The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Hit List Of Dumbest Forum Posts

By on June 28, 2009 3:56:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aroddo

Join Date 04/2009
+59

Everyone does a dumb post once in a while, be it because of ignorance or any other reason (usually related to ignorance). I certainly did my share of dumbness.

Some posts are just dumb. Some posts are so dumb that it's almost certainly a troll post made to goad others into replying. And then there are posts that shine above all others - the pinnacle of dumbness, the ultimate Fail, the stellar overlord of planet Braindead.

Here's the place to immortalize posts that should never have seen the light of day.

My current favorite: Reply 127 of "On the road to version 1.2"

The posts starts off as a typical troll post and then ascends to professional dumbness. Some highlights:

GASPowered Games had a complete game called "Company of Heroes" which was sold often enough to be a solid base for a new game ... Demigod is only a modded Company of heroes ... so it's more confusing how they could destroy a perhaps 90% perfect running game into this aftermath of bugs ...

It's a failure of our modern time ... people accept more and more unfinished things for a higher price than a completed thing would have cost in the past ...

This is so much more than only a buggy game ... it's is the evidence that the whole economy has failed ... and we the costumers are to permissive with faulty things ...

ATARI .... STOP MAKING SHIT!!! TAKE YOUR JOB SERIOUS!!

I really like the last part ... cursing Atari in the Stardock forum about GPG screwing up making a mod of a game made by Relic and pulished by THQ.

Locked Post 21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 28, 2009 4:09:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,

......of a game made by THQ.

No. CoH is made by Relic.  THQ is the publisher.

Get your facts straight, before accusing somone else of ignorance.

June 28, 2009 4:35:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Demigod is a hit.  I had to get into the whole scale of the game at first, ( I have a number

of large scale games , Sins of a sol. Empire, Civ4, star was galx, eve online, etc) but once I played through the whole torn. I finally understood the layout of what was going on, I could see that everything was straight the way it is. It would be nice to hear the sound of the indvidual fight's, but for a game that is supposed to feal like chess, what's wrong with this title?

??? Nothing really....and if there is, fix it ,and lets have some fun!

June 28, 2009 5:21:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How the heck is this game buggy. It isn't buggy. For me it only crashs during bootup. Sometimes i have to boot it up twice because the first time fails but thats it.

June 28, 2009 6:10:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XaviorsFist,
How the heck is this game buggy. It isn't buggy. For me it only crashs during bootup. Sometimes i have to boot it up twice because the first time fails but thats it.

Lol, you can't be serious. Crashes, pathing issues, item issues (wand of speed makes you stop moving when you click it ect...), skill issues, balance issues, still getting fatal error/Unhandled exception crashes.

This game is more buggy than an EA release.

June 28, 2009 6:38:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

every single post by foreshadowed is dumb, he tries so hard to troll, now he is just becoming a waste of space on these forums.

June 28, 2009 6:41:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Helios,

Lol, you can't be serious. Crashes, pathing issues, item issues (wand of speed makes you stop moving when you click it ect...), skill issues, balance issues, still getting fatal error/Unhandled exception crashes.

This game is more buggy than an EA release.

Okay besides AI bugs but who plays with AI that much after they get decent. The wand of speed issue can be solved. DON'T USE IT. Very few skills are overpowered and by the end of the game it normally balances out.  Balance is actually very good compared to some games. As i said the game crashes but only during the menu for me.

Other people crash but i rarely do. I think it's just connection not crashing. Pathing is HARD TO DO FOR AI. Lets see you write and ai script that is as smart as a human yet doesn't cheat.

June 28, 2009 6:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XaviorsFist,

Okay besides AI bugs but who plays with AI that much after they get decent. The wand of speed issue can be solved. DON'T USE IT. Very few skills are overpowered and by the end of the game it normally balances out.  Balance is actually very good compared to some games. As i said the game crashes but only during the menu for me.

Other people crash but i rarely do. I think it's just connection not crashing. Pathing is HARD TO DO FOR AI. Lets see you write and ai script that is as smart as a human yet doesn't cheat.

He didn't say anything about the AI. The pathing in general is terrible.

June 28, 2009 6:48:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay true some pathing is bad. I think exile is the best though. Not all pathing but i have to completely agree with you. Mostly mandala.

STARDOCK RELEASE NEW MAPS.

June 28, 2009 7:00:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm... I am intrigued by frogboy's comment

I wonder what would happen if we started posting the location (what country) posters come from.  On our end, we see what country each person is.  I think people would be shocked at the % of trolls that come from a particular part of a particular continent.
I wonder now which continent it is.

June 28, 2009 7:21:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,
Hm... I am intrigued by frogboy's comment
I wonder what would happen if we started posting the location (what country) posters come from.  On our end, we see what country each person is.  I think people would be shocked at the % of trolls that come from a particular part of a particular continent.I wonder now which continent it is.

yeah, that comment of froggy lacked style. He shouldn't swallow the trolls' bait so often ... I think some are trolling just for getting comments like this out of him.

Btw, I suspect my fellow germans to lead the troll offensive. We got a quite large troll population with lots of experience points.

Quoting StAcK3D_ActR,
every single post by foreshadowed is dumb, he tries so hard to troll, now he is just becoming a waste of space on these forums.

lol, yeah, nearly all his answers are trollposts. Strangely he sometimes tries to contribute, too. I guess he offers his love in a different way.

June 28, 2009 7:29:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, all we have to do is report foreshadowed posts if they are troll like and/or dumb .

June 28, 2009 8:48:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357784/get;last

I had to do it. I'm not sorry.

June 28, 2009 9:06:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting XaviorsFist,
Okay true some pathing is bad. I think exile is the best though. Not all pathing but i have to completely agree with you. Mostly mandala.

STARDOCK RELEASE NEW MAPS.

It's because Exile doesn't have any tight lanes or sharp corners. That's why Cataract is so bad.

Quoting pseudomelon,
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357784/get;last

I had to do it. I'm not sorry.

Lmao.....so true. 

June 28, 2009 9:08:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a terrible topic aimed at embarrassing other forum members.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

June 28, 2009 9:54:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how else does a community establish its social norms besides from persecuting those who violate them?

those who do shameful things should be shamed. publically. 

June 28, 2009 9:54:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bad topic.

Brad I command you to lock this thread.

June 28, 2009 10:10:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting transitive,
how else does a community establish its social norms besides from persecuting those who violate them?

those who do shameful things should be shamed. publically. 

I prefer to just read the forum rules and follow them.

June 30, 2009 11:58:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to agree with Aroddo here. A lot of people create some pretty stupid posts. This is a weird one but it's pointing out something that is an issue on the forums here.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY DEMIGOD!!!!!

BLASPHEMY!!

I think too many people think because they payed 40$ for a game it should be perfect and all the dev's should listen to them and what they think is a perfect game. YOU PAYED 40$ FOR IT. They payed millions to develop it. I think they trump you in money put into game. Sure they do have to listen to you or else lose all their customers and they are listening to us. Stardock has great support and work to fix most of the major problems. Some people don't realize how hard coding can be.

It's funny watching people act like they can boss a large company around over a game that they work really hard to fix. Sins ended up great after stardock was done with it. (sorry have to say it but entrenchment ruined it I myself hated entrenchment) This game is only into it's second/third month of it's release (sorry to lazy to look up actual date) and so far many of the issues have been fixed so why do people have to complain about the same things OVER AND OVER.

June 30, 2009 12:27:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sly_Squash, I agree.  Sometimes all one can do is lead by example. 

- andpancakes

June 30, 2009 12:35:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DonofWar,

My Mother is the best Cock!

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357976

Classic.

June 30, 2009 12:39:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROFL ^

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: