350ms ping or less wont lag the game

By on July 17, 2009 12:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kokujin

Join Date 05/2009
+13

Just as the title says, pings under 350 wont lag the game out.

Its my effort to help ppl get more games going, including myself, and stop the hate towards ppl with 280.

Once a guy enter a game I created (no description from where in the world I'm hosting the game, no one would join if I did it) and said to me:

"ffs man, you should never host a game, look at your ping" and left the room.

So, again, 350ms ping wont lag the game.

If you enter a game and every one has pings under 350 and the game lags, it might be the sim speed or the upload speed of some one if bad, not the 280 ping from some guy, don't blame him.

350ms ping or less, wont lag the game, again and again.

Enjoy the game. 

Locked Post 82 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 18, 2009 3:12:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I refuse to repeat myself.  Deal with it.
I did, I made fun of you, remember?

To be honest I did actually read through that thread and tracked down your posts before my first response here in spite of the fact that you had no avatar at the time which made it a bit tedious (had to use search over and over) and they were spread across several pages.  When I saw you say "/thread" and genreally just act dismissive I decided to just make fun of you, as anyone who says that in earnest deserves it.

That being said, the part about 10 billion people in America made it all worth while.

July 18, 2009 3:14:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kokujin,

Quoting Sly_Squash, reply 24
True, topics are close but not identical.  350 ping (in general) vs. 350 ping (due to geographical location).
Could u elaborete a little more, u lost me

Sure.

This thread's OP argues 350ms ping is sufficient for suitable quality of service (QoS) to play this game.
The thread I'm linking to argues Aussies, with their ~350ms ping, have sufficient pings for suitable QoS to play this game.

Basically,
linked thread: 350ms ping AND Aussie = OK
this thread: 350ms ping = OK

I argued against the OP in the linked thread, and I am arguing against it here.  Many of the arguments in the linked thread still hold in this more general thread.

Quoting Obscenitor,

I refuse to repeat myself.  Deal with it.I did, I made fun of you, remember?

Unnecessary.  GTFO please?

Quoting Obscenitor,
Still, it's pretty obstinate of you to not even supply a line or two of explanation with your link

There is no need.  I made the claim that higher ping connections are more prone to lag the game.  This is pretty common-sense.

Quoting Obscenitor,
when you're willing to put even more time than that would take into responding to my fairly overt trolling.

Trolling?  GTFO please.  I'm interested in real discussions, like someone convincing me higher pings are LESS or EQUALLY likely to lag a game, rather than MORE likely.

July 18, 2009 3:16:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, lets try to build a common ground.

1) We all accept that less ping is better.

2) Pings that we can see in the lobby are not the only cause of lag. Sim is also important. Upload limits are important. etc...

4) Sometimes the game crashes or start to behave strange, got desync, lags, freezes and such.

So, what i think people should consider is this "Fact":

In all games that I played and some of other people in this tread played with pings under 350 we experienced in an empirical way that the difference between games with pings under 350 is unnoticeable.

Games can lag sometimes but they lag with pings ~350 as much as they do with pings ~150.

This is what we noticed.

July 18, 2009 3:25:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2) Pings that we can see in the lobby are not the only cause of lag. Sim is also important. Upload limits are important. etc...
I've never intentionally been in a game which started with someone over 300 ping in the lobby and yet I've been in quite a few laggy games, so that's definitely true.  However I think sim speed issues are really blown out of proportion.  My roomate's computer runs at 1-3 sim speed quite frequently and it's not noticeable (to me anyway) unless it dips below 1.  He's watching a slideshow, but it's still playing at full speed.

4) Sometimes the game crashes or start to behave strange, got desync, lags, freezes and such.
Where do those come from?  Not knowing exactly I do agree that having less intermediaries is going to reduce the probability of those occurences, and high pings are the best indicator that there's a lot of extra hardware between you and the other guy.

In all games that I played and some of other people in this tread played with pings under 350 we experienced in an empirical way that the difference between games with pings under 350 is unnoticeable.
That seems much more anecdotal than empirical to me.  I *think* I can see the game start to slow around 350, though it's possible it's other coincidental factors.
Games can lag sometimes but they lag with pings ~350 as much as they do with pings ~150.
I still think there's a correlation between the high pings and frequency of other connection issues.  In my experience there has been anyway.

July 18, 2009 3:29:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm interested in real discussions
pings above 150 are more likely to lag the game.  period.  kthxbai.
Whatever your intentions things like kthxbai and /thread belie your earnestness.

Regardless this thread has potential to be decent so I'll stop with the derailing.  I said what I wanted to say about your presentation of your opinions, I'm content to discuss the opinions themselves or leave the thread to people who will better than I can.

July 18, 2009 3:37:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,

Whatever your intentions things like kthxbai and /thread belie your earnestness.

You should probably get over that too.

Quoting Obscenitor,

Regardless this thread has potential to be decent so I'll stop with the derailing.

Appreciated.

Quoting Obscenitor,
I'm content to discuss the opinions themselves or leave the thread to people who will better than I can.

Appreciated.

Games lag when connections become unstable.

Connections become unstable for a myriad of reasons, but routing is the most relevant to pings.

Having a relatively high average ping of 350ms implies:
1.) Long geographical distance away (steadily increases propagation delay, where the speed of propagation is slightly slower than the speed of light, which really isn't that fast where we're talking about global RTTs) AND/OR
2.) Significant number of hops between the hosts

There is a third reason: low distance AND low number of hops BUT a high queuing delay on 1+ of the routers between the hosts.  I ignore this case because high queuing delay--> congestion on that link, and congestion --> dropped packets which means an unstable connection which means LAG so that is an auto-win for me.

Case #1 generally (but not always) implies case #2.  If there's more distance between two hosts, there is (almost) necessarily more routers.  The high base value of the latency due to the large propagation delay does make the connection more sensitive to lag spikes since any kind of queuing delay or dropped packets due to congestion on a link will immediately spike the connection into unacceptable territory.

In case #2, connections are more prone to lag because
- the more routers your packets go through, the more likely one will become congested, inducing further queuing delay and/or dropped packets.
- the more routers your packets go through, the more likely one will change a relevant route.  The new route could drastically spike pings.

In any case, multiplex each of these cases by considering there isn't just one "path" to a server to worry about congestion.  There are 2*n - 2 paths, where n is the number of participants in the game.  This means your connection is more sensitive to lag by an order of magnitude more than the "common" case where everyone simply connects to a server, as your connections TO EVERY OTHER PLAYER must be stable as well as your connections FROM EVERY OTHER PLAYER (as opposed to maintaining a single stable connection to/from a central server).

July 18, 2009 3:54:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i´ve played many games where simspeed and even the pings where fine (below 100 for the pings and above 5 for the sims), but still lagged like hell.

i guess there is always atleast one bastard in the game who causes trouble..

July 18, 2009 4:01:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Invisible_XXI,
i´ve played many games where simspeed and even the pings where fine (below 100 for the pings and above 5 for the sims), but still lagged like hell.

i guess there is always atleast one bastard in the game who causes trouble..

Generally this is due to anti-virus or another program analyzing the packets.

July 18, 2009 4:13:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a suspicion that one of the biggest issues is bad proxies/connections between individual players who say nothing about it pre-game.  What was an eye-opener for me was a week long period in which, for some reason, I got bad proxies over over.  The majority of the time when I was proxied to another player I would have about 600 ping to them, and it was definitely reflected in-game, it wasn't a display error on the ping.

I quickly learned that if I had a bad connection I needed to rejoin until I got the right proxies, and if there were multiple people in a game to whom I was going to have to establish a proxy connection it wasn't worth it. The problem though is that the majority of the time the other person to whom I had that poor connection would say nothing, which meant I had to explain to thehost who was egging me on to hit ready that I needed to rejoin a few more times.

What I've seen a few times since then is that a player will call out another player for having a high ping when I'll be well under 200 to both of them.  One time both were under 150 to me and they clearly just had a bad connection to each other, which sounds very similar to my temporary proxy issue.  

I suspect a lot of connection issues could be prevented if there were a way for the host to know if players have those high pings in the lobby, as they don't seem to understand that if the have an 80 ping to the host and 700 ping to another guy the hose isn'tgoing to be able to see that. The deference to the host's ping preference/judgement becomes part of the problem.

As for the statements about kicking people who have 200 ping because 'hey, why not if you have other people to take their place,' the problem is that the playerbase for this game really isn't so large that making it harder on people trying to find games is good in the long run.  

July 18, 2009 7:18:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have played with a number of Americans without issues even when my ping is 350. I took on GunslingerBara and 2 of his gunslinger mates with 2 randoms (assume US/Canada) - we won by the way - the game didn't lag. I was about 350 odd to all players. No complaints about speed, just a good game with a gg at the end...

Compare this to someone who is playing in Australia with me - 3v3 and all pings are sub 200. If the game lags and you press tab, you bet your ass it is 1 of 2 things

1) Someone's ping has spiked (talking 1000+ms here)

2) Their Sim Speed is low, even negative - this is the most common cause when pings are otherwise normal

As for the number of hops issues, some "locals" playing in America can have more hops then I do to someone else - especially if they are at a uni or somewhere like that with a complicated network.

July 18, 2009 7:24:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ping does not matter, as long as it is under 350. Even with all pings under 100 the game can lag.

July 18, 2009 8:42:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While technically less ping is better, in a game environment like Demigod's, where twitch reflexes are not of the same importance as, say, an FPS, where the game is supported through P2P rather than client server, and where the community frequently states that games fill up 'way too slowly', it seems silly to kick people because of moderate ping. But to each his own.

July 18, 2009 8:46:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Spooky is correct.

PING doesn't matter as long as it is under 350 ms. There is NO difference from a technical view between 50 or 300 ping. NONE. 

The engine autocompensates for all computers to have a 350 ms lag, always. Now what you would most likely experience is that ingame the ping is higher than in the lobby, meaning that it can cross the 350 ms barrier.

Also sly, I would argue you would need both a networking class and a physics class. The biggest distance possible between two players is a little more than 41000 km here on earth. Practically you will deal with much shorter distances, and lets take the america-aussieland example:http://www03.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance+sydney+new+york, 15000km. With C being 299 792 458 m / s your ping would be 50 ms(I think, atleast its super small).

The Speed of light has nothing to do with it, rather it has to do with the number of "hops"it has to make via "relay stations". Now this can be linked to distance, but the speed of light has nothing do  do with it.

July 18, 2009 12:04:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Spooky is correct.
Also sly, I would argue you would need both a networking class and a physics class. The biggest distance possible between two players is a little more than 41000 km here on earth. Practically you will deal with much shorter distances, and lets take the america-aussieland example:http://www03.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance+sydney+new+york, 15000km. With C being 299 792 458 m / s your ping would be 50 ms(I think, atleast its super small).

The Speed of light has nothing to do with it, rather it has to do with the number of "hops"it has to make via "relay stations". Now this can be linked to distance, but the speed of light has nothing do  do with it.

You have hearby disqualified yourself from this conversation IMO. 

1.) By your own link the distance is far closer to 16,000km than 15,000km.
2.) By your own calculations and assuming speed of light (which, as I stated, propagation speed is NOT... it is slower), you get 100ms, NOT 50ms.  You clearly do not understand that ping is a ROUND TRIP TIME, meaning TO the destination AND BACK.  100ms, notwithstanding the fact that the distance is actually longer and the speed is actually slower, is already significant delay.  Remember: this is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM time it takes to perform ONE EXCHANGE (send 1 packet and receive its acknowledgement); you are ignoring a multitude of other factors, SOME of which I'll outline as follows.  The point?  The speed  of light simply isn't fast enough for particularly low-latency global networking, no matter what hardware we throw at it.
3.) You assume a straight line from your source to your destination, which routing most certainly is not.  The additional propagation delay induced from all the misdirections further increases this base number.
4.) You assume no processing whatsoever.  When the packet is delivered to the destination it must be processed.  To be processed, the target system must interrupt the OS which must stop what its doing to deliver the packet to the target process which must read the packet, create a reply packet, and send it out the network interface, all of which can take time that may factor in at the millisecond granularity.

I won't get into ignoring the time that the packets spend in the routers themselves as this post dealt mostly with propagation speed, but recall that more distance almost invariably means more routers which logically does bring them into play with this discussion.

I would encourage you not to post if you do not understand what a ping actually is.

Quoting Spooky,
Ping does not matter, as long as it is under 350. Even with all pings under 100 the game can lag.

Pings under 100ms can lag is a true statement, as simspeed/packet analyzing programs can come into play regardless of latency.
In general, the higher the ping the more likely the game will lag is also true...

Quoting Hack78,

As for the number of hops issues, some "locals" playing in America can have more hops then I do to someone else - especially if they are at a uni or somewhere like that with a complicated network.

Complex networks like universities do increase hop counts, but are you assuming only Americans can reside in such networks?  Someone on the other side of the world is just as likely to reside in a complex network, meaning the average number of hops to get to the person will go from high to very high.

It's similar to claiming the people under X (say, 150ms) ping can still lag games due to simspeed/packet analyzing programs.  I ignore this because I assume every player is equally likely to run into problems for this reason; higher latency players just have more opportunities to increase lag and therefore a greater chance of doing so.

July 18, 2009 12:21:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sly_Squash,

In any case, multiplex each of these cases by considering there isn't just one "path" to a server to worry about congestion.  There are 2*n - 2 paths, where n is the number of participants in the game.  This means your connection is more sensitive to lag by an order of magnitude more than the "common" case where everyone simply connects to a server, as your connections TO EVERY OTHER PLAYER must be stable as well as your connections FROM EVERY OTHER PLAYER (as opposed to maintaining a single stable connection to/from a central server).

I have to agree, a 350ms ping has a higher probability to lag than a 150ms. Bc a minimal spike will cause the game to lag, while the 150ms ping needs a higher spike to cause the game to lag.

But...

Quoting lifekatana,
Spooky is correct.

The engine autocompensates for all computers to have a 350 ms lag, always. Now what you would most likely experience is that ingame the ping is higher than in the lobby, meaning that it can cross the 350 ms barrier.

I'm not saying this statement will cause a small spike to cause lag when ppl have lower ping (150ms). Well, what I can say is that every game I have played, almost 200, since the last patch that improved the connections I wasn't the cause of the game to lag, and my ping canot be lower than 240ms with anyone that plays the game, US, EU, AU. That what I can say about pings under 350ms. I will quote myself

Quoting Kokujin,

Check my game list. My last game last night, 4x4 Levi. My ping was 270-310 with every1, my upload speed is 256Kbps (nothing great eh?) Ask anyone that played the game if it lagged (course not). Game lenght was catas both sides, and I only played because Shade (another poster and player of DG) backed me up.

If this is something that happens consistently, pings near to 350 not lagging the game, whats the reason to not accept ppl with pings 280-350 to play a game u hosted?

I even managed to play games with 450 pings, 3x3, but lets not extrapolate.

July 18, 2009 12:28:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uhm my math is a bit lousy but... it's 50 ms, not 100 ms. 15000/30000 is 50 not 100, if you mean with Round trip time then yes. sorry dint mention that.

Propagation speed is almost the same as C.

3 and 4 are already mentioned, please read my post. 

Not that this has anything to do with lag.  If you're losing packets then yes it will stutter, and yes this can be partly attributed to distance(meaning more routers) but this has overwhemingly more to do haveing a good connection. Lag is also caused mreo often than not by a bad sytem(be it ram/CPU/GPU). Also, higher pings sometimes mean that people are located in less-connected areas, with older routers etc.

<150 games are pointless, the possibility that someone with a high ping has a lousy connection is not much bigger than that someone with a low ping has one. There is a name for these kind of people. PING NAZI'S.

July 18, 2009 12:30:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kokujin,

I have to agree, a 350ms ping has a higher probability to lag than a 150ms. Bc a minimal spike will cause the game to lag, while the 150ms ping needs a higher spike to cause the game to lag.

I appreciate this; it's a decent way of thinking about it.  Also, not not only are the spikes more significant but are more likely to occur...

Quoting Kokujin,

The engine autocompensates for all computers to have a 350 ms lag, always. Now what you would most likely experience is that ingame the ping is higher than in the lobby, meaning that it can cross the 350 ms barrier.

1.) How do you know what the game engine does?  Do you have access to source code we don't?  If so, please share so that we can hold this discussion on common ground.

2.) Autocompensation huh... Explain what this means and how you can "auto-compensate" for information you don't have.

Quoting lifekatana,
Uhm my math is a bit lousy

The math is fine; it's your understanding of networking concepts that may be lacking.

Quoting lifekatana,

but... it's 50 ms, not 100 ms. 15000/30000 is 50 not 100.

True, 15000/30000 is 50... but, if you send a packet to someone and it takes 50ms for them to receive it (on propagation delay alone), how do you KNOW they received it?  Well, because they'll send a packet back to you (an acknowledgement).  That packet faces the same delay; here we're only talking about (direct) propagation delay.  Hence the ack takes 50ms too... 50ms + 50ms = 100ms... good times.

Quoting lifekatana,
if you mean with Round trip time then yes. sorry dint mention that.

It's not what I mean... it's what ping means...

Quoting lifekatana,

Lag is also caused mreo often than not by a bad sytem(be it ram/CPU/GPU).

And since it is fairly safe to assume someone with a high ping is just as likely to lag the game for this reason as someone with a low ping, one can extrapolate that they are more likely to lag the game overall since they are also more likely to lag the for other reasons.

July 18, 2009 12:40:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because it's the same as supcom's engine. And it was confirmed there was a netlag of 350. 

I think, but don't take me on it, that every update of game state is "slowed" to exactly 350 ms, now if you have a 100 ping with someone and he recieves a gamestate, the game state will only show on his screen 250 ms later. English is not my native laguage, so someone else can explain this is greater detail.

On your edit: How are they more likely to lag for other reasons?? 

July 18, 2009 12:40:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sly,

Without being rude as you appear to be THE opposing viewpoint here, please factor this is in.  You pick a specific ping that you believe is great (150).  I suggest another lower ping based on your logic (70), which you agree would be even better or less likely to lag out.  As you seem fairly well reasoned out, you would also agree that other factors CAN cause lag outside of ping that have nothing to do with ping (bandwidth, sim speed etc).  So, you cannot logically say that a specific ping might be more likely to lag out based on ping alone and you can just argue that the lower the ping the better. 

Now, back to real life experience, which is what I believe the people getting kicked from games actually care about OUTSIDE of this argument.  In my experience, I do not believe I have ever experienced lag with anyone with 350-370 ping.  I don't feel any need to kick those people from my games.  I have had lag with 400 plus, so I typically do not even try to play with people in the range.  I'm not at all saying your argument is invalid (the one I didn't read, but is implied - the lower the ping, the less likely you'll get lag), I'm saying that a substantial amount of the community would be excluded if everyone kicked players with > 150 and it's not necessary to have a lag free game.  I'm pretty sure this thread was started because individuals are alienated for having a high ping when in reality, you could play with them without any lag.  A more fair statement on your part would be, yes, I can play with people with pings in the 350-370 range without any lag, but I'm less likely to have a game experience lag at lower pings.  Maybe give it a shot and report your results. 

July 18, 2009 12:42:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In general, the higher the ping the more likely the game will lag is also true...
Maybe, but we will never know the exact cause of the lag in any case.

However, it would help if we had access to the console in Demigod, so we can bring up ren_showNetworkStats as in Supreme Commander. With that, we could at least reliably (more or less) identify who is causing the lag (i.e. the person who is behind in packets when the lag occurs) and then the victim could try to take actions against the lag or the others could help him solve the problem for example.

July 18, 2009 1:02:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
Because it's the same as supcom's engine. And it was confirmed there was a netlag of 350. 

Netlag is like a unicorn... it doesn't exist.  Go on; google it.  Here, I did it for you.  Looks like a term the marketing department of GPG made up to confuse you.

Quoting pacov,
Sly, without being rude as you appear to be THE opposing viewpoint here, please factor this is in.

Pacov,

I'm a Ph.D student in computer science.  My research focus is delay and disruption tolerant networking (we are working with NASA in developing a more robust protocol than TCP/IP to deal with very high latency and high loss connections, such as deep space internetworking).  I quite honestly don't give a flip about if a bunch of people who don't even know what ping actually is disagree with my assertions.

Quoting pacov,

You pick a specific ping that you believe is great (150).  I suggest another lower ping based on your logic (70), which you agree would be even better or less likely to lag out.

Lower pings are better, but at some point you need to move from theoretical to practical and identify a relatively safe practical threshold.  For me, 150 is a good number, and the lower the better. 

Quoting pacov,

As you seem fairly well reasoned out, you would also agree that other factors CAN cause lag outside of ping that have nothing to do with ping (bandwidth, sim speed etc).  So, you cannot logically say that a specific ping might be more likely to lag out based on ping alone and you can just argue that the lower the ping the better.

Yes, I can. 

Let's say the probability of inducing lag BECAUSE OF UNRELATED ISSUES is X.
Let's say the probability of inducing lag AS CONNECTED TO PING is Y.
The probability of inducing lag PERIOD is thus X + Y.

Let A be a person with a low ping (30ms) and B be a person with a high ping (350ms).

X ( B ) = X ( A ), since there is no justifiable reason to conclude anyone is more likely to lag the game for reasons unrelated to ping than anyone else.
Y ( B ) > Y ( A ), since person B is more likely to cause lag due to latency-related issues than person A

Thus, the overall likelihood of inducing lag, X+Y, is greater for person B than person A.
i.e. [X ( B ) + Y ( B )] > [X ( A ) + Y ( A )], where X ( B ) = X ( A ) AND Y ( B ) > Y ( A )

Fairly logical, no?

As for the real life stuff, I don't care.. as I said a few isolated high ping games that do not lag are not sufficient to disprove my argument.  You need a large sample size or to point out a flaw in the theoretical reasoning.   I'm not saying kick high ping players; I am simply advising they are more likely to lag.

July 18, 2009 1:07:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Netlag is not a unicorn... Netlag is set at 350 ms in Demigod and 500 ms in Supreme Commander. And netlag works as described.

Lower pings are better
Lower pings aren't better. It just does not matter. A low ping in the lobby won't help you in predicting that someone has insufficient upload bandwidth or that someones packets are delayed for unkown reasons etc.

July 18, 2009 1:08:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Sly,

Without being rude as you appear to be THE opposing viewpoint here, please factor this is in.  You pick a specific ping that you believe is great (150).  I suggest another lower ping based on your logic (70), which you agree would be even better or less likely to lag out.  As you seem fairly well reasoned out, you would also agree that other factors CAN cause lag outside of ping that have nothing to do with ping (bandwidth, sim speed etc).  So, you cannot logically say that a specific ping might be more likely to lag out based on ping alone and you can just argue that the lower the ping the better. 

Now, back to real life experience, which is what I believe the people getting kicked from games actually care about OUTSIDE of this argument.  In my experience, I do not believe I have ever experienced lag with anyone with 350-370 ping.  I don't feel any need to kick those people from my games.  I have had lag with 400 plus, so I typically do not even try to play with people in the range.  I'm not at all saying your argument is invalid (the one I didn't read, but is implied - the lower the ping, the less likely you'll get lag), I'm saying that a substantial amount of the community would be excluded if everyone kicked players with > 150 and it's not necessary to have a lag free game.  I'm pretty sure this thread was started because individuals are alienated for having a high ping when in reality, you could play with them without any lag.  A more fair statement on your part would be, yes, I can play with people with pings in the 350-370 range without any lag, but I'm less likely to have a game experience lag at lower pings.  Maybe give it a shot and report your results. 

Thank you my good friend,

Well, his words, my words.

As for this:

Quoting Sly_Squash,

As for the real life stuff, I don't care.. as I said a few isolated high ping games that do not lag are not sufficient to disprove my argument.  You need a large sample size or to point out a flaw in the theoretical reasoning.   I'm not saying kick high ping players; I am simply advising they are more likely to lag.

Man, Phd or not, take it easy brother, there is life outside books. As phd is for I'm getting my own right now as well, not in this particular field, so I can't argue against u or not. I'm, yes, interested in real life, but if theoretical rationality > life experience, God forbid man to evolve and create new theories.

July 18, 2009 1:35:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As for the real life stuff, I don't care..

Apparently so. 

July 18, 2009 5:45:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know what ping is.   

If you don't believe in netlag, maybe ask a dev? 

P.S. lol at GPG marketing department.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.