The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ability to 'Mute' Players

By on June 4, 2009 7:39:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hate smack talk - whether it is directed at me or at the opposition. This game does seem to draw out the worst in people in this respect - can we have the ability to squelch players. It will ruin the team ethos but at least it saves from rage quitting. I play to enjoy this game not have some 13 something swearing in game.

Tals

+1 Karma | 4 Replies
June 4, 2009 8:03:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also don't like to be insulted by 13 years old nerds but it never happened to me in demigod. Maybe it only concerns the european community (after all the game is not released yet in France, maybe it prevents some dumbass to buy it) but i have to say i have nothing to complaign about. I stopped playing warcraft 3 some years ago, and the fact that you got insulted during one out of 2 or 3 matches played a role in that decision, i hope the demigod community will never be like that.

June 4, 2009 9:04:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've played a tad more than 3 matches Only really had an issue with 2 of those but as those were recent it didn't set a good time. However in most matches players don't seem to be able to keep their mouths shut on all but critical strategy talk.

I'm a proponent of voip in this game - luckily I have a number of friends where we team up in this way, however that as well must have mute.

Tals

June 4, 2009 11:28:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it amazing that people are distracted by this. I'm usually so engrossed in my actions that I miss a lot of tactical messages etc because the text is liek background fuzz. Maybe you should just focus on your game and not what some 15 said he did to your mother.

June 5, 2009 2:04:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HateForest,
I find it amazing that people are distracted by this. I'm usually so engrossed in my actions that I miss a lot of tactical messages etc because the text is liek background fuzz. Maybe you should just focus on your game and not what some 15 said he did to your mother.

Yep generally I miss a lot of the text - it doesn't stay up for that long - however if it gets infantile then that does become difficult. Will try doing what you suggest - maybe a better solution

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.