The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Favor Item: "Mark of the Failer"

[sarcasm alert]

By on July 9, 2009 10:31:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There've been a lot of recent posts about new favor item ideas. I know the lack of favor items that are worth getting has been a source of frustration to the community for a while. So I thought maybe I could come up with an item to add to the list of widely favored favor items, and it took me about 20 seconds to come up with this.

Mark of the Failer

Here's how it works. You get into a 1v1 fight with an enemy DG and IT'S ON. After a few chaotic seconds, the dust settles and either you or your opponent has died. If it's the other guy who died and you got this favor item, a laughtrack plays for a couple of seconds (I'm thinking it would play for everyone in the game, but if that's too OP then maybe just for the killer and the die'er) and a message appears on the screen saying "[Player who failed] HAS FAILED" and whether that should be for all to see is up for debate too.

If the next time that same matchup comes up the same result happens, the message could say "[Player who failed] HAS  DOUBLE-FAILED" and if that player is unfortunate/sucky enough to die to the same person a third time, instead of a laughtrack playing you could have that stutter-shout voice from CS say "M-M-M-M-MONSTER FAIL."

Don't get me wrong- I'm not just posting this because I think it's a cool idea but I wouldn't use it if it did exist. I know that if this existed I would pick this item any game I wasn't feeling ultra-competitive (and that's prolly 3/4 of the games I play). This item would be worth abstaining from BOF or what-have-you. Maybe it should be given some passive boost like adding a couple hundred hp to your demigod to make it more viable?

What do you guys think? I would seriously use this favor item. Would anyone else?

+6 Karma | 16 Replies
July 9, 2009 10:32:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

youre funny

July 9, 2009 10:53:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think its stupid ...

July 9, 2009 11:51:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL" is originally from Unreal Tournament and not CS... I could be wrong.

I like this though because it would bring some laughs.

July 10, 2009 12:47:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL" is originally from Unreal Tournament and not CS... I could be wrong.

No, you're correct. It is from Unreal Tournament.

July 10, 2009 1:24:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol not usefull topic

July 10, 2009 3:05:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No.

July 10, 2009 5:32:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guys, I know it's stupid, but... did you see the topic's subtitle? Can't we have a little fun discussing it as if it was a serious idea? I was just hoping for some silly fun. Wasn't expecting to be taken seriously.

July 10, 2009 5:43:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Alterschism. It's awesome, DO want.

July 10, 2009 1:52:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i missed the description, but I knew you were being sarcastic. I thought it was kinda funny.

July 11, 2009 1:19:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would pick this item every time. +1 for having a sence of humor!

July 12, 2009 12:40:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol ... i never look at the sub-description. i also knew it was supposed to be sarcastic ... but i think it was a bit of a failure lol.

July 13, 2009 4:36:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just  having the ability to chat to others is more than enough method to annoy people that care to look...

This idea is Marked for failure before you even stopped typing...

Hahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhaah

-The Joker

July 16, 2009 1:17:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually think there is some viability to cheap favor items that don't affect gameplay but introduce fun/flavorful elements.

Jester's Scepter: The announcer taunts anyone you kill or force to run away. "Coward! Run like a little girl!"

Ring of Masculine Confidence: Turns your Demigod pink (male Demigods only.)

Cloak of Suburbius: Rook only. Adds a tiny backyard and tiny swimming pool on Rook's back, along with a patio and tasteful lawn furniture.

Helium Clasp: Makes the Demigod's voice high and squeaky.

Crown of Bigocity: Greatly enlarges the Demigod's head.

Freudian Slippers: Gender-swaps the Demigod.

Rave Staff: Torch Bearer only. Replaces ice effects with smoke, and his fire effects with dazzling laser displays. Staff glows in various colors.

etc, etc.

July 16, 2009 3:04:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"[Player who failed] HAS FAILED"

Alterschism HAS FAILED

lol funny idea bro +1

July 16, 2009 3:25:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cant tell if your serious or not...

July 16, 2009 5:36:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DoctorAwesome,
I actually think there is some viability to cheap favor items that don't affect gameplay but introduce fun/flavorful elements.

Jester's Scepter: The announcer taunts anyone you kill or force to run away. "Coward! Run like a little girl!"

Ring of Masculine Confidence: Turns your Demigod pink (male Demigods only.)

Cloak of Suburbius: Rook only. Adds a tiny backyard and tiny swimming pool on Rook's back, along with a patio and tasteful lawn furniture.

Helium Clasp: Makes the Demigod's voice high and squeaky.

Crown of Bigocity: Greatly enlarges the Demigod's head.

Freudian Slippers: Gender-swaps the Demigod.

Rave Staff: Torch Bearer only. Replaces ice effects with smoke, and his fire effects with dazzling laser displays. Staff glows in various colors.

etc, etc.

Haha i would love all of these .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.