The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How can you increase Torrent speed?

By on June 17, 2009 1:02:04 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Bit Torrent is ridiculously slow. I'm getting averages of 6.0 kb/s. It's taking fucking forever, and I'm pissed because I have really fast internet. (Another reason not to pirate games, takes forever with Torrents.) Does anyone know how to increase torrent speeds?

+61 Karma | 26 Replies
July 25, 2009 7:36:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting VarekRaith,
Torrents =/= Piracy.  It's a good way to distrubute legal stuff (big pathes, Linux Distros). 

Yes a good way for a company to save money on bandwidth. The FOSS boys have been doing it for years.

@OP It just depends on the seeders and the saturation of the data. If its legal there will be dedicated servers and more people prepared to give up some bandwidth. Other and dare I say pirated, tend to have less. You get what you pay for.

Something to read and this

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000015   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.