Over and out

By on July 9, 2009 6:02:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dosinho

Join Date 03/2009

Over and out.

I ll try to get a key to the pms so far.

Cheers

Locked Post 27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 9, 2009 11:59:20 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Been looking for a beta key all day, i dont know how to send private messages on this site but my email is tanner2vs@aim.com

July 9, 2009 12:07:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hit the users name and menu shows up

July 9, 2009 12:11:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure why blizzard hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

July 9, 2009 12:34:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WickedBear,
Not sure why blizzard hasn't filed a lawsuit yet.

the only way i think blizzard could make more people angry is if they didn't put LAN in starcraft 2.

(see what i did there)

they didn't make DOTA, and so what if S2 were inspired by dota? they didn't take characters out of Warcraft, they didn't take the engine, they didn't do anything illegal. is blizzard gonna sue GPG cause of demigod?

I think those WW2 game makers should sue those WW2 game makers who should be sued by those WW2 vets...

July 9, 2009 12:42:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they didn't make DOTA, and so what if S2 were inspired by dota?

Blizzard owns ALL content associated with wc3, including maps made with their map editor.

The game looks like an exact clone of dota, thats why they're at risk. They added no originality, just seems like a direct clone to me. Demigod did not go this route, demigod is a unique game completely with only slight similarities.

July 9, 2009 12:55:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WickedBear,

they didn't make DOTA, and so what if S2 were inspired by dota?
Blizzard owns ALL content associated with wc3, including maps made with their map editor.

The game looks like an exact clone of dota, thats why they're at risk. They added no originality, just seems like a direct clone to me. Demigod did not go this route, demigod is a unique game completely with only slight similarities.

they didn't copy maps, they used the idea

could they sue? sure they could try. what would they say? "YOU USED AN IDEA THAT WE DIDN'T COME UP WITH!"

it wouldnt get anywhere, and even if it did, who'd benefit? i don't see blizzard making a dota game. so dota players are stuck with dota. that would upset the community going to play the new one, the people not leaving would be fine, ultimately, more people are upset

remember, just because you can, doesn't mean you should

July 9, 2009 1:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I was blizzard I would sue for getting people away from my products. You don't understand business law if you're under the assumption that this is about "an idea". The fact is, they pretty much cloned this game. At least, from what I see. Just looking at the minimap I could tell it was a direct clone. 

Who'd benefit? Blizzard obviously, with lots and lots of money.

Not having lan won't kill SC2, it's a good business choice they made imo. You couldn't pry SC2 from other nations if you tried. Especially in regards to WC3, where most people don't even log into battlenet anymore.

Some in the community might be upset, but if they love dota that much they'll get over it. No good customers will be lost from making them stay Blizzard-only.

July 9, 2009 3:41:58 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I clicked on the username but couldnt find where to send pms. 

I dont think blizzard will sue because they wouldnt lose any money from people not playing dota.  Also, blizzard has a good relationship with its customers and wouldnt want to anger them by ruining a dota like project that IceFrog himself approved.

July 9, 2009 3:55:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who the hell is IceFrog? Unless hes a blizzard employee I don't think hes authorized to do anything regarding blizzard's intellectual property. And if hes some important DotA figure, DotA was founded and supported by Eul, to say it was anyone else's is ludicrus.

Yes they would sue from lost revenue of advertising on battle.net. Yes this could potentially prevent dota from making its way into SC2 somehow, or even WC4. Maybe they had their own plans to release a project? There could be countless reasons they would want to sue. Customer backlash would be minimal at best.

July 9, 2009 3:58:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i wasn't under the impression blizzard needs more money. and i don't think you understand business law as much as you make it out to be. i'm no expert, but if you can provide some examples that'd be great  because clearly you know more than me.

"if they love dota that much they'll get over it" - have you heard of DRM? DRM is bad, people don't like DRM, people pass up games with DRM just because DRM. What does that mean - upset customers don't use products. upset dota fans won't just accept blizzard shutting down a game for no good reason. gamers, for whatever reason, feel entitled to everything, and so, if blizzard sued, they'd be angry, cause as stated, no good can come fom it(they wouldnt get millions of dollars from the suit, the negative publicity would probably end up costing them more).

Should blizzard sue tower defnse games? im pretty sure I played a game mode in starcraft where i set up whatever the zerg sentry/turrent, shooter things were called, and killed creeps.

S2 already has the lore in a sense(savage 2 takes place in newerth, heroes of newerth, don't need to go further). they aren't taking blizzard's engine. they are not taking their art. they asked the creator of DOTA to make this, and was approved, EVEN though the creator of dota is working on League of legends, which is the same thing

so first off, if blizzard can sue this, thousand of other cases can be made for others games. second, if they waited this long into development of the game, that would look extremely bad and douchbag like. if they were to sue LoL and HoN that would be unbelievable, especially after how much the creator of DOTA did for wc3.

blizzard employees are working on LoL, they left blizzard, and now working on that. blizzard probably knows the game is out there( i can't guarentee that, i know no one at blizzard), they could of stopped it a while ago

TL;DR

if blizzard can sue in this case, thousand of other cases possible(unless i'm missing the HoN team stealing art or something)

don't need money

if they sue now, they look like asses, they probably lose more money from customers

July 9, 2009 4:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The creator of DOTA is Eul, i sincerely doubt hes involved in any of these projects as he lost interest in it.

Blizzard can sue anything that is pretty much a direct copy of what it is. People who pass up games because of DRM, are people too cheap to buy the game anyway. I've never met somone in my life that said "oh yeah.. I didn't buy that game because I could only play it if i paid for it".

Blizzard wouldn't sue over a tower defense map, because none of them had a centralized large mass of followers like DOTA did.

What does savage 2 have to do with any of this?

i wasn't under the impression blizzard needs more money. and i don't think you understand business law as much as you make it out to be. i'm no expert, but if you can provide some examples that'd be great  because clearly you know more than me.

Read that 45 page long agreement you have to agree to before you install a map editor / and or warcraft.

Heres an example: Blizzard stopped me from selling my wow account for 1600$ saying they owned it.

I'm not saying they WILL sue, but i'm personally suprised they havn't. Blizzard fans don't flock away from their products lightly.

July 9, 2009 4:16:02 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Fact ist that blizzards owns all content made with their world editor.

And they did not just copy the map, some models look pretty similiar to wc3 ones.

Not to mention the ui, which wouldnt be a problem by itself, but the sum of all this seroiusly may be too much.

Also, who needs another dota clone? its not like there were not already 100+ ones in wc3 itself.

Should blizzard sue tower defnse games? im pretty sure I played a game mode in starcraft where i set up whatever the zerg sentry/turrent, shooter things were called, and killed creeps.

Show me a commercial tower defense map which even copied the map and towers from wc3.

Oh hey, starcraft is a blizzard game so wtf?

July 9, 2009 4:29:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you two saying they should sue is a great example of our legal system: dear god that things seems similar, we should sue

please, give me a valid reason for them to sue. i'll even let you assume they can shut s2 down and get some cash.

but hey, we were making a dota game!!!1!!1 - letting people work on a huge project that is what they are getting money to live off of then shutting it down now is f***ed up. blizzard is a pretty damn good company, pr and all(see thousand of account recovery tales, the WoW forums to get class suggestions, etc), they probably would not do this

but, but, but mommy we were gonna have a level editor on wc4 so, so, so then a new dota could arrise. F***ing great business plan, sit on your ass and hope: no sympathy there

but we want the money for WoW 2!!! - go f*** yourselves, they have money, they don't need more, and S2 isn't a loaded company

they don't need the money, they could of shut them down earlier if they wanted, saying that a new dota could be made for wc4 isn't a legit reason, so they don't need to sue

And guess what - if they did make a dota game, everyone would buy it, they don't need to stomp the competition, they are blizzard, they make damn good games, they don't need to close companies

so please, give me one good reason for them to sue? you may be right, maybe i'm just missing a huge idea, but all logic seems to lead to the fact they aren't going to sue and they should not

if i'm missing something please inform me

July 9, 2009 4:40:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you two saying they should sue is a great example of our legal system: dear god that things seems similar, we should sue

please, give me a valid reason for them to sue. i'll even let you assume they can shut s2 down and get some cash.

but hey, we were making a dota game!!!1!!1 - letting people work on a huge project that is what they are getting money to live off of then shutting it down now is f***ed up. blizzard is a pretty damn good company, pr and all(see thousand of account recovery tales, the WoW forums to get class suggestions, etc), they probably would not do this

but, but, but mommy we were gonna have a level editor on wc4 so, so, so then a new dota could arrise. F***ing great business plan, sit on your ass and hope: no sympathy there

but we want the money for WoW 2!!! - go f*** yourselves, they have money, they don't need more, and S2 isn't a loaded company

they don't need the money, they could of shut them down earlier if they wanted, saying that a new dota could be made for wc4 isn't a legit reason, so they don't need to sue

And guess what - if they did make a dota game, everyone would buy it, they don't need to stomp the competition, they are blizzard, they make damn good games, they don't need to close companies

so please, give me one good reason for them to sue? you may be right, maybe i'm just missing a huge idea, but all logic seems to lead to the fact they aren't going to sue and they should not

if i'm missing something please inform me

[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Wow. Clearly you just aren't going to get it. You can have all the tantrum's you want about the current legal system (which is just fine), it's not going to make your arguement valid, or make up "facts" about anything. I can't argue with people like you so I'm not going to.

July 9, 2009 4:56:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i love your posts: you havn't posted anything reasonable suggesting they should sue, and take the 'high road' out of the argument. fine by me, you aren't fooling anyone

ps- i have 6 beta keys left for those who want them

July 9, 2009 5:16:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you guys want to argue about DOTA, do it elsewhere.

July 9, 2009 5:52:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

all out

July 9, 2009 6:57:40 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

woca I hope you got my pm!!

July 9, 2009 6:57:59 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

thank you so much!!

July 9, 2009 9:07:51 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Bah I didn't see the out message. Oh well. I have to find one somehow! Let me know if anyone turns up extras

July 9, 2009 9:39:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the reason blizzard arent filing a lawsuit with S2 is because they arent making money off of blizzard's resources.

Heres an example: Blizzard stopped me from selling my wow account for 1600$ saying they owned it.

you on the other hand are, LMAO. i just cant believe how stupid that is to do.

July 10, 2009 3:31:36 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I may have missed the boat on this, but I would love to help out in the beta. If anyone has an extra key, then please consider me!

July 10, 2009 3:47:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the reason blizzard arent filing a lawsuit with S2 is because they arent making money off of blizzard's resources

As soon as they start selling the game, they ARE making money off blizzrd's resources. DOTA was created with blizzard's resources, it was developed on blizzard platform, all IP involving DOTA belongs to them.

you on the other hand are, LMAO. i just cant believe how stupid that is to do.

Right, becuase I want to sit on an account worth 2 grand for a game I thought was going down the gutter and did? I came out ahead in the end anyway. I bought the account, played the account, earned items on the account, and payed monthly for the account. This is no different than renting a URL from ICAAN, which people sell all the time.

Please don't claim you understand "why" blizzard isn't making a move. You're welcome to your opinions all you want, but thats simply all they are for you unfortunately.

Thanks for underlining, was impossable to remove.

July 10, 2009 7:21:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right, becuase I want to sit on an account worth 2 grand for a game I thought was going down the gutter and did? I came out ahead in the end anyway.

as i said before i cannot believe how stupid that is to try and do. just for you here is why u shouldnt do it:

Ownership.

A. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Game and all copies thereof (including without limitation any titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialog, catch phrases, locations, concepts, artwork, character inventories, structural or landscape designs, animations, sounds, musical compositions and recordings, audio-visual effects, storylines, character likenesses, methods of operation, moral rights, and any related documentation) are owned or licensed by Blizzard. The Game is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and conventions, and other laws. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials may enforce their rights in the event of any violation of this License Agreement.

this is quoted straight out of http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html

As soon as they start selling the game, they ARE making money off blizzrd's resources.

no, they are not, they are not using the warcraft 3 map editor or using their servers to to make money OFF OF BLIZZARD.

July 10, 2009 7:42:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it's not worth it trying to get him to realize it stacked

also, please stop pm's im out

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.