The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod 108 Hour Work Week - Part 3

By on June 5, 2009 8:50:09 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

This is the final installment of the Demigod documentary which is a behind-the-scenes look at the development team at Stardock post-launch of Demigod.  This video features more talking with some of the game developers about Demigod, and if you watch closely enough, you will see some sneak peaks of the upcoming game, Elemental: War of Magic.

In case you missed the other videos:

+462 Karma | 37 Replies
June 7, 2009 9:15:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Nah leave it. On the internet everyone suddenly is a filthy rich godlike handsome looking guy that works 22 hours a day without ever making a mistake, while also helping poor kids in africa, owning a ferrari, having a supermodel as a girlfriend and ofcourse they know everything about programming bytecode and could code their own OS better than Windows in about 2 weeks and every problem they ever face is never their fault.

Welcome to the internet."

No you're right, soldiers on operations sit around all day eating pizza and watching television, they have hot showers and have a lie-in until 1100 everyday. 

Why do you haTE the troops?

June 7, 2009 9:17:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Well, one of the problem with programming is that you can't put your brain offline. If you do that your productivity will be negative: you will surely spend more time to correct buggy code you have written during the night than you have spend to write it."

True, but don't expect me to feel any sympathy for you just because you aren't gonna push yourself through the wall.

June 7, 2009 10:06:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GnomeChomp,

No you're right, soldiers on operations sit around all day eating pizza and watching television, they have hot showers and have a lie-in until 1100 everyday. 

Why do you haTE the troops?

LOL cut the patrionistic crap, first of all I did not critisize any troops, and second even if I would why would that mean I hate them? I love my girlfriend but that doesn't mean that she can get away with anything.

Lots of people say lots of things on the internet. No I don't believe any of it. That's because 99% of it is a lie. And arguing that there are people that get less sleep is hardly any argument about making a game. Look around on this board, there are some people here that actually DO know how programming works, and trust me working more has a negative effect. Programming requires analysis, and your analytic skills degrade very fast when you have a tired mind. I'd even advize SD to work less.

June 7, 2009 12:26:17 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

She sure is. Reminds me of my own little princess.

Wow!  they could be sisters!

June 7, 2009 7:31:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mmm Elemental , goodness included!

June 7, 2009 10:29:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These three videos have been a great insight into the workings of Stardock and I hope they won't be the last.

June 8, 2009 2:05:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice vids, but the bee thing has me worried why there is a bee hive near stardock offices.

June 8, 2009 11:26:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh god, PPPPPPPPP

June 8, 2009 2:42:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Windexglow,
Oh god, PPPPPPPPP

What does 'PPPPPPPPP' stand for? We found 0 results (0 seconds)

June 8, 2009 6:13:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gamerlana14,
nice vids, but the bee thing has me worried why there is a bee hive near stardock offices.

Its the way frogboy keeps his workers inside

June 8, 2009 7:35:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Windexglow,
Oh god, PPPPPPPPP
bbbbbbbbb>PPPPPPPPP

June 8, 2009 11:36:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow he actually mentiond DRM affecting military.  never realized they thought of us.  games like portal (disk copy still requiers steam to be logged in) and halo 2 vista need to stop requiring internet to install or play. its extremely lame when i cant play some of my games while im out on a ship.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.