The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.1 update for this week

By on June 29, 2009 10:55:47 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Gas Powered Games has a new update brewing. While v1.1 has been a success feature wise, there is a subset of players who are experiencing crashes and random disconnects along with some funky behavior with the statistics and favor items.

As old as “works on my machine” gets, the good news is that we have identified the causes of each of the issues involved and GPG has already internally fixed most of them.

To recap the issues:

1. Random disconnects in MP. Cause: LUA crash when someone tries to upgrade their Demigod while dead under certain circumstances.
  2. Random crashes in MP. Cause: Same as above either from doing it or being on the receiving end of it.
  3. Favor items not saving. A fix to a fix to a fix from earlier. Should be resolved by this next update.
  4. MP Stats not storing right.  This one we’re still working on.  You’d think that this would be straight forward (as a non network guy, that was my view anyway) but it’s actually remarkably complex to get the data to the server in a secure way at the end of the game but before people quit because the game is over.

No ETA yet, but hopefully this week or early next week.

+912 Karma | 54 Replies
June 30, 2009 8:44:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

darkn3ss17, it would make your posts a lot easier to read if you would format them properly like everyone else.

That means proper punctuation and white spaces.

It would also help if you express your opinions with more tact.

Right now, the two posts you've made encourages people to either ignore you or attack your ill expressed points in defense of what many of us believe is a a great effort by GPG and Stardock so far, well deserving of the praise they're receiving from those who will give it.

June 30, 2009 9:37:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MP Stats not storing right.  This one we’re still working on.  You’d think that this would be straight forward (as a non network guy, that was my view anyway) but it’s actually remarkably complex to get the data to the server in a secure way at the end of the game but before people quit because the game is over.  

Does this address the issue of host leavers?  I have seen several times for myself over the past week and many time for others an issue where if the host is losing and they get disconnected or choose to intentionaly disconnect, if they reconnect and beat the game, they get the win while everyone else gets the loss.  I would really like to see that fixed.

Also any chance to get the disconnect timer back to 30secs?

June 30, 2009 11:28:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also fix the random demigod option. And maybe tweak a little the chat window (make the borders straight and make the whole window a little bit more transparent, just a little so it doesn't stick like that). And if they can, change the color of the "player X voted for concede" to red or something, so it's more visible! These fixes are not only my wishes, take a look on the forums and see that others also want this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, hopping you fix all these bugs and don't introduce some more...

June 30, 2009 12:01:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good work figuring this stuff out. I'm really impressed with this company since this is the kind of dev-player correspondance I'd expect from a subscription MMO.

June 30, 2009 12:10:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The random demigod issue was already fixed internally, we thought that was an obvious given thing to fix so it wasn't listed.

June 30, 2009 12:49:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds good. Also looking forward to seeing what GPG has cooking for new Demigods & maps.

June 30, 2009 1:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any ETA on the other bug fixes? (I don't want to nag on these, but gonna do it anyway till they are fixed)

Autoattack bugs, instant skills/items cancelling current orders ect.

Just a small reminder, there are still big bugs in this game, hope they get adressed!

June 30, 2009 2:58:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

good news

June 30, 2009 3:30:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there anyway to make the steam overlay work in demigod? Currently if i alt-tab out of game there is a chance of it crashing which ruins my game.

June 30, 2009 9:55:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like there will be an update this week. New build just got handed to QA.

1) Fixes the v1.1 crash issue.

2) Fixes favor items/achievement saving bug.

3) Random demigod fix.

Other issues in a subsequent update but it was decided that these issues needed to be expedited.

June 30, 2009 9:55:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there anyway to make the steam overlay work in demigod? Currently if i alt-tab out of game there is a chance of it crashing which ruins my game.

We are looking into this. We are not intentionally disabling the Steam overlay.

June 30, 2009 10:01:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to hear about those items getting expedited AND that the update is due out this week.  Great news!

July 1, 2009 12:18:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Istari,
Looks like there will be an update this week. New build just got handed to QA.

1) Fixes the v1.1 crash issue.

2) Fixes favor items/achievement saving bug.

3) Random demigod fix.

Other issues in a subsequent update but it was decided that these issues needed to be expedited.

Beauty, thanks Istari

July 1, 2009 3:25:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gazcrowbar,

You should be able to add Demigod to Steam. Hit the add non-Steam game button in the Games tab.

July 1, 2009 2:38:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The non-steam game thing doesnt work, u can see pop-ups but cant reply as the overlay wont open. It's incredibly annoying for me.

July 1, 2009 3:16:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

MP Stats not storing right.  This one we’re still working on.  You’d think that this would be straight forward (as a non network guy, that was my view anyway) but it’s actually remarkably complex to get the data to the server in a secure way at the end of the game but before people quit because the game is over.

I can see how it would be complex, however do what WIC does and have a simple message display to show whether the update to the server has been succesful or not.

Good update as ever. Any note on when the demo is due?

July 1, 2009 3:18:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gazcrowbar,
The non-steam game thing doesnt work, u can see pop-ups but cant reply as the overlay wont open. It's incredibly annoying for me.

I play windowed.  This allows me to use steam on the bottom area while not alt-tabbig and causing a crash.

Be careful though, resizing the window with the arrow at all in game leads to an immediate crash.  This got added in 1.01 or 1.1 not sure which, so be careful you don't accidently resize.

July 1, 2009 7:47:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If it wasn't clear from the original post, until the patch update clears Stardock testing and is posted, avoid fiddling with your UI while dead.

- Servo

July 2, 2009 12:50:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool, a post from gpg.  So are we getting an update Thursday?  If not, it'll be next week I guess.

Happy 4th of July.

July 2, 2009 1:51:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Holy crap... GPG just posted here on their game.  Woot!  I know it sounds like I'm bitchin, but thanks for the post!

July 6, 2009 1:30:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks good. Nice to see updates continuing to follow trough.

July 6, 2009 1:34:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Patch is RELEASED.

July 6, 2009 2:38:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dling

July 6, 2009 3:52:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just crashed to desktop with new patch.

July 6, 2009 5:24:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good fixes here.  My only suggestion (which would be in the 1.2 thread if it wasn't locked) would be to increase the visibility of Demigods.  Rook typically blocks my view of smaller Demigods when in a large melee.  If there was a way that Demigods were more highlighted or perhaps had an overhead nametag that could be toggled, I think this would be very helpful in those large melees when it's easy to "miss" the smaller Demigods.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.