The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

QoT - Tribute (a very, very special level 15 skill)

The change we need.

By on July 5, 2009 6:35:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really think that Tribute (one of the few level 15 special skills) needs to be changed into something else. Anything else.

WHY?

Because this special skill is equivalent to a level 3 (!) citadel upgrade that anyone (!) can buy for merely 1800 (!) gold.

Keep in mind, this is what the QoT can skill after she improved her shamblers 3 times and it has absolutely nothing to do with her shamblers, which is unique for this kind of skills and that's just very strange.

Aside from that, which level 15 special skill do you think is the worst or the best?

+25 Karma | 36 Replies
July 5, 2009 6:38:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The worst is regulus 3% chance on o.4 seconds stun

July 5, 2009 7:17:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^Amen to that....Has anyone ever "bought" that?

July 5, 2009 7:54:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wonder if Stardock/GPG got some stats about which skill is used/purchased how often in a game. Like Valve with HL². Would be interesting to know for further balance changes.

July 5, 2009 7:58:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh ... both tribute and that reg skill need changing.

July 5, 2009 9:07:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agree. Haven't played QoT much so I can't really say anything about that, but the reg skill (Dead Eye?) needs to be improved, either increase %chance to activate or increase stun time to at least 1sec.

July 5, 2009 9:49:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Keep in mind, this is what the QoT can skill after she improved her shamblers 3 times and it has absolutely nothing to do with her shamblers, which is unique for this kind of skills and that's just very strange.

Not that I disagree with your overall conclusions, Tribue is a horrible skill, but this statement (that it's unique in that it has nothing to do with the skill points leading up to it) is not true.

Regulus' Dead Eye has nothing to do with Snipe

UB's Acclimation has nothing to do with Inner Beast

TB's Inspirational Flame has nothing to do with Circle of Fire

Erebus's Bloody Haze has nothing to do with Mist (though at least in this case, it's a defensive skill from a line of defensive skills)

July 5, 2009 10:51:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Isn't specced the word you guys are looking for, not bought lol

July 5, 2009 11:16:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The worst is regulus 3% chance on o.4 seconds stun 

I've always thought that the 0.4 second stun is designed to be nothing more than a %chance to interrupt, but yeah, 3% to interrupt is not worth it either.

July 5, 2009 3:02:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The thing that flies in the face of your note is that currency is a must have upgrade.  +4 gold per second pays itself off in 7.5 minutes.  That means that in a 3 vs. 3 match, currency pays itself off in 2.5 minutes.  In a 5 vs. 5 match, you earn back that 1,800 gold in 90 seconds!

QoT's tribute stacks with currency.  And while I wouldn't automatically get it every game, if you're playing with 2-4 other team-mates, and the match isn't getting close to ending soon, tribute could be the MVP.

July 5, 2009 4:11:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Impossible - while Currency is very useful, level 15 is a bit late game for the extra gold to make that much of a difference.  If it were a lvl 5 ability, or even level 10, then it'd be a great skill.  As a level 15 skill, it's kind of 'meh'.

July 5, 2009 4:21:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think it should even be part of a skill line. Just make it a seperate skill like Regulus' tracking device and make it avalible at level 5 or 10. Preferably 10, since at level 5 4 gold per second might be too big of an advantage so early.

July 5, 2009 7:43:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Primal Zed,

Keep in mind, this is what the QoT can skill after she improved her shamblers 3 times and it has absolutely nothing to do with her shamblers, which is unique for this kind of skills and that's just very strange.
Not that I disagree with your overall conclusions, Tribue is a horrible skill, but this statement (that it's unique in that it has nothing to do with the skill points leading up to it) is not true.

Regulus' Dead Eye has nothing to do with Snipe

UB's Acclimation has nothing to do with Inner Beast

TB's Inspirational Flame has nothing to do with Circle of Fire

Erebus's Bloody Haze has nothing to do with Mist (though at least in this case, it's a defensive skill from a line of defensive skills)

Well,

1. Dead Eye is a ranged skill (yeah, it sucks)
  2. Inspiratinal Flame only works inside the Circle of Fire
  3. Bloody Haze... you did read the description of it, or?

You're right about Acclimation though, which I think is one of the best special skills.

July 5, 2009 7:51:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A lot of special level 15 skills are useless. 

July 5, 2009 8:55:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CosMoe,

Well,

Dead Eye is a ranged skill (yeah, it sucks)

Inspiratinal Flame only works inside the Circle of Fire
Bloody Haze... you did read the description of it, or?

You're right about Acclimation though, which I think is one of the best special skills.

By the description for Dead Eye, it has nothing to do with Snipe, and only works for "standard" attacks (which I interpret as auto-attack).  Has nothing to do with Snipe.  And everything about Reg is a "ranged skill."

I didn't realize Inspirational Flame only works inside the circle.  I simply saw the description at the http://demigod.wikia.com/wiki/Torch_Bearer wiki page, which doesn't mention the circle.

Ditto for Bloody Haze.  I thought all it did was give the vamp a passive chance to dodge.

Yay for halfhearted research?    Ok, maybe not

July 5, 2009 10:56:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I didn't realize Inspirational Flame only works inside the circle.

You were right the first time.  It doesn't.  The boost is passive at all times once you spend a point on it. Even in Ice form.

July 6, 2009 3:55:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, the I misread the description which says:

Torch Bearer draws power from the flame, gaining 15% Mana and 200% Mana Per Second.

Imho, another awesome special skill (imagine the cost of an item with those stats).

The Queen's two other special skills include a very small, very weak AOE for the absolutely useless Uproot skill, and Goddess of Thorns which I took a few times already, but I did not see any difference in the two "improved" skills (could somebody please dig into the LUAs to see what it really does?).

July 6, 2009 6:41:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think clearly now its obvious she is a demigod built for team support, via shielding, being fecking hard to kill and generally having a lasting presence on the battle field, therfore tribute fits in well for her, your team mates can save their money for artifacts etc late game, and QoT survives fine with minimal item upgrades herself, you just won't be going toe to toe on with anyone.

Despite the lore surrounding her, its quite obvious she's not a selfish demigod which is probably why she isn't played much, you're not gonna see mega numbers and smacking other DG's for 2k.

July 6, 2009 7:44:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

U are right CosMoe when u play 2on2 or 3on3 a queen isnt that good in the end

She has no real sepcial effects like sedna(stun, heal bad effects, + more health persecond...)

A queen is nothing against a sedna when u play a 2on2

I think Stardock should change this in the next updates increase the queen or decrease the sedna.

gl

July 6, 2009 8:39:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wild blows and inspiring roar are 10x worse. if senda is good late game its not because of her lvl 15s

July 6, 2009 9:04:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like Regulus' Dead Eye. In my normal build I get a lot of attack speed, so 3% isn't that low. And this skill comes with no cooldown and you don't have to aim and time the attack to interrupt an enemy skill.

July 6, 2009 9:12:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would multiple tributes from multiple QoTs stack?

July 6, 2009 9:23:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izibaar,
I like Regulus' Dead Eye. In my normal build I get a lot of attack speed, so 3% isn't that low. And this skill comes with no cooldown and you don't have to aim and time the attack to interrupt an enemy skill.

3% is exceptionally low. With enemy skills that have a 1.5 second cast time (pretty long) and you attacking twice a second (pretty high), you have a lower than 10% chance to interrupt. Mind you, this is at level 15, and the game isn't lasting much longer. It's almost worthless as a chase, as it stuns for 0.04 seconds. Fail.

July 6, 2009 10:22:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ImpossibleReality,
Would multiple tributes from multiple QoTs stack?

No, Tribute only affects the QoT and not the team (IIRC).

July 6, 2009 10:44:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The whole concept of a % chance to interrupt is horrid from the beginning. The reason why you interrupt someone is that they are doing something and/or you think they are about to do something, and you use a skill that you know will interrupt it. % chance interrupts lack both the deliberate timing and guaranteed nature of actual interrupts. The result is that they often trigger when nothing is happening but remain dormant when needed. Despite this, % chance interrupts are designed into a very large number of games, particularly MMOs. 

July 6, 2009 11:36:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regarding Tribute - you also won't be getting it at level 15 because undoubtedly you'll get the other skills available at 15 that are just way better.

So probably you'll get it at like 17 or 18 - completely useless.

To compare, Headshot, the Dota skill that Dead Eye was based off of - had a 40% activation chance every autoattack and dealt extra damage when it procced.  Yeah, it's low.  Yeah, it sucks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.