The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Is it just me or is AI even worse than before?

By on June 24, 2009 8:07:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I havent played all that many 1.1 games, but it sure seems like the AI is even worse. The last few games on Cataract I have consistently seen AIs wander around in the middle of a few towers and get killed by them from full life.  Its looks like they are obsessed with capturing things like the gold flags but dont bother to clear out the towers first.

And it actually seemed easier to me to farm some opponent AIs.

+8 Karma | 5 Replies
June 24, 2009 8:21:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, it's worse. Or the same at the very least. I just had a game on 4v4 on Cataract(only one player on each team was human) where my enemy's AI would go past my side towers and cap my flaps to neutral.

Ironically, it won the game for my opponent. I fell behind on warscore constantly recapping my own flags and he was able to buy giants before me. It was still a close and fun game but really, loosing because the enemy AI was so stupid...

June 24, 2009 8:34:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe the skill of the AI is an indirect function of the number of updates. 

June 24, 2009 8:35:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im really not sure, I tried a game against AI just to check it out. I noticed Oak would would stand and let a tower kill him at full life, none of the other AI that I noticed did that.

But I did see improvement with AI runnin when they couldn't win a battle instead of just standing there getting pounded. But alas Rook is still the worst AI demi-god out of all of them, he always goes in to suicide on towers, or go into battles against other demigods with absolutely no chance of winning. There is huge room for improvement but for the most part the AI does run at times when they need too.

Good thing this game is more important for multiplayer but I'd like to see the AI get improved much more.

June 24, 2009 8:39:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same, Rook just stood there at 10% health; no healing, no TP, no running.  I did not attack it to see if it would do something, and it did'nt, so I just killed it.  But the AI does use Flag-locks and other tactics now to.  It's a mixed bag. . .

June 24, 2009 9:39:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In my skirmish, I had to carry the team because the AI on my team so ever so terrible bad. They just stood there while I fought 4 other demigods.

In the end, everyone was level 20 EXCEPT for my team's AI, all three failed miserably.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.