The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestion]Option to turn off Minion AI

By on July 17, 2009 9:30:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I consider myself decent at controlling minions

but countless times i have just given my monks the order to draw back just to have them run foward to get in attack range the next second.

Take the gold flag on cataract for example, i just want to cap it out of tower range, but my minions won't stop running into them...

Or when i want to help my assassin-ally by accompanying with one of my two priests i send it next to the tower in his lane,

but as soon as an enemy gets into its aggro range it follows him till it dies...

I'd love to have the option to completely turn the Minion-AI on/off cia hotkey, allowing them only to move or attack when i tell them to

what do you guys think?

+2 Karma | 13 Replies
July 17, 2009 9:36:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

July 17, 2009 10:10:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes please

July 17, 2009 10:14:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed.

July 17, 2009 11:00:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMFG /SIGNED.

July 17, 2009 11:20:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Signed

July 17, 2009 6:00:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes

July 18, 2009 2:34:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes

Call it aggressive mode, and passive mode.

Passive mode they move when you tell them to, and stand there otherwise

July 18, 2009 3:36:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anything to stop my monks from suiciding. they can shoot! But just *stand there* and shoot.

July 18, 2009 4:00:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When i play as a caster in Titan Quest:IT there is a minion interface  which allow when right click show 3 mode

Offensive mode: attack when enemy is in range

Normal mode: this mode i m not sure what it does cos i rarely use this mode

Defensive mode: only attack when you are hit

By right clicking the minion interface it allow the minion to move to a particular location on the map.

July 18, 2009 4:09:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Mindraker,
Yes

Call it aggressive mode, and passive mode.

Passive mode they move when you tell them to, and stand there otherwise

Yes please.

July 18, 2009 1:21:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Turn on/off, I could live with either... but if left on, I think what they really need to do is reduce the range of which the minions aggro at. It seems that they aggro at things far away from your hero, and that is why they go running off. They should only aggro things very very close to them, IMO, which would keep 'em from running off.

Anyways, I agree that they are annoying, they run off when you don't want them too, and it makes more micro-managing work when they do this and I agree something should definately be done with them.

One other thing I wouldn't mind seeing them have, like most units in RTS games have now, is unit modes. So you could assign your minions as passive, defensive, or offensive.

July 18, 2009 1:36:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/Signed

July 18, 2009 3:56:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh God yes /signed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.