The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Putting "NO PREMADE" in the game name, but playing as a pre-made team yourself

Shame on you.

By on July 20, 2009 2:34:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CosMoe

Join Date 06/2008
+25

Just wanted to show that to the community:

First Game

Second Game

Third Game

All 3 games this afternoon.

Locked Post 53 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 20, 2009 2:45:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lawl and you wonder if these people were fed paint chips as a kid.

July 20, 2009 2:45:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just consider yourself lucky that your not one of those people who has such low self esteem in there own premade that they only think they can beat unsespecting pugs. On the other hand... maybe there not premade. Maybe they just were randoms and had good success in the first game. So evertime he rehosted they just jumped back in to play. I've had that happen to me alot. In  fact thats how I got half the friends on my friend list.

July 20, 2009 2:51:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
July 20, 2009 3:13:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,
Game Four

Game Five

Game Six

Game Seven

Enough?
lol...

July 20, 2009 4:02:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think Cosmoe is actually wrong.  Look at the entire list of games played by WIP_PT during that period.  They only sometimes contain the same people, and all games were played in a 2 hour period.  Seems more like they just kept rejoining the same games.  They weren't even ALWAYS on the same team, meaning they weren't hosting together.

I've hosted 'no premade' games with similar results before, the same people keep joining and I end up with similar teams a few games in a row, especially if one game ends quick (Crash, insta-drop etc) it can make the list look confusing.

July 20, 2009 4:08:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi CosMoe,

i am the McGreg from the first 3 games.

I have to apologize, for the gametitle, but i wasn´t the one who hosted and i told him to change it but he wouldn´t because of:

1. we had met randomly
  2. we had no specific tactic
  3. we had no voice

At least i only played 3 games with them and i dont know what they do and if they are mates or whatever.

In fact it wasn´t a proper game title i can agree with that, but never the less i think if you would have been in our first game, maybe you would have lost too and until there i was a random player in our team, that´s for sure.

Greetings

McGreg

July 20, 2009 4:12:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zechnophobe,
I think Cosmoe is actually wrong.  Look at the entire list of games played by WIP_PT during that period.  They only sometimes contain the same people, and all games were played in a 2 hour period.  Seems more like they just kept rejoining the same games.  They weren't even ALWAYS on the same team, meaning they weren't hosting together.

I've hosted 'no premade' games with similar results before, the same people keep joining and I end up with similar teams a few games in a row, especially if one game ends quick (Crash, insta-drop etc) it can make the list look confusing.

But playing with people you know is a pre-made. You have an idea of how they play, of their skill level and of how well you work together even if it is a vague one, but it's already giving you the "lol premade advantage".

July 20, 2009 4:20:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So does that mean once you've played with someone, you can never play with them again if you want to host a no premade game?  After a couple 100 games you tend to know most the puggers that play in your timeframe.

July 20, 2009 5:33:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ItchyDustbin,

But playing with people you know is a pre-made. You have an idea of how they play, of their skill level and of how well you work together even if it is a vague one, but it's already giving you the "lol premade advantage".

But they played randomly together. I mean, you can't just tell people not to join your game because they happened to play the last game with you.  It isn't like we friended each other and then set up to play again, and called it 'no premade'.  I don't think a few random people playing the game over an hour or so constitutes 'premade'.

The point is either way, that he wasn't deliberately trying to fool someone into playing with his buddies, which is the accusation made by the Original Poster.

July 20, 2009 6:03:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you play halo you have an option to join up with all the people who put a check by there name. If you play either call of duty it doesn't spill you back out to the main screen. In fact in Call of Duty if no one quits its possible to play the next game with all the same people. So yes, I still agree that it was "random" but all the players just had fun and wanted to keep playing. Why don't you go rage about something important like High Priest glitch or the over use of HP/Regen stacking in this game.

July 20, 2009 6:43:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dyingsole,
If you play halo you have an option to join up with all the people who put a check by there name. If you play either call of duty it doesn't spill you back out to the main screen. In fact in Call of Duty if no one quits its possible to play the next game with all the same people. So yes, I still agree that it was "random" but all the players just had fun and wanted to keep playing. Why don't you go rage about something important like High Priest glitch or the over use of HP/Regen stacking in this game.
In Halo everybody can run around and do whatever they want and still win against a "premade" team...FPS and RTS aren't the same thing.

July 20, 2009 6:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Playing a couple games with the same people doesn't necessarily make them a premade.  Just because they know roughly how good their teammates are, they a) likely still have roughly the same communication as a PuG and other than spec (if they even play the same DG), they likely don't really have a good understanding of their teammates' strategies.

Having lunch with a person doesn't automatically make you close friends (or even friends for that matter).  Playing a match (or even two) with a person doesn't automatically make you a premade group.  (note that in both examples, there can be exceptions)

July 20, 2009 6:57:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol. This is still the only game I have seen where playing with friends is even an issue. Here is an example of some shaddy behavior, but still, it ultimatly does not guarentee anything. VoIP groups might win more on the average, but I doubt it is anything solid as to be a certain victory.

Also, Zed makes a solid point. Just because some people play together a few times in a row does not show any sort of practice routine to perform a specific strategy. Once the game has better clan support, maybe we will see a drop in the problems on both sides.

July 20, 2009 7:00:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

meh if the guy met these other people randomly and didn't have voice...then I don't think its such a huge deal that he titled his game no premade. If they were confident in each other though, they probably could of taken on a premade team with voice.

July 20, 2009 7:04:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dyingsole,

In Halo you are also matched against teams of the same size when you enter matchmaking.  If you join up with 8 people in the post game because you had fun with them, you will get placed against other 8 person teams, not 8 randoms (unless there happens to be only 8 randoms in the matchmaking queue)

I don't think these guys were trying to misname their game to get some advantage, but comparing Halo matchmaking to Demigod custom games is an apples to oranges kinda thing.

July 20, 2009 7:06:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol. This is still the only game I have seen where playing with friends is even an issue. Here is an example of some shaddy behavior, but still, it ultimatly does not guarentee anything. VoIP groups might win more on the average, but I doubt it is anything solid as to be a certain victory.

I don't really mind that people like playing with their friends.  It's not uncommon that I knowingly go into a match against a 2-person premade in 3v3 (more uncommon that I will go against a 3-person premade, though).

I just wish there was better support for premade vs premade gameplay, so I can more safely assume that the people in Custom Games are there for fun and not for competitiveness.  (Sorry, I don't like random map/random game mode of Pantheon/Skirmish)

July 20, 2009 7:15:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can we get over this premades crap, YOU BOUGHT THIS GAME KNOWING THAT IT IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME. so of course there are going to be premades/friends playing together.

for all those against premades STFU please, you are ruining the multiplayer aspect of this game.

how is a new group of friends who like to play with each other regularly going to enjoy this game when they get outcasted by their own community for playing with their friends?

our own community is actually ruining this game atm.

July 20, 2009 7:20:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,
can we get over this premades crap, YOU BOUGHT THIS GAME KNOWING THAT IT IS A MULTIPLAYER GAME. so of course there are going to be premades/friends playing together.

for all those against premades STFU please, you are ruining the multiplayer aspect of this game.

how is a new group of friends who like to play with each other regularly going to enjoy this game when they get outcasted by their own community for playing with their friends?

Amen brother.

July 20, 2009 7:59:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

I've got no problem playing against premades, which may partially explain my rather poor win/loss percentage.  I also enjoy a challenge so when i become good at playing a demigod I move onto another one to learn.  Right now i'm kinda stuck on trying to get good with the QOT (does anyone know if this is possible?!) and my percentage is going down the tubes real quick but thats neither here nor there.

If I see someone I've played with or against and had a good experience with I'll join their game, and don't really care if I'm on their team or not.  Either way I know i'm getting some good teamwork or good competition so I'm fine no matter what.

I don't understand how people are so incredibly concerned that 2 out of their 3 opponents have played together before and have a slight advantage.  Its really quite satisfying occasionally mopping the floor with a team of "premies" who are possibly on ventrilo with a random team which for me is worth all the beatdowns I've gotten.

Having said that, I think Ventrilo is a huge advantage in this game since there is no in game voice support and its incredibly annoying having the host continually kick people so his buddy (who sometimes never even shows) can get in the game.  Also, if I end up on the same side as my friends then great, but if not, theres no need to rudely order people to get on the other team.  Sometimes a game is funner playing against your friends rather than with them... but maybe thats just me.

And one more thing:  I suck at this game.  So, if I'm on a random team and we beat you... and you accuse us of being "Premades" then that means you REALLY suck!

July 20, 2009 8:06:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wasn't comparing the matchmaking system to Halo... I was merely comparing the fact that almost ANY OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAME regardless of its type (rpg, fps, mmo.) has always got options of going it alone or going up against groups of people who know each other. The point I was actually trying to make is exactly what Stacked said.

Who the hell cares. Just play. Every other game its cool to play with your friends but not here? Wake up people, grow some nuts, eat your loss like a man and move on. And don't say your worried about your stats, there going to be reset anyway.

The best advice I can give anyone is just get your own damn friends. Everybody whining about pugs vs. pre-mades are prolly the same guys who when they finally win with their pre-made screams "noob" "retard" and other such obscenities at the other team. Its just rediculous but who cares. Good ol' online gaming goodness for you right here...

July 20, 2009 8:13:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

Simple answer: If they deceive other players and enjoy bashing beginners.

1. I have absolutely nothing against pre-mades!
  2. I'm not against pre-mades fighting PuGs!
  3. I am against naming your games "NO PREMADES" when you yourself are in a pre-made team!!

The definition of what a pre-made team is is unclear, perhaps I'm even wrong with these examples, although it strongly seems otherwise: I only found out about this because I was on Wip_PT's side by chance and when the 3vs3 game became full quickly he opened up a fourth slot, let his teammate in and kicked me. I just wanted to warn others to not join his "no premades" games.

Hope that clears up my position on these things.

July 20, 2009 8:33:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If they deceive other players and enjoy bashing beginners.

imo, that is out of anyones control, you cant really fix that.

The definition of what a pre-made team is

premades are a pre-arranged group of people who do activities together. e.g. the team is "made" before a game starts.

I am against naming your games "NO PREMADES" when you yourself are in a pre-made team!!

fair enough.

just to note, my first post wasnt aimed at you. i was merely venting my frustrations as i am sick of people crying about premades being a problem for this game, which is totally wrong.

July 20, 2009 9:04:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,

Hell Yes.

July 20, 2009 11:46:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dyingsole,
I wasn't comparing the matchmaking system to Halo... I was merely comparing the fact that almost ANY OTHER MULTIPLAYER GAME regardless of its type (rpg, fps, mmo.) has always got options of going it alone or going up against groups of people who know each other. The point I was actually trying to make is exactly what Stacked said.

Who the hell cares. Just play. Every other game its cool to play with your friends but not here? Wake up people, grow some nuts, eat your loss like a man and move on. And don't say your worried about your stats, there going to be reset anyway.

The best advice I can give anyone is just get your own damn friends. Everybody whining about pugs vs. pre-mades are prolly the same guys who when they finally win with their pre-made screams "noob" "retard" and other such obscenities at the other team. Its just rediculous but who cares. Good ol' online gaming goodness for you right here...
lol and like i said you don't have to know anything about each other in halo to beat a team of premades easily because its not as much of a team oriented game.

July 21, 2009 5:25:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cosmoe u are totaly right thats rly poor

Guys Cosmoe has nothign against premades, but yeah its rly gay to name your game no premade and u play more than 3 games together.

The things u know after 3 games:

Skilling tree of his DG
How he plays in a Team(Heal, Stuns, Shields)
Is your mate a Noob or not

Yeah its no real Premade but its totaly not a non Premade.
And im sure 90% of this Players who join those games are noobs

cheers

pRoneG

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001141   Page Render Time: