The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Random Map choice...Plus more Maps!

By on July 8, 2009 7:20:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Neilo

Join Date 04/2006
+128

Ok, since the 1.1 hotfix fixed the random feature for Demigods how about taking the nest step and adding a "Random Map" button.

Not a randomly drawn map as many games have, that i assume would never be viable in DG, but just a random selection of the currently 8 maps available....

Of course, as many have already spoke out loud about, we also need more maps!!!

Random map choice and more maps...show your support!!

Locked Post 4 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 8, 2009 7:34:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Random maps would be a good idea...but some people dont like a few of the maps and would quit in the first 3 minutes.

July 8, 2009 11:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A random map button would be great, and for those that would quit just 'cuz they don't like the map...well, IMO, they're just people who don't care enough about the game to accept the fact that the random map button would be a great test of their strategical prowess and ability to configure their playstyle to fit the map as best as possible. I think a random map button would add even more enjoyment to the game, as well as provide a more challenging experience for the human player, so I think this is a great idea. +1

Oh yeah.....we need more maps too!!

July 9, 2009 3:33:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There could even be a list where the host selects the maps that the game should select randomly from. By doing that you can avoid playing on certain maps (read Crushible ) while still having a random "good" map.

July 9, 2009 5:57:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think a random map button would be of more use when we have more maps so you could choose which map size you want to get a random one from. Otherwise you could end up playing 3v3 on mandala or something like that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: