The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Those 2 new Demigods will be female assassins, right?

By on June 19, 2009 2:06:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear SD&GPG,

I want to see new female demigods to balance all the male sausage in this game. I want to be able to jiggle...um, I mean juggle through as an assassin as there are no female assassin types currently which makes me a sad panda. Give us some female assassins!

0 Karma | 66 Replies
June 19, 2009 2:42:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_Avenger,

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
reply 23
To balance the game the next DG needs to be an unmarried mother of ethnic origins, from a disadvantaged background.

Her powers would be: Nappy Rash, Social Security Drain, Puke Spit and Fag Smoke.

Would definitely be a general, with the ability to "birth" more children, which increases gold production, while decreasing gold production for the rest of her team.

The only problem is that this Demigod would be easily countered with a new opposing skill called a "Get a Job", the Demigod cowers in fear retreating to their base.

June 19, 2009 2:57:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting chevelleking,
The only problem is that this Demigod would be easily countered with a new opposing skill called a "Get a Job", the Demigod cowers in fear retreating to their base.

That's an Obama Level 15 skill, though, after maxing out Bailout and Stimulus Package. If Unmarried Mother of Ethnic Origins from a Disadvantage Background gets maxes out Social Security Drain and gets the Social Security for Life level 15 skill, you're screwed. All she has to do is pop out more babies and she'll just take more gold from everyone.

June 19, 2009 3:10:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_Avenger,

Quoting chevelleking,
reply 1

That's an Obama Level 15 skill, though, after maxing out Bailout and Stimulus Package. If Unmarried Mother of Ethnic Origins from a Disadvantage Background gets maxes out Social Security Drain and gets the Social Security for Life level 15 skill, you're screwed. All she has to do is pop out more babies and she'll just take more gold from everyone.

Is it really worth specing into? You would have to skip out on the "Reformed Health Care" Debuff Aura, opposing Demigods are allowed to take health/mana potions for free, but there is only 1 rank, it heals for 1000 HP and has a 10 second cast time.

June 19, 2009 3:12:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah but if she relies on it too much the Social Security might collapse and then she'll have nothing.

June 19, 2009 3:28:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,
Ah but if she relies on it too much the Social Security might collapse and then she'll have nothing.

...resulting in the ragequits of everyone. Hm, I see your point. She'd definitely have to diversify. Putting some points into WIC and Foodstamps should complement her minion build.

Chevelleking: I definitely think it would have to depend on the situation. If the other team has more than one Unmarried Mother of Ethnic Origins from a Disadvantage Background, then going for a full Get a Job build would definitely be better. Otherwise it's probably not worth spending 9 skill points on just that.

Although, if you have both an Obama and an Unmarried Mother of Ethnic Origins from a Disadvantage Background on your team, they would have great group synergy.

June 19, 2009 3:59:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are all you guys seriously complaining about all the opportunities you missed by not being born poor or by not becoming welfare mothers?  Pathetic.

June 19, 2009 4:04:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it really worth specing into? You would have to skip out on the "Reformed Health Care" Debuff Aura, opposing Demigods are allowed to take health/mana potions for free, but there is only 1 rank, it heals for 1000 HP and has a 10 second cast time.
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

We're totally stomping those nations with socialized health care!  Honestly, why do you feel our system is so effective?  I'm not being facetious, I honestly don't understand it.  Look at the CIA factobook on infant mortality rates:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2091rank.html

We're behind pretty much every European country we make fun of for having socialized medicine, we're behind Canada too.  If you're not rich, I don't see any metric that could possibly convince someone that our system is better than what you're making fun of.  

Even if you are rich it's not as though you can't buy better health care than your fellow countrymen in those countries anyway.  One of my friends in Holland is very rich and he picks and chooses the services he wants to acquire through the public system and pay for on his own.

Seriously, if you have any articles or books (that are in paperback, 30 bucks a pop is too much) that defend our current system then link them.  I'll read em.'  The only argument I've seen against it is that we can't afford it, which may be totally true, I really wouldn't know.  If it is true though, I'd really like to know how those other countries afford theirs.

On a sidenote, I'm a veteran and my health care in the military was pretty good, better than my Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare I now have.  I just don't understand you guys.

June 19, 2009 4:13:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

"Well, at least you can thank your lucky stars that we don't live in Paraguay!"

June 19, 2009 5:07:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They know their trapped in an heartless monster of a system, so they insult thous who have it better in a vain attempt to hold on to what they think is something to be proud off in this county.

Support HR 676

-Gabe

June 19, 2009 5:14:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um, I thought this thread was about 2 new female Demigods?

June 19, 2009 5:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shadow_Avenger,

Seriously speaking I doubt I'm the only one who thinks those two new DGs should be females and assassins. But I like how this thread turned out. Little humour is only a good thing!

June 19, 2009 5:29:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was until a few people stepped in with non sequitur political talk, and it went from there.

Back on topic, if there's going to be a ninja type assassin, I'd love to see it be a japanese demon of some time rather than a traditional ninja.  -not tmy picture btw

There's no reason why you couldn't just give it all the traditional ninja/samurai abilities, though I really hope they don't put stealth or invisibility in the game (unless they add in massive changes to all the existing DGs to deal with it, which seems unlikely).

June 19, 2009 5:53:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's all in humor, you shouldn't get so worked up about it.

I'm all for better healthcare, especially to alleviate the US infant mortality rate, its very bad here.

But isn't that why WIC is there for?

June 19, 2009 6:03:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't care less if they're male or female, as long as they've got interesting playstyles and good balance.

June 19, 2009 6:05:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The joke was a thinly veiled knock on the idea that public health care changes would be a good thing.  I mean the presentation may have been facetious but the comments themselves were obviously quit earnest.

Say I had responded that the GW Bush DG would spawn two new enemy DGs each time it defeated one, would that seem like just a joke to you or an expression of my actual opinion?

June 20, 2009 12:58:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
The joke was a thinly veiled knock on the idea that public health care changes would be a good thing.  I mean the presentation may have been facetious but the comments themselves were obviously quit earnest.

Say I had responded that the GW Bush DG would spawn two new enemy DGs each time it defeated one, would that seem like just a joke to you or an expression of my actual opinion?

Lol, that would be a joke to me too, because I laughed.

It is like futurama and family guy, poking at the truth with humor may they be right or wrong.

You know... that skill might be very OP, because the newly spawned DG would be AI for sure, and they would feed. Bush should be able to switch Sr. or Jr. mode.

On a more serious note...

I hope they do have some more asian demigod. Curently they have... none. Is UB african? I think TB is more persian-like actually... maybe that's their idea of an asian. (it would help demigod sell in asia?)

However, at this rate the asian DG would probably be very stereotypical american-asian design... don't want. Or, maybe the designer just never had a chance to display his/her high level skill on asian design, which would be wonderful.

Last thing I want to see is ninja wearing chi-pao ("chinese" dress so called, even though it really isn't that "traditional" of a chinese clothing) using needles that look like QoT a whole lot.

June 20, 2009 3:35:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, that would be a joke to me too, because I laughed.
Well, it was the response I first thought of when I saw the joke start up and I was going to join in and post it...  and then I saw this:
To balance the game the next DG needs to be an unmarried mother of ethnic origins, from a disadvantaged background.

Her powers would be: Nappy Rash, Social Security Drain, Puke Spit and Fag Smoke.

It's just vitriolic racism.

June 20, 2009 3:57:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, I must have automatically filter that out of my brain. I don't remember seeing it, yet I read almost everything in this thread.

That does sound quite racist, however I can't say that I am very aware of racist issues.

June 20, 2009 4:38:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the next 4 demis  only one is female and  she seems to be a gen

June 20, 2009 3:13:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,
the next 4 demis  only one is female and  she seems to be a gen

Please don't be ridiculous.  You know you're going to have to provide links to a source for that tid-bit of info you just dropped there.

June 20, 2009 3:17:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aesir Rising,

Please don't be ridiculous.  You know you're going to have to provide links to a source for that tid-bit of info you just dropped there.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/351332/

These images have been around for quite a while.

June 20, 2009 4:00:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

<snip>These images have been around for quite a while.

Ok, that makes it worse.  "Official" art, but no way to confirm/deny those are the next four DGs. Argh.

June 20, 2009 6:20:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well art tends to mean there going with the idea so  u can be pretty certain were getting 2 of them  i would like  the diamond guy

June 20, 2009 11:42:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can view the Occulus mesh already. Its still only placeholder art though.

The "Whiptail" and "Ent" from that thread are the Catapaultosaurus and shambler respectively.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9107/occulus.jpg

June 21, 2009 12:36:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can actually get occulus in game. Just a gold-colored version of the mesh above. He has no stats or abilities though, has a vision range of 1, and dies in a hit or two from towers, though. Oh, and he doesn't respawn.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.