The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Can We Get An Update?

By on July 16, 2009 11:37:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These forums are so much awesomer when Frogboy is posting around. I had a gameless night tonight. I'm still having trouble with time outs in online games and there are some simple bugs to fix in game as well like the 3rd level priests. I even think the valor flag bug exists? I feel like GPG is screwing us for SupCom 2.

+37 Karma | 70 Replies
July 16, 2009 11:44:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed.  Looking forward to some new features in 1.2, but I'd hope there is some sort of bug fix patch in the works and that we could actually get some news about it. 

July 16, 2009 11:58:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Things take time. It seems like their aim is to get all those features that should of been in the game, in the game. Along with 1 or 2 bug fixes per update. This makes it take forever for all the bugs to go away, but it does allow them to get new content into the game sooner.

I really would like to see just a bug patch either before 1.2 or very soon after 1.2 though. At least half of the current bugs are likely easy fixes that just take plenty of time to deal with.

July 17, 2009 12:05:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only want the pathfinding issues to be resolved, after that, i can easily wait 1 year for 1.2.

July 17, 2009 12:23:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Things take time. It seems like their aim is to get all those features that should of been in the game, in the game. Along with 1 or 2 bug fixes per update. This makes it take forever for all the bugs to go away, but it does allow them to get new content into the game sooner.

The thing is that some of these bugs dont take time to fix.  The Sedna High Priest nonsense should take a minimal amount of time to fix for example.  I dont really get why stuff like that is still around since its been known about forever.

July 17, 2009 12:26:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just because the issue seems small, doesn't mean it actually is. For the numbers to not work together as intended means there is something wrong on a deeper level than just a simple number in a line of code needing to be changed.

July 17, 2009 12:45:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can We Get An Update?

na, they are working on supcom 2 instead

July 17, 2009 12:48:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ppl need to stop griping about wanting everything NOW NOW NOW!!!  Like everyone else crying about wanting more content NOW NOW NOW!!!  The game came out 3 months ago...relax and let it take it's course...  dam, wanting everything, I'll bet u tools also want that Universal Health Care too...  kids.

July 17, 2009 12:57:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ZehDon
Just because the issue seems small, doesn't mean it actually is. For the numbers to not work together as intended means there is something wrong on a deeper level than just a simple number in a line of code needing to be changed.

wtf are you talking about? The high priest bug is two characters.

July 17, 2009 1:02:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No excuse for 3 months in and still having the game in its current state. GPG just gave up on it.

July 17, 2009 1:04:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GPG just gave up on it.

QFT!

July 17, 2009 1:07:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

agreed.. lately it definately feeling like this communitee has been somewhat abandoned as of late.  sine SD had Elemental and GPG had SupCom 2 this seems to have been back shelved, hence why modders need to be given a chance to improve the game.

and...

Ppl need to stop griping about wanting everything NOW NOW NOW!!! Like everyone else crying about wanting more content NOW NOW NOW!!! The game came out 3 months ago...relax and let it take it's course... dam, wanting everything, I'll bet u tools also want that Universal Health Care too... kids.

i'm from canada so i already have Universal Health Care...

July 17, 2009 1:15:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow,
wtf are you talking about? The high priest bug is two characters.

I'm talking about this attitude, actually.

July 17, 2009 1:22:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Quoting Shadow, reply 8wtf are you talking about? The high priest bug is two characters.
I'm talking about this attitude, actually.

As in, I can go in and fix the priest bug in 5 minutes without my game breaking. It's only one character; a 3 changing to a 2 isn't going to break the game. AND it's in the lua files as well, which means it takes even less time to fix.

July 17, 2009 1:28:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wasn't aware of that; my apologies. My understanding of the issue was Sedna's ability didn't correctly mix with the High Priests' resulting in them granting better healing than their upgrade as opposed to this 'mixing' being dictated by a clear and readable table.
This has been presented to the developers/publishers, complete with modified files, in an appropriately named thread then?

July 17, 2009 1:36:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Code: c#
  1. BuffBlueprint {
  2.     Name = 'HighPriest03HeroHealHealingWindBuffl01',
  3.     Debuff = false,
  4.     DisplayName = 'Heal',
  5.     BuffType = 'HIGHPRIESTHEALTH',
  6.     Stacks = 'ALWAYS',
  7.     Duration = 0,
  8.     DamageFriendly = true,
  9.     DamageSelf = true,
  10.     Affects = {
  11.         Health = {MaxHealthPercent = 0.30},
  12.     },
  13. }

change to

Code: c#
  1. BuffBlueprint {
  2.     Name = 'HighPriest03HeroHealHealingWindBuffl01',
  3.     Debuff = false,
  4.     DisplayName = 'Heal',
  5.     BuffType = 'HIGHPRIESTHEALTH',
  6.     Stacks = 'ALWAYS',
  7.     Duration = 0,
  8.     DamageFriendly = true,
  9.     DamageSelf = true,
  10.     Affects = {
  11.         Health = {MaxHealthPercent = 0.20},
  12.     },
  13. }

in Demigod\dgdata.zip\units\Minions\HighPriest\HighPriest03_Abilities.lua'

line 68

July 17, 2009 1:41:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a feeling we wont see another patch for atleast a month and if its longer than that this game is as good as dead.

July 17, 2009 2:06:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't feel Stardock screwed us for Elemental.

I feel GPG screwed us for SupCom 2. Right now, I'm hoping that game flops. It Chris Taylor's child, so it gets all the attention. Maybe that hope will change if GPG gets its act together. Otherwise I'm never buying GPG again and I'll make my opinion known to people considering it.

July 17, 2009 2:13:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Er.. thanks Woppin. Not sure why you posted that, you explained it already, but thanks for the visual clerification.

July 17, 2009 2:26:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Er.. thanks Woppin. Not sure why you posted that, you explained it already, but thanks for the visual clerification.

Anything to avoid doing work.

July 17, 2009 3:01:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's why you're my Hero, Wop.

July 17, 2009 4:47:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why does healing wind buff the priest healing anyway?

July 17, 2009 5:35:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Schobbo,
why does healing wind buff the priest healing anyway?

It's part of the ability...

I feel it's one of the better skills for Sedna, it actually helps a Sed player heal teammates and provide support rather than Inner Grace which only affects the Sed, and Magnificent Presence which provides only a tiny cooldown buff for allies.

Whether it's balanced or not is another question, having a Sedna that is disallowing enemy priest heals through Counter-Healing and buffing friendly ones through Wind II is a great advantage once creep upgrades start rolling out.

I don't see the skill line as being unbalanced or gamebreaking, but maybe people who have to play against it feel differently.

July 17, 2009 5:50:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I disagree, that tiny cooldown bonus can make the difference, especially when it comes to things that normally have abhorrent cooldowns. Oak's Shield, for example. And just for damage dealing abilities, being able to burst again that 1-2 seconds faster than your opponent can be enough to throw them off your "cycle", making them unable to interrupt your ability with their own stun. MagPres tends to take a secondary priority on my Sednas but I do try to raise it when I can, especially because, well, selfishly speaking, I need to be able to spam Pounce and Heals for damage and... healing.

July 17, 2009 11:08:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On topic - anyone from SD willing to comment?  Is there a bug fix in the works that we can expect prior to 1.2?

July 17, 2009 11:45:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LoL>Demiflop!!!!! ZAMG

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.