The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

random youtube videos: how are they found?

well, there is a hint of not-random video

By on June 8, 2009 4:34:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental ForumsExternal Link

I've always wondered what exactly causes people to find strange videos on youtube.  A lot of the internet crazes like "star wars kid" and the "dramatic prairie dog" are word to moth referals.  But how did it start?  what made the first person want to click  on that link and how long did it take?

I personally made a trailer for Elemental: War of Magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAx6lMGaQ4

Its just a fan trailer, and I've seen others that are popular.  However, if it doesn't get the 1st wave of hype from when its a "new video" will it then be lost?   I imagine the trailer will interest more people once the game's released and it has a more solid fanbase.   But would people actually find it then?   If it didn't have many hits before, it wouldn't come up very high on the search list.

+154 Karma | 1 Reply
June 8, 2009 4:39:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

though, I guess 4chan usually helps.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.