The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Wins and Losses recorded wrong

By on July 6, 2009 7:20:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would really like  to know why when u win the matches it shows up as losses? This is the third panth i've been in that some of the wins show as lost the most recent was June 6 2009 5:59. We went thru the whole game destroyed there fortresses won and now it shows up as loss. It would really be nice if that record keeping problem was fixed. What the point of having stats if they are just screwed up.

0 Karma | 5 Replies
July 6, 2009 7:37:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure if this is the problem, but each pantheon game ends up with 1 host.  If the host leaves the game before its over, you won't get credit.  For instance, your game here:  http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/721880/player/47067/

Winner: Forces of Darkness
Game Type: Fortress
Start: Jul 6, 2009 5:59 PM
Players: 6
Map: Leviathan
End: Jul 6, 2009 6:07 PM
Game Length: 8 minutes
Ranked: Yes
Note: Games marked as "NA" do not count towards statistics.
PlayerTeamEntityFavor PointsResult
leroybrown Forces of Light Oak 0 Lost
KALELsmX Forces of Light Rook 0 Lost
maceload Forces of Light Rook 0 Lost
LordPoekelfleisch Forces of Darkness Queen of Thorns 120 Won
Elrosh Forces of Darkness Unclean Beast 0 Lost
general-grievous Forces of Darkness Torch Bearer 0 Lost

This is a perfect example of the host quitting before the game is over and could be an example of the host disconnect bug (host disconnects, gets a win and favor automatically so long as they were connected for at least 3 min - all other people get 0 favor).  More details on the exploit here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/358171.  Its important to understand that a person can intentionally do this to inflate their stats, but it can also happen quite unintentionally.  Looking at LordPoekelfleisch's record seems to indicate that he does not use this as an exploit.  Until there is some sort of fix, which is apparently difficult to find, then someone can always manipulate a games stat outcome by hosting.  And in pantheon, its a crap shoot as you never know who will end up as the host. 

July 6, 2009 7:52:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the reply. So I have to stick with the loss then?  This is why I stopped playing the last panth cuz it happened multiple times, I mean play thru the whole match win then get losses recorded. I made it to game 6 in panth first 5 were wins the 6th a win but as u know recorded as loss so there goes my rank already. Can this be fixed for me and the other two guys on that team, even if its no favor pnts or exp that loss lowers our rank. Hope it can be changed.             P.S. and tht would explaine the 8 min time it says it was well over that we had to destroy 5 forts so who ever the host was on the other team he DC 8 mins in.

July 6, 2009 8:21:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any way to get that loss off there for me and the rest of the ppl on the team since we won?

July 6, 2009 8:24:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KALELsmX,
    Is there any way to get that loss off there for me and the rest of the ppl on the team since we won?

No, but they'll probably end up reseting the stats anyway since they're broken.

July 6, 2009 9:02:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, but they'll probably end up reseting the stats anyway since they're broken.

Agreed.  If they do manage to tackle this particularly nasty stat bug/exploit, I'd wager we will see a stat reset.  There's not a hell of a lot you can do at this point to ensure that this won't happen to you again other than to just play customs and host your own games... I cared alot about stats as well, but once you see how easy it is to have them get trashed regardless of your skill, you'll probably resolve to not give a rip about stats until the host disconnect exploit is resolved and stats are reset again (hopefully soon, but there hasn't been any real word on this other than SD/GPG is aware of the issue). 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.