The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Map Idea: Pit (1v1) (with Pics)

By on June 5, 2009 8:35:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums External Link

TheScottish...

Join Date 04/2009
+81

i remember reading somehwere that people might be interested in some 1v1 solo maps... specificly ment for dueling and unique stratagies.  so i thought i might try my hand at a little 1v1 map.  this is what i got so far:

New Map: Pit

Appearance

the actual level its self is suppost be bases underground... no lava or anything just in a cave.  beams of light fall on the paths with possibly large mushrooms off to the side for effect.  the citadels are placed on large round slabs of rocks with paths leading down onto the cave floor and around the map.  in the very center of the map is a large bottemless pit.  thats falls deep into the ground.  as you can see from the map below the grunts come out of portals next to the citadel and around the pit on either side like so:

Flags

as you can see form above there are two types of flags, ones with stat bonuses and ones for portals (like normal) the ones by the portals can be captured to take away the grunt waves and add to you own or the stat ones could be owned for bonuses to you grunts like +15% armor or damage... or maybe increase gold income?

Grunts

pathing for the grunts is kind of complex... however i have visual aid for this.  like you can see below the grunts actually miss each other and meet up with the next wave of forces.  this might take some timing tweaks but the effect will be worth it. 

Strategy

so with the grunts missing each other solo demigod have a lot more to think about.  specialy since the forces do not meet up at the same place.  a good sense of the battlefield will need to be present as well as well placed thought in when to go for flags and push the towers.  hopefully something like this would really advance strategy building in the game and inspire other such based maps but on a larger scale.

Conclusion

so a little simplier compared to my other map ideas, however since no word yet on what the Demigod engine can handle i'm not going to waste too much of my time on pointless, impossible maps.  simpler the better.  love to hear you thought on this... mayube ideas to help enhance the game play a bit. one idea i had was for the grunts the actually miss each other meaning they never go face to face, making DG's work a lot more on defence/offence, wat do u think?

also ideas for th stat flags would be nice

Locked Post 24 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 5, 2009 8:43:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your map ideas are amazing, but i think that for a 1v1 having 2 lanes wouldnt work out too well.

June 5, 2009 8:51:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like this!

June 5, 2009 8:54:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am worried it is TOO big for 1v1.  Other than that it looks amazing.

June 5, 2009 9:02:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this would actually be pretty small... like say as big as Prision.... no maybe a bit smaller.  like the pit in the middle would be small enough to maybe teleport across.  but that said this means the grunts have to come at almost 2X the pace...

June 5, 2009 10:20:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the looks of it!

June 5, 2009 10:26:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TSA. Seriously, man. Keep up the good work.

June 5, 2009 10:57:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice. But doesnt it look a bit like crucible?

June 5, 2009 11:05:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You mean aestetically? Because in terms of layout, it's not really anywhere close except for the size factor.

June 5, 2009 11:25:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quite good.  novel and creative.

June 5, 2009 11:33:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very good design, well thought out, nice to see pictures of grunt movements.

June 6, 2009 1:15:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a pretty neat idea, the one worry I have is that the grunts taking different paths would make it really easy for you to distract a group and then they both miss. Since in all the existing maps the grunts take perfectly symetrical paths and always meet, the developers might have a problem with that.

June 6, 2009 1:46:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unless both flags are the same, this also gives an innate advantage to one team; for example, if one guy has a health flag and the other guy has a mana flag... well, the guy with the health flag is going to have an easier time.

June 6, 2009 2:08:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what about if one has the + grunt damage and the other has the + grunt armour?  wouldn't it still be balanced since the extra damage would be absorbed by the armour?  the other option would be for the flag to add say 1 extra grunt from each type... so 1 more minator, archer, priest, etc.  then owning both down yeild 2 extra grunts... making them work more for pushing.  just an idea...

June 6, 2009 2:13:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow,very nice,i`d like to play this map in duel 1vs1:) good job man,very nice!

June 6, 2009 2:31:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheScottishAlien,
what about if one has the + grunt damage and the other has the + grunt armour?  wouldn't it still be balanced since the extra damage would be absorbed by the armour?  the other option would be for the flag to add say 1 extra grunt from each type... so 1 more minator, archer, priest, etc.  then owning both down yeild 2 extra grunts... making them work more for pushing.  just an idea...

Why would you ever want a flag thag gave the enemy more creeps to farm? I can understand creep armor/damage, but having a +1 minion would just mean it is a choice between "do I want to feed the enemy EXP, or get warscore?"

June 6, 2009 3:23:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would simply make them both Valor flags. So you have 2 portals and 2 Valors, a basic map. All maps have 1 Valor flag for each side so in a map with only 4 flags it stands to reason that the only flags besides your portal is the basic Valor.

June 6, 2009 3:44:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why would you ever want a flag thag gave the enemy more creeps to farm? I can understand creep armor/damage, but having a +1 minion would just mean it is a choice between "do I want to feed the enemy EXP, or get warscore?"
Sounds fine to me. Plus when catas and giants come out...

June 6, 2009 4:55:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like a good map, but wouldn't it be better to have 2 portals and make the grunts meet on both sides isntead of this crossover thingy?

June 6, 2009 6:36:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2vs2 is very nice on this map!!

June 6, 2009 6:51:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love the idea. One small thing bothers me though.

If I were a DG and I'd kill the group of enemy minions closest to their base, my group of minions would immidiatly start attacking their citadel, as there is little else to protect them? You mentioned towers but I don't see them on the map yet. This is something to thing about, but probably with some tuning you can still make it an awesome map.

Maybe also worth scaling it up just a tiny bit and making it 2 vs 2. You could go 1 attack 1 defend, or 2 attack to try to overrun the enemy. Makes for a bit of more strategy fun.

June 7, 2009 8:01:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The minion movement is borked. After the first wave they meet in the wrong places. Gives one side too much advantage.

Rethink minion movement and possibly travel.

June 7, 2009 10:52:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After the first wave they meet in the wrong places.
What? How, exactly?

June 7, 2009 11:10:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well distracting a group of minions could screw up the 'meet point' but I don't see that being a problem. It's just another strategic option to think about. Do I hold up an enemy group of minions so my own can go straight to base or not?

December 27, 2011 8:47:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

where can I get that map or any modded maps?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: