The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Game crashed - now can't connect to play online

By on June 28, 2009 7:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This happens pretty regularly to me - when I get an unhandled exception, or if I have to use task manager to close Demigod for whatever miscellaneous crash happens to grab me, I have a really tough time getting back online to play once the game restarts. 

When I click the "Internet" button on the multiplayer menu, it usually locks up indefinitely; sometimes it just locks up for a solid 3 - 5 minutes (which is an eternity when you're just sitting waiting for it to connect).  If/when it finally moves on to the login screen, the same thing happens - locks up for a long time before the game lobby comes up, if it comes up at all.

Are any fixes for this issue known?

+3 Karma | 6 Replies
June 28, 2009 8:21:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having this problem as well.

June 29, 2009 8:01:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bumpity

June 29, 2009 8:10:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357636

Hope the advice in that thread helps.

June 30, 2009 7:52:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We'll need to gather some information to help solve your issue.  There are log files that refresh every time the game is closed.  Immediately after a crash, disconnect, or lack of connection can you please close Demigod and follow this link in Internet Explorer to gather those log files:

http://sd.stardock.com/Demigod_report.zip

Save the file, run it, and attach the .zip file (located under YOUR USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod\report) it generates to an e-mail to [email protected]?

June 30, 2009 8:45:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, I'll try that.

June 30, 2009 2:52:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Last night i uninstalled and reinstalled and it now works for me so far.  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.