The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

FREAKING premades

By on July 20, 2009 6:51:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

U GUYS R RUINING THE GAME (AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE LACK OF COMMUNITY IN THIS GAME)....PLEASE PUT THE FACT THAR UR A PREMADE IN THE GAME TITLE....INSTEAD OF FORCING US TO CHECK BY LOOKING U UP.....

many thanx from a pugger.

+1 Karma | 100 Replies
July 20, 2009 7:04:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YES...ALSO, POST YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS IN THE TITLE, AND HOW MANY HOURS YOU PLAY SO I CAN ONLY PLAY MATCHES THAT I AM ENSURED OF WINNING BECAUSE JUST BY HAVING VOIP AND KNOWING THESE PEOPLE THERE IS NO CHANCE THAT I COULD BE MORE SKILLED THEN THEM, ALSO ENSURE YOU POST JUST LIKE THIS IN ALL CAPS, AND WITH POOR GRAMMAR SO THE DEVELOPERS ARE CERTAIN TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY.

July 20, 2009 7:07:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Go play singleplayer if you don't want any teamwork or challenge.

Oh or play 1vs1.

July 20, 2009 7:15:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is nothing wrong with playing in teams with friends.

"premade" is a word I have never heard in any other game I played, and I have played Starcraft for over 10 years and many other games. I have played SC a lot with friends, and never have I heard someone complain about it or saying the word "premade". There is no reason to put the word "premade" in the game title.

I have some suggestions for you, play pantheon, skirmish, or host your own games.

July 20, 2009 7:19:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DAMN WALMART! THIS KEYBOARD DOESN'T TYPE SMALL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!11!!!1

July 20, 2009 7:20:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I've found that hosting your own game and putting "No Premades" in the title generally does the trick if you're looking to PUG.

However, that doesn't stop your opponents from potentially working as a team, so be careful!

July 20, 2009 7:21:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this.

its threads like these that keep groups of new players away. because this community believes "omg ur playing with your friends, you cant do that!" which is STUPID, because it is a multiplayer based game.

July 20, 2009 7:30:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

uhhhh....I NEVER SAID PREMADES ARE BAD (so get off ur high rocker and stop making false accusations)....TEAM WORK IS GREAT..PLAYING WITH FRIENDS IS GREAT...

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..LET US NOW IF UR PREMADE..INSTEAD OF COWERING in ur false illusions of greatness by not declaring it as such and then patting ur selves on the back for shallow win...

AND..IF U NEVER HEARD OF 'PREMADE' BEFORE...well...u never played an rts before...

as for caps.....ovbiously I'm pissed at premades teams advertsinig PRO-ONLY.....and then every freaking member on their team plays together 80% of the time..its NOT PRO'S only when its PRO-ONLY PREMADE, be honest please....

Cheers.

July 20, 2009 7:32:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys, as the OP says, playing with your friends ruins the community Brilliant.

July 20, 2009 7:33:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting danomanox,

IF U NEVER HEARD OF 'PREMADE' BEFORE...well...u never played an rts before...

He said 10 years in SC, but thats not RTS, right?

July 20, 2009 7:34:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting danomanox,
uhhhh....I NEVER SAID PREMADES ARE BAD (so get off ur high rocker and stop making false accusations)

See

U GUYS R RUINING THE GAME(AND CONTRIBUTING TO THE LACK OF COMMUNITY IN THIS GAME)

I think it is people like you who have ruined it, I should never have to advertise that I am playing with someone I know in any multiplayer game, especially not in a god damn custom game mode.

July 20, 2009 7:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

SC = StarCraft or Supreme Commander (being a 10 year claim he is obviously refering to StarCraft. (never heard of premade in either game...I'm sorry but I don't buy the 10 year....claim if thats the case)....and if u really have played for 10 years in RTS..and never heard of premade..well..nuff said...

July 20, 2009 7:37:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting danomanox,
uhhhh....I NEVER SAID PREMADES ARE BAD (so get off ur high rocker and stop making false accusations)....TEAM WORK IS GREAT..PLAYING WITH FRIENDS IS GREAT...

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD..LET US NOW IF UR PREMADE..INSTEAD OF COWERING in ur false illusions of greatness by not declaring it as such and then patting ur selves on the back for shallow win...

AND..IF U NEVER HEARD OF 'PREMADE' BEFORE...well...u never played an rts before...

Cheers.

Hey there danomanox!! I see you got all the lame responses for a legit post.  I feel sorry for ya.  I agree with ya tho, pre-mades need to state they are pre-mades, or go play other pre-mades.  That whole "false illusions of greatness" thing is great lol.  It's great cause it is so true how these pre-mades totally "pwn" you when they have VoIP and probably have a set stradegy... they just seem to only want victory and care about nothing else.  They do sorta ruin the game don't they??

IMO, with someone elses post, pre-mades and playing with friends are 2 different things.  I play with friends, but being a pre-made is totally different.

July 20, 2009 7:40:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Putting "PREMADE" in the title is just like saying "Please don't join my game, unless you're so new that you don't even know what a premade is."

Good luck trying get another premade to join yours.

-- Tukulis

July 20, 2009 7:41:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ItchyDustbin,

Oh or play 1vs1.

Oh, btw, do not mind the ten year olds.  We all know they run rampant, so don't sweat the small-fry's,

July 20, 2009 7:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Itchy u have to take post in context.....(not cut sentances apart and post em seperatly)...u know exactly what I'm bitching about...

Teams that are premades should declare them selves as such..instead of advertising PRO-ONLY, or some other bs..when they are clearly not a pug...this ruins the game for us puggers..as we all know pug vs premade = 80% chance premade wins....

(ok yeah..the % factor im pulling out of thin air..but u get my drift).

and for ur others claiming ..oh and ur grammer sux..(well I guess that must mean I'm not entitled to an opinion then..well I'm sorry I bow before ur greatness at grammer expertise).

July 20, 2009 7:46:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just another option for you to consider.... Host your own games and put no-premades in the title?  Just an idea.

-- Tukulis

July 20, 2009 7:46:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So we can agree you do not like a challenge or knowing your opponents will work together?

I think what most pugs want : is an easy win.

July 20, 2009 7:46:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Putting "PREMADE" in the title is just like saying "Please don't join my game, unless you're so new that you don't even know what a premade is."

Good luck trying get another premade to join yours.

-- Tukulis

oh..so tukulis..ur essentially admiting to the fact..that one premade will not play another because..why?? (premades afraid of fair fight..what gives?)

i.e. a premade should be eager to play another premade..and IMHO  are cowardly to not want to play another premade..but that just me....I guess...u fall in the camp of premade vs pug...I'm sorry to hear that...

July 20, 2009 7:47:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tukulis,
Just another option for you to consider.... Host your own games and put no-premades in the title?  Just an idea.

-- Tukulis

Actually I do host the vast majority of my own games....

July 20, 2009 7:49:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting danomanox,

i.e. a premade should be eager to play another premade..and IMHO  are cowardly to not want to play another premade..but that just me....I guess...u fall in the camp of premade vs pug...I'm sorry to hear that...

You actually have the gall to call other people cowardly, when you are actually COMPLAINING about anyone working together without telling you they're going to? Would you like to know my APM before we start too? Or maybe I should tell you what I had to drink before we play too, just incase the advantage from the caffeine in my system makes you lose.

July 20, 2009 7:51:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd quite like to play other premades.  The matching system makes it impossible though.  If you're trying to get 2 groups into 1 room with all sorts of random people joining... Well first you have to co-ordinate who's going into which room.  And if you're not already in there, some random folks probably are.  Then you start kicking people and... woopse.... the room/host crashes.  So you try it again.  Heck, today we took probably 30 minutes just to get a 5v5 going because of people joining and leaving, then the room crashing.  We had 5 different hosts before we got an actual game started... (then people rage quit, but that's a different story).

Another problem is that the premades numbers are often not the same.  When we're doing 3v3, some other team is doing 4v4.  Well... rats.  That's not going to work.

Get the team auto-matching in and make custom not count towards ranking.

-- Tukulis

July 20, 2009 7:59:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

IMO, with someone elses post, pre-mades and playing with friends are 2 different things. I play with friends, but being a pre-made is totally different.

Void this true and it isn't...but on the whole I somewhat agree..but here is where it gets hairy...

Early on playing with a few friends ur advantage over an pug..is somewhat small..

But the more you play with those set of friends...the more history/experience u have with respect to their skills/play style..etc..i.e. at what point does playing with friends transend into playing with a premade..I'm not sure...but when I suspect if know/trust the other toon to play intelegently..ur becoming a borderline premade..(again there is nothing wrong with this....but creating a title suggsting premade vs not..would help a lot..and negate the fact that some of have to bitch about premades).

I can't wait until 1.2 wiht the random team assignments... that will help alot..of course picking ur demigod vs the other teams..will be iffy.

July 20, 2009 8:08:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You actually have the gall to call other people cowardly, when you are actually COMPLAINING about anyone working together without telling you they're going to?

Yes I do have the 'gall' as u put it? I believe a premade vs a pug is 'cowardly' play..perhaps you don't feel that way..and in some dark twisted way believe that premade vs pug is a fair fight? I don't..I believe the advantage goes strongly to the premade..but please..I bid u......argue that the pug vs premade is in fact a fair faight..I look forward to pro/cons.

I often times become 'distraught' when hosting a game and I see that one team heavly overpowers another team..(in fact I occasionaly..I will just abandon the lobby)..because I don't believe in playing games where the outcome is predetermined (I prefer close games)...naturally telling someone in a pug v pug to change teams..results in...shouts of premade.and everyone quits..so I no longer try to 'balance games anymore' as that approach will fail.

Cheers

July 20, 2009 8:10:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting danomanox,

You actually have the gall to call other people cowardly, when you are actually COMPLAINING about anyone working together without telling you they're going to?

Yes I do have the 'gall' as u put it? I believe a premade vs a pug is 'cowardly' play..perhaps you don't feel that way..and in some dark twisted way believe that premade vs pug is a fair fight? I don't..I believe the advantage goes strongly to the premade..but please..I bid u......argue that the pug vs premade is in fact a fair faight..I look forward to pro/cons.

I often times become 'distraught' when hosting a game and I see that one team heavly overpowers another team..(in fact I occasionaly..I will just abandon the lobby)..because I don't believe in playing games where the outcome is predetermined (I prefer close games)...naturally telling someone in a pug v pug to change teams..results in...shouts of premade.and everyone quits..so I no longer try to 'balance games anymore' as that approach will fail.

Cheers

So you'd sooner close a lobby than face a challenge? Doesn't have anything to do with pre-mades, it's just you making this into a big problem.

July 20, 2009 8:13:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This post is as stupid as this one. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359659/#2309662

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.