are voting to SUPPORT him/her.

Same goes here, the purpose is to promote demigod, and help it out. Not quarrel about what category of game it is or weather some other game is better. Granted, DG is not the best game in the world, and I wouldn't exactly call it a strategy. But that is NOT the issue here. Do you want the game to get better and get more attention? Then just vote. Don't over think it, just vote. If you don't like it, and don't want to help it, I really don't see why you are replying on this thread.

July 24, 2009 8:31:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

eurovision is all about politics  they dont actually judge  by the music  and i   believe i have played more then u and i want this game to succed but i will not say that it is a stratergy game when it isn't  lets say  it gets more attention form halo 3 players  most of the ones i see are assholes

July 24, 2009 10:15:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
eurovision is all about politics  they dont actually judge  by the music  and i   believe i have played more then u and i want this game to succed but i will not say that it is a stratergy game when it isn't  lets say  it gets more attention form halo 3 players  most of the ones i see are assholes

You missunderstand. I am not saying you were wrong saying that it is not a strategy game, as I tend to agree that it isn't. That is the guys at X-play's fault for putting DG in the wrong category. All I am saying is that I only see the opportunity to promote the game here. If you don't want to vote the game out of principle (not being a strategy) that's ok. Do whatever you think is right. Vote whatever game you think diserves the best strategy title. All I know is that I voted DG, and encourage other people to do so.

July 24, 2009 10:52:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,

Quoting Polynomial, reply 14Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements.

Uh. Is English not your primary language? I can barely ever make out what you said.

Demigod is a team based action strategy game. Its not like an MMO at all. The only similarities are the levels and equipment.

July 24, 2009 9:02:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good game.. but best stratergy?... answer..NO

July 25, 2009 4:58:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Polynomial,

Quoting si1foo, reply 17
Quoting Polynomial, reply 14Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements.

Uh. Is English not your primary language? I can barely ever make out what you said.

Demigod is a team based action strategy game. Its not like an MMO at all. The only similarities are the levels and equipment.

blah blah blah  i dont care what you assholes think about my puncuation or lack off 

and this is more like a mmo then a rts  because every time u start a mnatch u lvl up your dude   get more equip use skills and fight

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.