The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Thinking about getting the game.

By on June 26, 2009 1:24:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good evening folks!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while and seeing the release of 1.1 ive decided to make a commitment to Demigod (based on what you have to say now), when it was first announced i was stoked for the title, a game from the creators of one of my favorite RTS games and Stardock sounded like perfection.

However, the dissapointing events surrounding release inevitably put me and my friends off buying the product for a while, were all good buddies who always buy games together and like to be competetive.

So a few questions if you would be so kind.

1. Replayability?...With the same maps and DG's in play does the game ever get a little stale?.

2. Length? How long does the typical game of Demigod last?

3. Community?, I hate elitism in online games, does DG suffer from abusive arrogant idiots?

4. Players?, We are based in the UK, will we have problems finding games and willing players?.

I think thats it, if you have anything else to add please do so, i would to hear from you, good or bad!.

0 Karma | 11 Replies
June 26, 2009 1:29:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. if you're playing online it won't get stale. Join Pantheon and you'll get random teammates, enemies, map and gametype. And they're human(at least they're supposed to be) so they'll always play differently. In single player it's the same thing- there are tons of combinations. The only thing that's the same is that the AI always sucks.

2. From 15-30+ minutes

3. You'll always have a few bad seeds, but most people are nice.

4. No clue. You could always make custom games with your friends

June 26, 2009 1:32:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1) This one is hard to answer. Some people are already itching for new maps and new Demigods (we will be getting 2 free ones at some point), but for others it's fine.

2) Tends to depend on the map a bit, but I'd say 40 minutes to an hour, on average, for the medium/large games.

3) There are those here, but at least the forums are not a total zoo. I don't play Custom games and tend to stick to Pantheon, but I personally haven't had many really bad experiences with people.

4) You shouldn't, Demigod's population is pretty healthy and the proxy servers will help with overseas connections too.

On a final note, the demo for the game should be coming out rather shortly (another week maybe), so you can always wait to give that a try and see some of these for yourself. The demo should be Multiplayer.

June 26, 2009 1:32:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1.  Depends on how you look at it.  Games are all vastly different based on what your team and the opposing team do.  But the game itself doesnot completely change.  If you like the challenge of team sports or online gaming then this title is great.

2. 6 to 75 minutes.  If they suck it can be over quick, but if it is very even it can take a while.  Average game length is 25-40 minutes.

3.  Most of the time people are great to non responsive.  I have only run into 3 really rude individual in a TON of games.

4.  UK has a ton of players.

Hope that helps.

June 26, 2009 1:43:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Replayability?...With the same maps and DG's in play does the game ever get a little stale?.

I'm coming up to 100 hours in game (xfire stats) so it hasn't for me.

Currently my games are tending to be around the 30 minute mark. 15 minutes and either we have been pwned or we have pwned the other team. An epic for me is around 50 minutes - but damn they are fun when they're like that

3. Community?, I hate elitism in online games, does DG suffer from abusive arrogant idiots?

Yep they are still there but lately it seems to get better, but you have to remember you can still be playing with someone who is 5 and someone who is 60

4. Players?, We are based in the UK, will we have problems finding games and willing players?.

I'm in the UK - either look up GamingTrend we have have a number of Euro players who hook up or goto Overclockers they also have a number

Tals

June 26, 2009 1:43:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if u like a niche game that is really competitive and take some flaws for granted buy it

if u like mainstream dumbed down games with hordes of people then dont

for me it was a rather cheap purchase (thx to dollar to euro conversion) and even though i played dota i still think this game is different than the rest and is a must see for everyone that is into competitive gaming

June 26, 2009 1:50:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not fully all there yet (hopefully they'll have the money to continue supporting it), but I wasn't doing much of anything when I got it and it's been entertaining me for a few months now.  The balance is pretty good and while there's few demigods there's a lot of different ways to play each one and the map modes gives some variety to the few maps.

As for elitism, play some single player read about some strats and the demigods, their abilities, and the items that are good, and you won't have me bitching at you even if you're not that great.  The only thing that really gets to me is the people that jump into multiplayer clearly having never played before and just flop around getting killed.

June 26, 2009 1:54:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys! thanks for the replies thus far! It's convincing me!, especially since its retailing at 24.99 over SD which is the same and/or cheaper than retail outlets in the UK, I trust SD and GPG to come through on their promises of additional content so i think it's a buy for me!.

I was a little worried because i looked through the recent forum posts and found no mention of new players looking for advice, usually an official forum would have lots of these types of posts!.

June 26, 2009 1:55:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a demo released next week which included Online play with 4 demigods and 1 map as far as the rumors go. may be a good idea to wait with buying till you tried it out

June 26, 2009 2:54:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Definately wait and try the demo before you buy it as me and my friend both in uk have trouble playing anything over 2v2 in this game without getting insane ping spikes. Its possibly isp related (we both on virgin cable) but there is a thread on the tech forums with people on other isp with the same problem.

June 26, 2009 3:09:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good evening folks!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while and seeing the release of 1.1 ive decided to make a commitment to Demigod (based on what you have to say now), when it was first announced i was stoked for the title, a game from the creators of one of my favorite RTS games and Stardock sounded like perfection.

However, the dissapointing events surrounding release inevitably put me and my friends off buying the product for a while, were all good buddies who always buy games together and like to be competetive.

So a few questions if you would be so kind.

I think thats it, if you have anything else to add please do so, i would to hear from you, good or bad!.

1) It's multiplayer...and there's a shitload of gameplay variety, and a lot of different builds/strategies with each DG. Also, more Dgs will be released in the future.

2) 20-60 mins I'd say

3) No more than any other online game.

4) Nope.

June 27, 2009 10:54:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would advise not getting this game. The game as it was released was not ready and honestly I don't think even the current game is worthy of being released. Stardock and GPG have been good about getting patches out but the patches generally cause as many problems as they supposedly fix. Connectivity issues have been fixed for the most part but on a given night playing with a friend there are many crashes and errors.

That said when the game works it's pretty cool. The graphics are phenomenal and the gameplay is great provided that everyone can actually join, load the game, and not crash or rage quit for 30 minutes (this is rare). Replayability is there as is a solid (for now) community. Stardock has said that support will depend on sales. Seeing as how the game is broken sales probably suck so I wouldn't expect much in terms of future support.

This game is not worth $40. If you can get it for 50% off or something then it's probably worth it but I really don't see a long term community forming around this game unless they get their act together at Stardock/GPG.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.