The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

opengames.asp stats wrong ???

By on June 27, 2009 2:40:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lets look at these stats: http://www.demigodthegame.com/opengames.asp

in this moment there are :

3200 players online

73 games in progress

10 games waiting for launch

-> 4-10 players / game

-> use simple mathematics and you know that there are only around 500 people involved in DG games !

-> so what are the other 2700 doing ?

-> are they waiting for better weather ?

-> or is "3200" the number of people with launched Impulse ????

0 Karma | 67 Replies
June 27, 2009 4:43:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm... good question?  Any chance for some clarification, SD?

June 27, 2009 5:23:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Frogboy is too scared to come to the forums. The negative topics have really gone up lately, lol .

June 27, 2009 5:25:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2700 are the people outside the lobby looking for a game to join in the game browser.

June 27, 2009 5:38:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1 player in skirmish, 1 player in pantheon queue (sounds about right), and 2500+ lurking in Custom, despite there being only 8 open games? Riiiight.

I mean, even if just 100 of those players hit the host-button, the number of open rooms would skyrocket. Everything but the total # of online players seem right.

June 27, 2009 5:45:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

or some people like weekends off, but yea, that number seems really off

June 27, 2009 6:10:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The numbers are made up to increase sales. If there's 2.5k people lurking in the custom game lobby, why does it sometimes take 5+ minutes to get a game full? Why are there like 3-8 games up all the time? Anybody can see that they are fake, or counted totally wrong, i.e. everybody who has impulse opened and owns demigod is counted as "online".

June 27, 2009 6:15:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i doubt the numbers are made up, but its obviously counting some statistic that wouldn't logically follow.  I'd hope there are more than 3200 people globablly that have impulse open right now, but there surely aren't 3200 lurking waiting to get in a demigod game...

June 27, 2009 6:42:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its also a strange thing with the "sales"

frogboy said, that there are around 100.000 sales until Euro-release.

if this is true, DG should have around 150.000 sales until now

but look at the "Top Players" stats....there are only 23.000 players registrated in Costum/Ladder games....I cant believe that the sales are true...
June 27, 2009 8:32:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but look at the "Top Players" stats....there are only 23.000 players registrated in Costum/Ladder games....I cant believe that the sales are true...

Stats are messed up and in general only like 1% of people who play games play then online. But DG is a bit more multiplayer orientated so it has a solid 5%.

June 28, 2009 5:33:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

23K out of 150K is 15%...

Anyway, having 2700-2800 lurkers with 3200 people online means 85% of online players are not really playing which is pretty much impossible.  Those 2700-2800 people are not in lobby waiting for a game.  They might be playing single player but then that is a wrong way to look at online players.  Online player can only be someone who has logged in to the server from ingame and hasn't logged off or timed out.

June 28, 2009 5:38:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

23K out of 150K is 15%...

Indeed

June 28, 2009 5:58:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-> or is "3200" the number of people with launched Impulse ????

This is probably the case. Every player who is logged into Impulse and has Demigod registered in their account will be counted. Nothing wrong with that, since many of those people just join the demigod chat or use the Impulse game browser to join games.

So the stats are not "wrong". Maybe they should just add a "players in game" (meaning all players that have launched Demigod and are logged in) figure.

June 28, 2009 7:18:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I ve found something :

frogboy said in a former journal: "As I write this, there are 3,211 people currently either playing Demigod games online, waiting for games, or in lobbies. During peak hours, it???ll get to around double that."

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356743

so its clear, its a hoax !
because there are only 500-600 people playing DG games online, waiting for games, or in lobbys
June 28, 2009 10:27:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Frogboys new nick shall be Ratboy, because he lies.

June 28, 2009 11:17:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DemiCom,
I ve found something :
frogboy said in a former journal: "As I write this, there are 3,211 people currently either playing Demigod games online, waiting for games, or in lobbies. During peak hours, it’ll get to around double that."
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356743
so its clear, its a hoax !
because there are only 500-600 people playing DG games online, waiting for games, or in lobbys

Hmmm - possible that he doesn't know exactly what those numbers represent?  I don't know.  Hope we can get an explanation on Monday.  Doubt we will with comments like "ratboy"

June 28, 2009 11:30:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting pacov,

Hmmm - possible that he doesn't know exactly what those numbers represent?  I don't know.  Hope we can get an explanation on Monday.  Doubt we will with comments like "ratboy"

I'm sure Ratbo....I mean Frogboy has a good sense of humor .

June 28, 2009 11:45:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The number is the number of people online with Demigod in one form or other.

It's the equivalent of the stats page here:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/ (click on individual games).

It's the number of people who have Demigod opened and have logged in. It has nothing to do with Impulse itself.

The previous page only displayed the # of people logged into a single beta server. The new one displays the # of users on all of the servers.  If you don't believe it, then don't. Not to be rude but we don't really care.

June 28, 2009 11:46:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BTW Izzo and others, as long time forum members can tell you, I have no problem banning people for pissing me off.

June 28, 2009 11:49:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hhehehe . I'll be good...

June 28, 2009 11:51:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
BTW Izzo and others, as long time forum members can tell you, I have no problem banning people for pissing me off.

Lies.

Frogboy is bluffing. If he banned people for pissing him off, I wouldn't be here.

June 28, 2009 12:13:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well ok, there you have it then straight from the frog.  Right this second there are 3,385 people globally that have demigod opened and are logged in.  Impulse has nothing to do with the stat.  Currently 10 open games and 78 in progress.  Thanks for the clarification Frogboy!

June 28, 2009 12:33:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember you being banned for the most part of the beta Slurple

June 28, 2009 12:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
all right frogboy ! thx for clearing
June 28, 2009 12:43:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I am guessing about 3000 people play this game SP only all day then..

June 28, 2009 1:10:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope... remember, you don't have to log into demigog to play SP...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.